Reparation talk in the House

cnsaguy

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2002
CNN
FOX

Two links so no feathers get ruffled.

I just don't see how this moves forward. What kind of number do you put on it? How do you determine who gets what? Where does the money come from? Does Tiger Woods get a half payment? Where does it end?

Reactions: btbones
It’s 100% just a political talking point and has no chance of actually going anywhere. And they all know it too.
If so, it's a horrible vote pandering ploy that further degrades the integrity of the office and erodes the public's confidence. Exactly what we needed right now when so many are enraged is a bunch of empty promises. Then they'll blame the evil Republicans when they knew from the start there was no way to make this happen and only serve to divide the country even more.

In case you were wondering how far left the DNC has gone, read this part. Mind you, the general public is overwhelming against reparations.

However, in a finding that could put 2020 Democratic presidential hopefuls in a bind, the Fox poll found that among Democratic primary voters, 54 percent said they were likely to support a candidate who backed reparations, while 33 percent said they were not likely.

Does Elizabeth Warren get paid? She is half white, half black, and half Indian. I know that sounds impossible but it's true.

Reactions: Crazyhole
It’s 100% just a political talking point and has no chance of actually going anywhere. And they all know it too.
i agree with you but its just terrible. they shouldnt be wasting time on this. we have legit issues they should be talking about.

i agree with you but its just terrible. they shouldnt be wasting time on this. we have legit issues they should be talking about.

It’s not so much a waste of time as it is answering a question. This idea has been brought up by a certain segment of democratic voters and the candidates just have to say they would support a vote on it yada yada. Is it lip service, yes and it’s unfortunate. But in reality it’s no different than Trump appealing to his base saying he’ll deport millions of people. Unrealistic lip service.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
It’s not so much a waste of time as it is answering a question. This idea has been brought up by a certain segment of democratic voters and the candidates just have to say they would support a vote on it yada yada. Is it lip service, yes and it’s unfortunate. But in reality it’s no different than Trump appealing to his base saying he’ll deport millions of people. Unrealistic lip service.
i agree with you, but i think you chose the wrong analogy. trump has been deporting millions of people. i think you meant trump talking about locking hillary up. lol at him for bringing that up at his rally the other night. its been 3 years and he hasnt moved on that and yet his base eats it up. i admit i want her locked up but at this point, its just lip service.

Reactions: btbones
i agree with you, but i think you chose the wrong analogy. trump has been deporting millions of people. i think you meant trump talking about locking hillary up. lol at him for bringing that up at his rally the other night. its been 3 years and he hasnt moved on that and yet his base eats it up. i admit i want her locked up but at this point, its just lip service.

You’re drinking the Kool Aid Wayne. Last year Trump deported over 250,000 people. That’s definitely a lot. But is still behind the 410,000 Obama deported in 2012.

But ICE doesn’t have the manpower, time, or means to deport “millions” under Trump’s tenure. He could probably hit 2 mil over 8 years.

You’re drinking the Kool Aid Wayne. Last year Trump deported over 250,000 people. That’s definitely a lot. But is still behind the 410,000 Obama deported in 2012.

But ICE doesn’t have the manpower, time, or means to deport “millions” under Trump’s tenure. He could probably hit 2 mil over 8 years.
if only the dems werent hold him back, id bet hed deport more. im hoping he can really ramp it up.

Reactions: Crazyhole
I've always said free college for African and Native Americans until their demographics are within a few percent of the median Americans of other ethnicities. I've never liked 'reparations' at all, and prefer to focus on 'the next generation.'

Also ... how do you enforce it on American families who were not in this country in the 1860s? What about even thru the 1960s?

Rep Mike Johnson explained today why reparations are almost certainly unconstitutional and the Woke children in the audience booed him for daring to talk about the legality or constitutional basis for this entire charade.

https://bit.ly/2Xjm1jb

Reactions: UCFBS
Just one question, why now? Where was the CBC on reparations when Obama or Clinton had control of both houses of Congress? When will Black Americans realize that they are pawns to the democrats?

Reactions: UCFWayne
Well my family never owned slaves, and I have at least one member die fighting to free slaves, I am not sure how much Blacks who are now free, and who's family has been free for 5 plus generations, because of his sacrifice should be paying my family, Who also have not lost anyone fighting for that freedom for 5 plus generations . My guess is a one way ticket back to Ireland for those us who have had enough of living here in the US.

Last edited:
It is all the very core of the democrat party thought that as a minority you cannot succeed without their help, you need reparations. Candace Owens continues to expose this dangerous agenda and the more successful #blexit is, the more the democrats will need to return to the center

I saw talk yesterday from proponents of this House hearing that "reparations" is now just a catch-all for gaining support to do things nationally to combat racism, invest in African American causes (whatever that's supposed to be), and "admit" that this country was complicit in slavery (we've already done that?).

All of this is a huge mistake on their part. If that's what they're really after here, then tying this to something as charged as reparations is the wrong way to go about it.

I saw talk yesterday from proponents of this House hearing that "reparations" is now just a catch-all for gaining support to do things nationally to combat racism, invest in African American causes (whatever that's supposed to be), and "admit" that this country was complicit in slavery (we've already done that?).

All of this is a huge mistake on their part. If that's what they're really after here, then tying this to something as charged as reparations is the wrong way to go about it.

Correct. I have heard this too. And the fact that those who aren’t pushing for simply money handouts allow the things they want to still be called reparations is incredibly stupid and fails on so many marketing levels it’s sad.

I don't understand how they would ever objectively quantify the financial damage done to the ancestors of slaves. This is just a ploy to gain votes via a new form of welfare. It's insulting to everyone to even try.

Just a thought: if one of my ancestors was killed by a black slave 150 years ago, should I be able to go back on that family and receive compensation? Or even if it wasn't a slave. Just 2 guys who got into a fight and one of them killed the other. What if it was 50 years ago?

At what point do you have to leave the past in the past and move on? Should the ancestors of Union soldiers who died fighting to end slavery be held to account and pay reparations?

This whole topic is almost too easy to expose for what it is, which is just a ploy to create another welfare program for no other purpose than to buy votes.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Way to not contribute in any meaningful way yet again and offer a totally worthless response
LOL. You've got nothing, pansy.

McConnell is a racist dickwad.
You guys are racist dickwads, and not one of you has ever felt a single ounce of discrimination or felt effects from 450+ years of racism in this country. But keep telling black folks what they need to be doing. I'm sure you know best.

You guys are racist dickwads, and not one of you has ever felt a single ounce of discrimination or felt effects from 450+ years of racism in this country. But keep telling black folks what they need to be doing. I'm sure you know best.

No one is telling black folks anything aside from you since you’re asserting that a few black folks in this subcommittee speak for all black folks. Racist much, hypocrite?

Does hanging out in shitty hipster beer bars where obtuse and obese white people talk about how Woke they are qualify you to call everyone else a racist?

Do I need to remind everyone of the time that you called someone you perceived to be Hispanic a “spic” and told him to move the fuk out of your way?

How bout you open your wallet and give money to blacks as reparations? Exactly. Hypocrite. Pussy.

Racists like Chemmie surely applaud the degradation of this black man who spoke on this topic. Surely with the same hate and vitriol he’s faced from hate filled liberals since he spoke.

300,000+ Union soldiers died in the civil war. Certainly their ancestors don't have to pay reparations?

Also, as a previous poster stated, many immigrants came to this country after slavery had ended .... or at the very least arrived here and never owned slaves, and oftentimes, treated horribly for being immigrants.

Are they exempt from their taxes being used for reparations? Can they get reparations themselves?

How do we do this?

300,000+ Union soldiers died in the civil war. Certainly their ancestors don't have to pay reparations?

Also, as a previous poster stated, many immigrants came to this country after slavery had ended .... or at the very least arrived here and never owned slaves, and oftentimes, treated horribly for being immigrants.

Are they exempt from their taxes being used for reparations? Can they get reparations themselves?

How do we do this?
We do this with the magic of science!

US paid the Japanese for reparations from World War 2 in 1990. While i was alive when the reparations were paid, i wasn't born when it happened.

US paid the Japanese for reparations from World War 2 in 1990. While i was alive when the reparations were paid, i wasn't born when it happened.
Another 3rd grader, Progressive US News Media argument, which the critically thinking Liberals at The Atlantic (one of the last bastions of true Liberalism in the media) debunked some 5 years ago ...
  • The Elusive Specificity of Reparations
    They’re not an abstract notion. They’re particular amounts of money paid to particular people. To atone for America's sins, whom should the government pay, how much, and why?
    https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/06/the-elusive-specificity-of-reparations/372255/

"The United States did not pay reparations to Japanese Americans as an ethnic group. The United States government paid $20,000 per person to those Japanese Americans (or next of kin) who were interned during World War II.Japanese Americans who were not interned received nothing. The compensation was individual, not collective—a point I stressed when I wrote in favor of such payments back in the late 1980s ...

... look much more like the payments the U.S. government makes to coal miners under the Black Lung program than it does to anything [2014 advocate] seems to have in mind. "
That's the problem. Progressives have no ability to go deeper, and will cry and complain if the same logic is applied to off-spring. E.g., the larger the set of kin, the less money each gets.

Another 3rd grader, Progressive US News Media argument, which the critically thinking Liberals at The Atlantic (one of the last bastions of true Liberalism in the media) debunked.

• The Elusive Specificity of Reparations
    They’re not an abstract notion. They’re particular amounts of money paid to particular people. To atone for America's sins, whom should the government pay, how much, and why?
    https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/06/the-elusive-specificity-of-reparations/372255/

"The United States did not pay reparations to Japanese Americans as an ethnic group. The United States government paid $20,000 per person to those Japanese Americans (or next of kin) who were interned during World War II.Japanese Americans who were not interned received nothing. The compensation was individual, not collective—a point I stressed when I wrote in favor of such payments back in the late 1980s ... "
That's the problem. Progressives have no ability to go deeper, and will cry and complain if the same logic is applied to off-spring. E.g., the larger the set of kin, the less money each gets.
I still wasnt born when it happened.

I still wasnt born when it happened.
And yet, you didn't want to dive into the detail either. You just wanted to stand with the 3rd grader argument, not dive into the details ... and the 'proportionate solution.'

Moderates, Liberals, Libertarians all ask the same questions, and debate all the aspects. You just want to ignore them, or quote the aspects that are compatible with your 'alignments.'

And yet, you didn't want to dive into the detail either. You just wanted to stand with the 3rd grader argument, not dive into the details ... and the 'proportionate solution.'

Moderates, Liberals, Libertarians all ask the same questions, and debate all the aspects. You just want to ignore them, or quote the aspects that are compatible with your 'alignments.'
Lol they got paid thats whats important. If you want to pay the blacks the same way you paid the Japanese by all means. What are you paying them? Jack sh1t.
Look if you seen the highlights, both ends of that spectrum really don't want money. Theyre scared because whitey is gonna criticize them again for free money. And boy i heard the white politicians were filling up the room to see this one too

Lol they got paid thats whats important. If you want to pay the blacks the same way you paid the Japanese by all means. What are you paying them? Jack sh1t.
Look if you seen the highlights, both ends of that spectrum really don't want money. Theyre scared because whitey is gonna criticize them again for free money. And boy i heard the white politicians were filling up the room to see this one too
The problem is that the wing of the Democratic arm won't accept a deal like for the kin of Japanese interment or coal miners.

And what's with this 'you'?

We Libertarians are against all reparation because we're against persecuting people in the first place! We've been against the 'War on Drugs' and for 'Marriage Equality' since 1971 ... well before you idiots passed DOMA and 'Tough on Crime'!

I.e., if you'd listen to us f'ing Libertarians in the first place, we wouldn't need this sh-- in the first place! Seriously!

We Libertarians are against all reparation because we're against persecuting people in the first place! We've been against the 'War on Drugs' and for 'Marriage Equality' since 1971 ... well before you idiots passed DOMA and 'Tough on Crime'!
As well as free to own slaves and free to reject doing business with customers especially interstate wise.

As well as free to own slaves and free to reject doing business with customers especially interstate wise.
Nominated for worst post ever.

In other news, Elizabeth Warren wants to give retroactive tax credits for gay couples, essentially just another form of reparations.

Nominated for worst post ever.

In other news, Elizabeth Warren wants to give retroactive tax credits for gay couples, essentially just another form of reparations.

lol these people are a joke. It'd be great if someone could tally the list of free shit all of these people have cumulatively proposed already and assign a $$$$ number. It'd probably be north of $100 Trillion given that most of these clowns back the GND.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT