ADVERTISEMENT

Republican National Convention

Of course it did. You dont think they were paying security at the White House?

Jesus dude, his point is that it was going to cost the same no matter where this was done. That Is the point, and it was made earlier by an actual SS Agent who posts in the Dungeon

Aren’t the violent left the ones not caring about people burning cities? Indirectly condoning it. The left are very violent and must be stopped at al costs. Otherwise, the country is going to be complete anarchy led by the fuhrer Joe Biden
NPrVkuTiSbp0sq90SN8X-7fKpbqk8qMGrg82Pvoug78.jpg

LOUD NOISES!

• Haha
Reactions: firm_bizzle
Jesus dude, his point is that it was going to cost the same no matter where this was done. That Is the point, and it was made earlier by an actual SS Agent who posts in the Dungeon
I don’t see how holding an event with thousands in attendance at the White House costs the same as the president speaking from a different location without a large crowd in attendance. At least from a security perspective. The only reason for the crowd was so they could applaud him and stroke his fragile ego.

I don’t see how holding an event with thousands in attendance at the White House costs the same as the president speaking from a different location without a large crowd in attendance. At least from a security perspective. The only reason for the crowd was so they could applaud him and stroke his fragile ego.

Sorry if a pre-screened group of people who wanted to listen to the President triggered your butthurt this badly

Sorry if a pre-screened group of people who wanted to listen to the President triggered your butthurt this badly
It didn’t. But the cost to hold an event of 1000+ people is greater than the cost to have a televised speech without a live audience. I think we can agree on that.

Reactions: firm_bizzle

That wasnt the point of the post I responded to. Secondly it is that is a violation of the Hatch Act. I get the law and order president is just a gimmick, but it doesnt change that. Thirdly, a virtual speech like how the DNC and much of the RNC was done, would most certainly not cost as much, that isnt debatable.

That wasnt the point of the post I responded to. Secondly it is that is a violation of the Hatch Act. I get the law and order president is just a gimmick, but it doesnt change that. Thirdly, a virtual speech like how the DNC and much of the RNC was done, would most certainly not cost as much, that isnt debatable.

Stop taking what the HuffPo spoon feeds you as a fact

Reactions: Crazyhole
Unless Trump solicited donations to his campaign directly during his speech, its not a violation.

It is a convention, it is most certainly used to raise cash. But beside that point, even if you dont think it applies to Trump, this is a political convention, not a typical presidential address. There is almost no way it didnt apply to some people who helped with the event. IF this is going to be the standard going forward, then both sides should have access to use the White House for conventions.

IF this is going to be the standard going forward, then both sides should have access to use the White House for conventions.
Of Course. And we all know that ain't happening.

Like other highly questionable things Trump has done during his Administration, I'd prefer a simple "So what?" response instead of his minions giving us a bunch of stupid, bullshit 'justifications.'

As we've discovered over and over again with this Administration, our traditional 'checks and balances' safeguards fall way short when you've got a President who doesn't give a shit about breaking the law and dares a divided Congress to do something about it.

The President gave a speech on WH grounds and liberals are losing their shit over it. My God.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Trump got a 9 point approval rating bump (24%) among African Americans this week according to the latest Harris poll.

It’s hard for Biden to sell “boring” to people when his party is burning down cities and defunding police

It is a convention, it is most certainly used to raise cash. But beside that point, even if you dont think it applies to Trump, this is a political convention, not a typical presidential address. There is almost no way it didnt apply to some people who helped with the event. IF this is going to be the standard going forward, then both sides should have access to use the White House for conventions.
You do realize that violating the Hatch Act has been a fairly regular practice for Administrations and there has never been a lot of will to prosecute it, right? Or is this just a problem because it’s Trump doing it?

Of Course. And we all know that ain't happening.

Like other highly questionable things Trump has done during his Administration, I'd prefer a simple "So what?" response instead of his minions giving us a bunch of stupid, bullshit 'justifications.'

As we've discovered over and over again with this Administration, our traditional 'checks and balances' safeguards fall way short when you've got a President who doesn't give a shit about breaking the law and dares a divided Congress to do something about it.
I'd be fine with a Democrat president doing the same thing as long as the party reimbursed the government for expenses. This just doesn't seem like that big of a deal as long as taxpayers aren't paying for it outside of what are reasonable expenses.

Stop taking what the HuffPo spoon feeds you as a fact

The Hatch Act applies to any senate confirmed individuals employed in the executive branch who attended.

Yes, the president could give a speech from the White House. The issue is the event which included other federal employees beyond the President and Vice President. And no it’s not really a big deal in the scheme of things. Just the crisis du jour. That doesn’t mean it should be ignored.

You do realize that violating the Hatch Act has been a fairly regular practice for Administrations and there has never been a lot of will to prosecute it, right? Or is this just a problem because it’s Trump doing it?

Ok, then let's get rid of it then and let both parties use the White House for conventions in the future.

Ok, then let's get rid of it then and let both parties use the White House for conventions in the future.
Sure, I’m all for getting rid of laws we don’t want to enforce. Or, how about we not freak out when the other party does what our own party has done for years. Either way.

I think the country is at a point where the White House isn't really the symbol that it once was. The image of it doesn't really invoke emotions like it probably did decades ago so I don't think its really a political advantage. If anything, huge stadiums full of people are a more powerful image than the white house rally with a few hundred people.

I think the country is at a point where the White House isn't really the symbol that it once was. The image of it doesn't really invoke emotions like it probably did decades ago so I don't think its really a political advantage. If anything, huge stadiums full of people are a more powerful image than the white house rally with a few hundred people.

But both sides have conventions in arenas, in normal years.

But both sides have conventions in arenas, in normal years.
Which is why this whole "trump used the white house" is much ado about nothing. I'm sure he would have preferred to have a 50,000 seat arena packed with supporters, as would any candidate in the future.

The television ratings for the two conventions are in -- and Trump and the Republicans got their asses kicked.

According to Nielsen, Trump’s primetime speech on the RNC's last night drew a rating of 14.1, which means 14.1 percent of homes in more than 50 major markets around the country tuned in. Joe Biden, by comparison, drew a 17.5 rating for his acceptance speech at the previous week's DNC. In terms of viewers, an estimated 23.6 million watched Biden’s acceptance speech, which was 22 minutes long, compared with the 21.6 million who watched Trump’s 70-minute RNC address.

While TV ratings were down for both conventions compared with 2016, the Democratic convention drew higher overnight ratings than the GOP in 2020 on each of their four nights. Ouch. I'm sure our ratings-loving Commander-in-Chief was pissed off about that.

The demographic that would stream likely leans toward a Biden voter, but that doesn’t mean that Biden voters weren’t watching the RNC.
I've heard a few people say they tried watching the RNC on either CNN or FOX but didn't like how they were cutting away for analysis all the time, and switched to watching it online. I didn't watch any of it live so not sure how bad it was but apparently it was a factor in how some people viewed it.

I've heard a few people say they tried watching the RNC on either CNN or FOX but didn't like how they were cutting away for analysis all the time, and switched to watching it online.
But, again, you are not claiming this anecdotal evidence helped the RNC's overall viewership, right? ;)

But, again, you are not claiming this anecdotal evidence helped the RNC's overall viewership, right? ;)
No. There were probably more reasons for people to watch Biden speak than Trump, and Michelle Obama is a huge draw so there probably were more DNC viewers. I'm just saying that Nielson ratings don't give an accurate representation.

Come on, Biz! Don't be such a spoilsport! Allow our Trumpsters have their little moment. :)
Nearly every poll that I've seen has Trump between 42-45%, Biden 48-51%. Trump has a high floor but low ceiling. His negatives are always ~55%.

Nearly every poll that I've seen has Trump between 42-45%, Biden 48-51%. Trump has a high floor but low ceiling. His negatives are always ~55%.
B-B-But Crazy reported that Trump has seen a HUGE surge in African American voters! That should do the trick! :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT