ADVERTISEMENT

Rizk looked eerily similar to McKenzie

Isn't it odd, that the only QB on the team last year and the one that seems to look the best was the 4th QB to see the field. Imagine redshirting, and watching 3 other QBs who just joined the team get playing time including a 17 year old over you.

Isn't it odd, that the only QB on the team last year and the one that seems to look the best was the 4th QB to see the field. Imagine redshirting, and watching 3 other QBs who just joined the team get playing time including a 17 year old over you.
Hard to believe isn't it. I have to put all this on Gus the Bust! I would be willing to bet if KZ were on this team that Gus the Bust wouldn't play him.

Last edited:
Hard to believe isn't it. I have to put all this on Gus the Bust! I would be willing to bet is KZ were on this team that Gus the Bust wouldn't play him.
I’m betting Gus wouldn’t play Shaq either. He and GOL didn’t recognize talent. Wonder how many guys came through our doors and never got a chance to play and could have been good.

Let's not get crazy. He did fine when the game was already out-of-hand. I will say he just looked more comfortable in the pocket out there than KJ and Jacurri. Kept his eyes up field. Threw some throws with touch. Recognized BYU had messed up defensive coverage on the last TD throw and threw it out there to give the WR a chance on the ball...and they capitalized. I definitely think he should see meaning reps the rest of the season. We have to know what we have for next season. We've seen Jacurri and he can certainly run, but his throwing is a long way from being consistently successful.

I’m betting Gus wouldn’t play Shaq either. He and GOL didn’t recognize talent. Wonder how many guys came through our doors and never got a chance to play and could have been good.
The difference is GOL eventually hired Taaffe and let him take over the offense from 2009-2014, while he focused on defense and special teams. He finally recognized his shortcoming.

Another emphasis on how bad QB selection was by Gus, contributing to all his other poor decisions.

I'm going to reserve judgment.I don't think that BYU game planned at all for Rizk. Not saying that Rizk is bad but it will be much harder when the D game plans for you and Granpa BOOM is calling outdated plays.
I have thought Rizk showed considerable promise from the beginning and I hope he gets a chance to play at least a half. At the same time, I am confident Gus Bust's play calling can make any QB look bad.

I'm going to reserve judgment.I don't think that BYU game planned at all for Rizk. Not saying that Rizk is bad but it will be much harder when the D game plans for you and Granpa BOOM is calling outdated plays.
On another note, I don't think BYU planned for any of our QBs they planned for Harvey and the running game. Hell, everyone knows we can't pass just like everyone knows our O line and our D lack dept and have proven to be weak.

I agree
That said, I think Gus's post game explanations have rubbed of on you. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: lawknight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT