ADVERTISEMENT

Russian invasion into Ukraine is imminent

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004

Weird, because I thought Biden was going to be super dooper tough on Russia. Surprising that they didn't go in when they had a Putin puppet in the White House.

I have 2 conflicting opinions on this, either could be true:

- Russia is just soliciting as much possible attention from the West and NATO to demand and receive concessions on Ukraine and NATO expansion and won't actually launch a formal invasion of Ukraine

- No one from the West will send troops to die to defend the Ukraine, Russia knows this, Russia wants to formally occupy what they consider to be a God given territory of theirs, and will invade soon enough.

We'll see which it is. The Russians already control eastern Ukraine, they've just done it under the hilarious guise of "local militias" that just happen to have random, heavy armor. Invading with their army would simply make the informal occupation formal.

Reactions: UCFBS

Weird, because I thought Biden was going to be super dooper tough on Russia. Surprising that they didn't go in when they had a Putin puppet in the White House.
Russia won't do shit...United States just has to send battle ships and launch Missiles from Coast...Russia would be stupid to invade.. They would lose parts of the Country. Europe and United States is just waiting for Russia to attack so they can divide Territory As soon as Putin dies Russia has no power.

Russia won't do shit...United States just has to send battle ships and launch Missiles from Coast...Russia would be stupid to invade.. They would lose parts of the Country. Europe and United States is just waiting for Russia to attack so they can divide Territory As soon as Putin dies Russia has no power.
We wouldn't have to send troops just Drones and Missiles..Then say Ukraine bought them. Like we have 50 billion military contracts with Israel. And we are not involved. RUSSIA invades then they fall in our hands..If I was Biden I would say bring it.

Does anyone really think that Biden has the strength to order any kind of response to Russian aggression with everyone he has around him arguing against it?

Does anyone really think that Biden has the strength to order any kind of response to Russian aggression with everyone he has around him arguing against it?
What is the argument for a response to this “Russian aggression”
And by Russian aggression - I mean Russia moving troops within their borders while the US has over 150 military bases in other countries world wide.
Imagine if China was sending half a billion dollars in weapons to Mexico to strengthen and embolden a hyper-aggressive anti-US regime. Would the US not be “massing troops near the Mexican border”?
Im fairly confident a similar event happened at a near by island called Cuba. Who was the aggressor then?

And by Russian aggression - I mean Russia moving troops within their borders while the US has over 150 military bases in other countries world wide.
Imagine if China was sending half a billion dollars in weapons to Mexico to strengthen and embolden a hyper-aggressive anti-US regime. Would the US not be “massing troops near the Mexican border”?
Im fairly confident a similar event happened at a near by island called Cuba. Who was the aggressor then?
I thought we were clearly talking about Russia attempting to annex parts or all of Ukraine by force.

with the buildup of troops there was no way Putin would completely retreat at this point ..the question is the scale and how big he goes . He doesn’t care and wants the Nationalism blood to flow to distract from domestic issues. As long as he is alive he will repeat this cycle, Russia is a Nation of constant grievance that blames the West for them being miserable

The US better be careful or we're gonna get a bloody lip and black eye on this. We're trying to be tough with the Russians while sucking up to the CCP. On Taiwan. On covid. On trade. That's not a good foreign policy to me. Besides, it's too late. Putin now has the CCP locked up and aligned against the US

This is one area where Trump really shined. He made peace with the libs favorite punching bag - the Russians and had everyone against CCP, but the libs blew that one.

The reality is that Russia could deploy their conventional forces pretty deep into Ukraine before even reaching real resistance. The entire eastern part of the country is already de-facto ruled by Russia since their paramilitary forces are there under the guise of "local militias".

Whether or not they want to reclaim Kiev is different.

with the buildup of troops there was no way Putin would completely retreat at this point ..the question is the scale and how big he goes . He doesn’t care and wants the Nationalism blood to flow to distract from domestic issues. As long as he is alive he will repeat this cycle, Russia is a Nation of constant grievance that blames the West for them being miserable

Either that, or he is standing up against the prospect of an increasingly powerful NATO, which isn't necessarily a good thing for the world. Too many military alliances already exist.

This is one area where Trump really shined. He made peace with the libs favorite punching bag - the Russians and had everyone against CCP, but the libs blew that one.
100%

NPR even predicted this ...

'The Kremlin, of course, knows Biden very well.
"I think the very fact that Biden was Obama's vice president already makes him not a friendly figure in Russia," says Moscow-based political analyst Masha Lipman. "Obama looked down on Russia. In some of his statements, he certainly sounded not respectful. This caused this sense of offense on Russia's part."
Even as the Obama administration pursued a "reset" in relations with the Kremlin, Biden made disparaging remarks about Russia's role as a global power, saying in 2009 that it had "a withering economy" and was "clinging to something in the past that was not sustainable."
On a visit to Moscow in 2011, Biden said it would be bad for Russia if Putin ran for a third term — the Russian president is now in his fourth term and looking ahead to two more.
Biden later said that on the same visit he told Putin: "I'm looking into your eyes, and I don't think you have a soul" — to which Putin, in Biden's rendering, smiled and replied: "We understand one another."
Three years later, when Russian troops seized Ukrainian territory, Biden became Obama's point man on Ukraine.
"We will work with any future president of the United States, with the person who will have the trust of the American people," he said.
"We know that President Trump has repeatedly spoken in favor of developing Russian-American relations. We certainly appreciate that very much," he said. He blamed a "bipartisan consensus on the necessity of containing Russia" for limiting Trump's room for maneuver.'

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
So on Joe's old dementia rambling yesterday he said he is going to send or sent $600 million in aid or something. I thought wow , so little . That's like giving them a dozen F-16s or 8 aircraft and a few him vees and some guns and ammo . That should put fear in Putin . I also think he said his son Hunter is on another board over there as he is a Ukrainian master mind.

Russia has Europe by the short curlies with their natural gas and other petrol pipelines feeding Europe. No way German Hillary or who ever the Chancellor is now will stand up to any Russian incursion into Ukraine. Putin I think feared/respected Trump enough not do anything. Biden on the other hand , the guy can barely tie his own shoes. when do we examine our foreign policy and say not my circus ,not my monkeys?

Biden said our allies all celebrated because America is back. Now they know we are unreliable.

Biden has been an unmitigated disaster when it comes to foreign relations.

And yet, like many talking heads, he's not wrong sometimes.
I noticed about a year ago that he is consistently a few days ahead of the rest of the media when it comes to what's going on in the white house. The guy obviously still has connections.

I noticed about a year ago that he is consistently a few days ahead of the rest of the media when it comes to what's going on in the white house. The guy obviously still has connections.
Indeed. It's amazing how hyperpartisan we are these days without acknowledging different talking heads, even the ones we don't like, when they are correct.

• Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Indeed. It's amazing how hyperpartisan we are these days without acknowledging different talking heads, even the ones we don't like, when they are correct.
In many cases, it's far easier to attack the messenger than the message.

Let it be another Afghanistan for Russia. Biden can’t do anything, so just let them kill each other. It’s not our problem except gas prices which already suck

I wonder why we aren't a part of this.
Because it’s a thinly veiled sham to make it look like diplomacy but those two countries are beholden to Russia now.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT