ADVERTISEMENT

Republican National Convention

I dont think it really matters if they do or dont. I think a lot of people out there are just tired of all the drama surrounding a Trump presidency, and want to see things get back to normal. I dont think reminding everyone what the country looks like after 4 years of him being in office, is a great strategy.
If he can frame it as being "even more of this" under Biden and place the blame on the shoulders of mayors/governors, its probably not a bad way to go.

If he can frame it as being "even more of this" under Biden and place the blame on the shoulders of mayors/governors, its probably not a bad way to go.

Except it is still basically admitting that Trump's America, isnt going so well. I am sure there are people out their that buy into it, but I still think reminding people what Trump's America looks like, might not be the winning strategy he thinks it is.

Except it is still basically admitting that Trump's America, isnt going so well. I am sure there are people out their that buy into it, but I still think reminding people what Trump's America looks like, might not be the winning strategy he thinks it is.
If Biden can effectively frame it that way, I agree. Thats a pretty tall order though because he would have to tie the police to Trump and risk alienating the people that aren't against the police. Quite the tightrope walk.

If Biden can effectively frame it that way, I agree. Thats a pretty tall order though because he would have to tie the police to Trump and risk alienating the people that aren't against the police. Quite the tightrope walk.

I dont think he has to tie the police to Trump. I think he can focus on Trump's rhetoric, and just in a general sense, point out the constant chaos and drama we have had under Trump. We have riots, we have a pandemic that Trump was terrible on, we had impeachment, we have Trump essentially condoning conspiracy groups, etc etc etc. I dont think this is a tightrope at all, I think Biden just needs to appeal to a sense of normalcy.

Trump -- and many of his followers -- make it sound like we're some sort of collection of independent, Red and Blue feudal city-states.

Call me old fashioned, but I thought we were the UNITED States of America. That doesn't mean we always agree -- more often than not, we don't. But we've always compromised our way through our differences to become a better nation.

Until Trump, our Presidents have always tried to represent ALL of us. That's the way it should be -- and hopefully will again.

Reactions: firm_bizzle

If we had less left wing psychos in the streets and in positions of power in major cities, it wouldn't look so bad.

If we had less left wing psychos in the streets and in positions of power in major cities, it wouldn't look so bad.

Kenosha is 100,000 people, about 70% white, and went for Trump in 2016 and is in Paul Ryan's former district. Yes, they have a Dem mayor who is hardly left wing, It isnt a major city and is hardly a bastion of left wing politics.

Kenosha is 100,000 people, about 70% white, and went for Trump in 2016 and is in Paul Ryan's former district. It isnt a major city and is hardly a bastion of left wing politics.
Are you suggesting that right wing people are burning down buildings in response to a criminal being shot?

It will be interesting to see how many fact-check lies are identified in Trump's speech tonight. I wouldn't want to even attempt to predict a number.

The level of bullshit tonight is truly staggering.

Our law and order President apparently forgot about the Hatch Act.
You're much smarter than me... I had to Google it. The "except" portion stood out to me

other uses, see Hatch Act.
The Hatch Act of 1939, An Act to Prevent Pernicious Political Activities, is a United States federal law. Its main provision prohibits civil service employees in the executive branch of the federal government,[3] except the president and vice president,[4] from engaging in some forms of political activity. It became law on August 2, 1939. The law was named for Senator Carl Hatch of New Mexico.[5] It was most recently amended in 2012.

You're much smarter than me... I had to Google it. The "except" portion stood out to me
You might want to research it a little further if you think you found a 'gotcha.'

The McCain-Feingold Campaign reform bill (Public Law 107-155) strengthens the restrictions on soliciting donations and campaigning on federal property and says "It shall be unlawful for any person to solicit or receive a donation of money or other thing of value in connection with a Federal, State, or local election from a person who is located in a room or building occupied in the discharge of official duties by an officer or employee of the United States. It shall be unlawful for an individual who is an officer or employee of the Federal Government, including the President, Vice President, and Members of Congress, to solicit a donation of money or other thing of value in connection with a Federal, State, or local election, while in any room or building occupied in the discharge of official duties by an officer or employee of the United States, from any person." This is generally interpreted to bar campaigning from federal property.

You might want to research it a little further if you think you found a 'gotcha.'

The McCain-Feingold Campaign reform bill (Public Law 107-155) strengthens the restrictions on soliciting donations and campaigning on federal property and says "It shall be unlawful for any person to solicit or receive a donation of money or other thing of value in connection with a Federal, State, or local election from a person who is located in a room or building occupied in the discharge of official duties by an officer or employee of the United States. It shall be unlawful for an individual who is an officer or employee of the Federal Government, including the President, Vice President, and Members of Congress, to solicit a donation of money or other thing of value in connection with a Federal, State, or local election, while in any room or building occupied in the discharge of official duties by an officer or employee of the United States, from any person." This is generally interpreted to bar campaigning from federal property.
So you're hanging on strong to "generally interpreted"?

What a positive RNC and finale last night in comparison to the bleak DNC that asked everyone to be depressed and hate life.

Wonderful speech from Captain Dornes widow reminding people to never elect people who will coddle violence and street mobs

Only lately has the left changed their tune about violent protests. I think

Huh? This is hilarious. Two of the bigger criticisms for Biden and Harris have been that they have been too tough with regards to this stuff (Biden with the crime bill, Harris as AG of California), but now all of a sudden their history is too soft on it?

But BTW, moving the conversation from Trump to Biden, still doesnt mean that this isnt happening under Trump. Again, this is Trumps America right now, you can dismiss that all you want and for some reason try to blame it on Biden, but it is a 100% true statement this is happening under the supposed law and order presidency of Trump.
This was stuck in my cache but I’m going to post it because why the hell not.

The issue I’m highlighting is that Biden and Harris have been far more guilty of the things that BLM is complaining about than Trump, yet there are people that think those two are going to all of a sudden change their stripes because they’re spouting what the leftists want to hear. Or that their election is going to quell the furor because they are D and thus have spent their lifetime doing pure and positive things that are acceptable to the curators of acceptable culture.

Calling out Trump as responsible for this is a deflection and a political posture. Just like Obama wasn’t the cause of it in Ferguson. Just like Biden won’t be the cause of it.

We are in the middle of a pandemic, right? Sometimes the rules have to be changed temporarily when you're dealing with a deadly virus. That's what I've been hearing anyway.

We are in the middle of a pandemic, right? Sometimes the rules have to be changed temporarily when you're dealing with a deadly virus. That's what I've been hearing anyway.
A mega-spreader event in front of the White House (1500-2000 people, zero social distancing, few masks) in the middle of a pandemic is the 'rule tweak' that needed to be made when you're dealing with a deadly virus?

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
A mega-spreader event in front of the White House (1500-2000 people, zero social distancing, few masks) in the middle of a pandemic is the 'rule tweak' that needed to be made when you're dealing with a deadly virus?
It was more dangerous to do it anywhere else.

Lefties are suddenly again very concerned with people gathering outdoors[roll]

WTF? He could have had it broadcast to the country from an empty room.
I thought we were discussing the Hatch Act. If that empty room was in the white house would it still be a problem, or is the issue that there were people there?

I thought I'd never see a country go in the shitter over the course of a President's tenure like it did under GWB's watch back in 2008.

I was wrong -- and in Trump's case, it only took him 3 1/2 years to do it!
He's using the same tactics that Adolf Hitler used.....Lie, control the news, use racism, blame game, burn books and hide the truth. Glorify violence.

So the secret service would just stay back while Trump goes somewhere else? The way he did this, it didn't cost the taxpayers anything

Of course it did. You dont think they were paying security at the White House?

Amazing, no leading by example from the ORANGE IDIOT and company.

You think it doesn't cost more to have the secret service set up a security perimeter? They already have one at the white house.

There is a reason the Hatch Act is a thing in the first place. If we just arent going to enforce it then might as well get rid of it. Of course, when Democrat is president I am sure it will be an issue again.

There is a reason the Hatch Act is a thing in the first place. If we just arent going to enforce it then might as well get rid of it. Of course, when Democrat is president I am sure it will be an issue again.
I understand the basis behind it and agree with the notion. That being said, some of it is kind of silly. As long as the respective party either directly pays for the expenses or reimburses the Gov't, using federal property doesn't seem like it's a big deal. If we wanted to get nit-picky you could probably say that the press secretary is in violation every single day.

He's using the same tactics that Adolf Hitler used.....Lie, control the news, use racism, blame game, burn books and hide the truth. Glorify violence.
Aren’t the violent left the ones not caring about people burning cities? Indirectly condoning it. The left are very violent and must be stopped at al costs. Otherwise, the country is going to be complete anarchy led by the fuhrer Joe Biden

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT