ADVERTISEMENT

Rep Ilhan Omar and Israel

Glad to see you haven’t changed a bit, Sunshine.

But in all seriousness I would absolutely love to see you expand upon your previous statement, and explain why the Israeli's "deserve" their land but Native Americans don't deserve the US. I'll patiently wait for a response.

$20 says you will just ignore me or go back to personal attacks yet again, your standard MO when you get called out on bullshit you post.

Reactions: DaShuckster
But in all seriousness I would absolutely love to see you expand upon your previous statement, and explain why the Israeli's "deserve" their land but Native Americans don't deserve the US. I'll patiently wait for a response.

$20 says you will just ignore me or go back to personal attacks yet again, your standard MO when you get called out on bullshit you post.

I'll play devil's advocate here. The american indians never had a recognized government, they were just indigenous people who lived here and never made any sort of claim to the land. Israel, on the other hand, was historically recognized by other nations and they did make a claim to that land. In all honesty, thats probably the best argument I can make but it isnt a very strong one by my own admission. Who, if we were to decide we want to do so, would we turn the US land back over to? And how far back do you have to go to say "this is their land and we are giving it back to them"? Shit, the Greeks at one point controlled 1/3rd of Asia. Does it actually belong to them? Should Iran be restored to the Shah, or if some semblance of the Persian empire? Who has a rightful claim to Australia? There are still Aztec, Mayan, and Incan descendants in Mexico. Should the entire Yucatan peninsula and greater Mexico be turned over to them? I guess at some point you just have to look at what the situation is right meow and call it the standard.

I'll play devil's advocate here. The american indians never had a recognized government, they were just indigenous people who lived here and never made any sort of claim to the land.

My guess is that most historians would disagree with you on this, Crazy.

But then again, they're probably all university liberals. :)

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I'll play devil's advocate here. The american indians never had a recognized government, they were just indigenous people who lived here and never made any sort of claim to the land. Israel, on the other hand, was historically recognized by other nations and they did make a claim to that land. In all honesty, thats probably the best argument I can make but it isnt a very strong one by my own admission. Who, if we were to decide we want to do so, would we turn the US land back over to? And how far back do you have to go to say "this is their land and we are giving it back to them"? Shit, the Greeks at one point controlled 1/3rd of Asia. Does it actually belong to them? Should Iran be restored to the Shah, or if some semblance of the Persian empire? Who has a rightful claim to Australia? There are still Aztec, Mayan, and Incan descendants in Mexico. Should the entire Yucatan peninsula and greater Mexico be turned over to them? I guess at some point you just have to look at what the situation is right meow and call it the standard.

Sorry, you are completely wrong about the native americans, they had extensive cities and governments. I'd recommend reading up on it, as it's very interesting stuff that got completely left out of most education curriculum. Not your fault, it just isn't taught. But yeah, I do agree with the rest of your post. Should we return all of India and Pakistan to the Greeks because at one time Alexander the Great strolled through? There's zero logic to @sk8knight 's claim, I just wanted to point that out. It's not the first time he's posted utter bullshit, and I'm sure it won't be the last. It's just sad to see people's belief system cloud their logic.

Sorry, you are completely wrong about the native americans, they had extensive cities and governments. I'd recommend reading up on it, as it's very interesting stuff that got completely left out of most education curriculum. Not your fault, it just isn't taught. But yeah, I do agree with the rest of your post. Should we return all of India and Pakistan to the Greeks because at one time Alexander the Great strolled through? There's zero logic to @sk8knight 's claim, I just wanted to point that out. It's not the first time he's posted utter bullshit, and I'm sure it won't be the last. It's just sad to see people's belief system cloud their logic.

I remember reading an article (from Cracked of all places) that brought forth all kinds of amazing historical facts about the native americans and their societal structure that isn't taught in school. I'll have to see if I can find that, because it is a truly amazing story of history that nobody knows. The point that I was making, admittedly flawed as it is, was that while there was a societal structure but probably not the type of political structure that meets any generally accepted form of government.

I remember reading an article (from Cracked of all places) that brought forth all kinds of amazing historical facts about the native americans and their societal structure that isn't taught in school. I'll have to see if I can find that, because it is a truly amazing story of history that nobody knows. The point that I was making, admittedly flawed as it is, was that while there was a societal structure but probably not the type of political structure that meets any generally accepted form of government.

I'll agree that they didnt have a western style government, but I'm sure a lot of it is lost to history as we don't have any way of knowing how they governed (or didn't). But yeah as you admit it's still a shaky argument on multiple levels. Just because they didn't have a government isn't a valid reason to kick them off the land where they lived, and also how do you determine who "owned" what land given tons of different ppl lived on the same land over millennia.

My main point is: @sk8knight made an utter bullshit argument and isn't man enough to stick around and admit he was wrong, or even double down and try to defend it.

Last edited:
Pretty amazing stuff. Of note, that civilization essentially died out. Its hard to say whether or not the american indians as we know them had much, if any, connection to the Mississippians. They seem to have had more in common with the central american civilizations than with the native American tribes of the 1500-1800s

thats pretty cool. i wish that more attention was paid to stuff like this in our own history classes.

I knew about the plague and it was taught in my middle school. I honestly thought everyone knew about it. The Europeans basically arrived to a continent where most of its' populace had just been wiped out. Whatever warring Native American tribes were left to mount resistance were way down in numbers that they once had.

As the article mentions, if the plague never happens in N America, white Europeans probably never settle here like they eventually did. They explored and attempted to conquer India, China, Africa, etc and yet none of those places are white European today since they had to deal with armed populaces that weren't decimated by plague.

i think we can all agree that the education system in america today is subpar

The issue during my junior high/high school years had little to do with my teachers and everything to do with the American history textbooks we used that played loose with the facts in order to ‘glorify’ American historical figures and events. Ironically, when I learned the real, unvarnished historical events and people in college, it made me more proud to be an American, not less.

To this day I wonder how the education of our young people is ever improved when we deliberately feed them bullsh*t.

Pretty amazing stuff. Of note, that civilization essentially died out. Its hard to say whether or not the american indians as we know them had much, if any, connection to the Mississippians. They seem to have had more in common with the central american civilizations than with the native American tribes of the 1500-1800s

Yea these ancient mound building cultures are super interesting. When I was living in Atlanta I remember hearing about some newly discovered Mississippian mounds in Georgia. One theory I heard is they probably ended up being absorbed in to the surrounding Native American cultures.

Lol come defend your girl again, Democrats

You know it’s bad when an Islamic Imam who is dedicated to moderation and peace is alerting people to the rhetoric coming from this woman.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Oh, Jews in Germany in the 1940's? Yea, some people did something but that's really not the point!

Seems like the leftie defenders of this woman disappeared. Wonder why? :)

Crickets.gif from @sk8knight just as I called.

It never gets old embarrassing the shit out of you ignorant morons.

See, this is why I don't bother trying to explain things. I literally linked an article that talked about how insanely racist that very tweet is. And then we have brain dead self proclaimed racist pieces of shit like K_L linking the tweet thinking they are somehow halfway intelligent.

K_L you are a barely evolved ape.

See, this is why I don't bother trying to explain things. I literally linked an article that talked about how insanely racist that very tweet is. And then we have brain dead self proclaimed racist pieces of shit like K_L linking the tweet thinking they are somehow halfway intelligent.

K_L you are a barely evolved ape.
Why did she lie about the origins of CAIR? And why is it inappropriate to criticize someone who calls 911 as "some people did something "? She was being intellectually dishonest in entirety and deserved to be called out for it.

Why did she lie about the origins of CAIR? And why is it inappropriate to criticize someone who calls 911 as "some people did something "? She was being intellectually dishonest in entirety and deserved to be called out for it.

There were a million ways for her to recognize the horror and tragedy of 9/11 while still remarking that those people warped Islam to motivate them or whatever. She could have easily done both, make those remarks and then offer what the "supposed" task of CAIR is.

She chose to use the words that she did in a way to minimize the fact that yes, over 3,000 people were killed by Muslim terrorists. And minimize what the actual impact of 9/11 was.

I love thought that by merely criticizing her, we now have bedwetting D candidates insisting that "her life is in danger" because people have the gall to be pissed off over these remarks. Pathetic.

I love thought that by merely criticizing her, we now have bedwetting D candidates insisting that "her life is in danger" because people have the gall to be pissed off over these remarks. Pathetic.

Omar is showing she's "not ready for prime time" with her ill-advised remarks. These are what you call in sports "unforced errors." To say they were dumb is an understatement.

But if that wasn't bad enough, now you've got the President of the United States tweeting to make a bigger issue out of it. Funny thing, I could have sworn that one of the positives to come from such a horrible tragedy was the way it brought Americans together.

But -- of course -- Trump can't resist 'upping the ante' to create a twitter controversy for the day. Remember, Trump was SO UPSET by the fall of the twin towers that during an radio interview on 9/11 he noted that he now had the tallest building in NY. What a guy, right guys? But please, don't let me interrupt your Omar bashing.

If you actually bothered to watch the video in my link it provides context to her speach. It's obvious she is trying to be respectful and not bring up 9/11. Anyways my link actually talked about the exact tweet KL posted, and how disgusting it I'd and that the POTUS tweeted out a video aimed at the getting the lowest common denominator of the American public (like KL) all worked up. It's painfully obvious what's happening.

But fuk actual research, this is the internet and the GOP we are talking about, it's way better to just get absolutely snowflake offended and whine.

BTW you've been awfully quiet in the Bernie Sanders thread since my post.

Omar is showing she's "not ready for prime time" with her ill-advised remarks. These are what you call in sports "unforced errors." To say they were dumb is an understatement.

But if that wasn't bad enough, now you've got the President of the United States tweeting to make a bigger issue out of it. Funny thing, I could have sworn that one of the positives to come from such a horrible tragedy was the way it brought Americans together.

But -- of course -- Trump can't resist 'upping the ante' to create a twitter controversy for the day. Remember, Trump was SO UPSET by the fall of the twin towers that during an radio interview on 9/11 he noted that he now had the tallest building in NY. What a guy, right guys? But please, don't let me interrupt your Omar bashing.

Lol a sitting memeber of Congress deliberately tries to play down the entire 9/11 terror attack for her CAIR audience and you still come away bitching the hardest about trump

Predictable but still sad

Lol a sitting memeber of Congress deliberately tries to play down the entire 9/11 terror attack for her CAIR audience and you still come away bitching the hardest about trump

What happened to your outrage? You went ballistic when Candace Owens' remarks about Nazi Germany were taken out of context and thrown back in her face but when Trump and your Red hat buddies do the same thing to Omar regarding 9/11, it's all suddenly true?

Is THAT how this works? That certainly is predictable but still sad.

Funny how when Trump makes an insane statement it's "more bitching about Trump"

When you all obsess over an out of context statement by Omar it's a national emergency.

Goddamn your double standard hypocrisy is mind blowing.

If you actually bothered to watch the video in my link it provides context to her speach. It's obvious she is trying to be respectful and not bring up 9/11. Anyways my link actually talked about the exact tweet KL posted, and how disgusting it I'd and that the POTUS tweeted out a video aimed at the getting the lowest common denominator of the American public (like KL) all worked up. It's painfully obvious what's happening.

But fuk actual research, this is the internet and the GOP we are talking about, it's way better to just get absolutely snowflake offended and whine.

BTW you've been awfully quiet in the Bernie Sanders thread since my post.
I watched the video and there was no context that made it better. I'll look at the other thread

What happened to your outrage? You went ballistic when Candace Owens' remarks about Nazi Germany were taken out of context and thrown back in her face but when Trump and your Red hat buddies do the same thing to Omar regarding 9/11, it's all suddenly true?

Is THAT how this works? That certainly is predictable but still sad.

LOL so not you've decided to just lie again and invent bullshit. Ok. What "context" changes what Omar said? Please, do tell us?

She was specifically talking about the founding of CAIR and was trying to assert (hilariously wrong, btw) that CAIR was founded after 9/11 due to some swell in anti-Islam sentiment, and to address the "what" in 9/11, she glossed over it as "some people did something".

There is no "context" to be had here. She by default had to at least mention 9/11 in her fake news diatribe, but instead of simply paying the victims the respect they deserve like every other American would, she totally skimmed over it and acted like we're talking about a few people robbing a coffee stand.

But hey, good to see you're still going to bat for this anti-Semite since she's got a D next to her name!

LOL so not you've decided to just lie again and invent bullshit.

About what? About this?

What "context" changes what Omar said? Please, do tell us?

Her focus was on the rise of anti-Islamic sentiment, not minimizing the tragedy of 9/11. As I made crystal clear in an earlier post, her remarks were ill-advised and downright dumb because they were tailor-made for the radical right to jump on.

But she's a Congresswoman, not some radical islamic, anti-American, terrorist supporter. You know it and I know it. When it was Candice Owens, you were appalled (justifiably IMHO) a Congressman attempted to paint a false picture. But in this case, we're to believe the Right is painting a true picture of Congresswoman Omar as a 9/11 "denier." Yeah, riiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

So now Omar is receiving even more death threats thanks to Trump.

Really not surprised since people like @UCFKnight85 will send death threats over an internet message board. Really just an average Trump voter.

About what? About this?

Her focus was on the rise of anti-Islamic sentiment, not minimizing the tragedy of 9/11. As I made crystal clear in an earlier post, her remarks were ill-advised and downright dumb because they were tailor-made for the radical right to jump on.

But she's a Congresswoman, not some radical islamic, anti-American, terrorist supporter. You know it and I know it. When it was Candice Owens, you were appalled (justifiably IMHO) a Congressman attempted to paint a false picture. But in this case, we're to believe the Right is painting a true picture of Congresswoman Omar as a 9/11 "denier." Yeah, riiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

No one she was a 9/11 denier, you absolute lying lunatic. Jesus. You’re deranged - like medically diagnosed delusional and deranged.

They like to talk about disgusting and are willing to defend this pos who thinks 911 is some joke . No way she deserves to be a voice in our government

At least they're making their positions known. They're willing to hitch their ride to this woman, a known anti-Semite who has relegated 9/11 to petty theft in her mind.

But (Omar) she's a Congresswoman, not some radical islamic, anti-American, terrorist supporter. You know it and I know it. When it was Candice Owens, you were appalled (justifiably IMHO) a Congressman attempted to paint a false picture. But in this case, we're to believe the Right is painting a true picture of Congresswoman Omar as a 9/11 "denier." Yeah, riiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:
No one she was a 9/11 denier, you absolute lying lunatic. Jesus. You’re deranged ...
Omigawd, I don't want to mischaracterize your view of Omar. What is it then?
a known anti-Semite who has relegated 9/11 to petty theft in her mind.
this pos ... thinks 911 is some joke .
Okay, so the word on this board is that Congresswoman Omar thinks 9/11 was no big deal and "some joke." Why don't you hypocrites rail some more on the despicable way a lib Congressman played Candace Owens.

They like to talk about disgusting and are willing to defend this pos who thinks 911 is some joke . No way she deserves to be a voice in our government

Donald Trump basically bragged about his building being the tallest in Manhattan on the actual day of the attack. Not to mention his son in laws close business ties with the Saudi's (you know, the people that actually attacked us) and the push by this administration to allow the Saudi's to have nuclear power. But that object apparently isn't shiny enough to focus on so let's focus on some clumsy wording by a freshman congresswoman.

Donald Trump basically bragged about his building being the tallest in Manhattan on the actual day of the attack.

I thought about posting this exact same thing in response to bt, but its really a waste of time. He has no interest in the truth or facts, just reinforcing his preconceived beliefs. Its insane, I could not be a bigger hypocrite if I tried.

Reactions: Crazyhole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT