ADVERTISEMENT

"Send Her Back!"

If I have no idea what I'm spouting off about, why were the Russian cyber-attacks of our Presidential election successful??!?!?!?! Whether one is a Red Hat or not, you'd have to be living under a rock to think the Russians didn't cyber-attack us. If that's not a threat, I don't know what is one then.
It is a threat and it also has very little to do with the military. While true that there is a CYBERCOM, that is dedicated to protecting DOD networks and conducting offensive operations. They get millions of cyber attacks weekly.

Protecting our elections from social media bots and misinformation campaigns and Russian intel taking advantage of unscrupulous politicians and bureaucrats is a civilian matter. It’s why you have an NSA and a FBI. Now let me ask you, can you name one election race that was altered by Russian activity?

It is a threat and it also has very little to do with the military. While true that there is a CYBERCOM, that is dedicated to protecting DOD networks and conducting offensive operations. They get millions of cyber attacks weekly.

Protecting our elections from social media bots and misinformation campaigns and Russian intel taking advantage of unscrupulous politicians and bureaucrats is a civilian matter. It’s why you have an NSA and a FBI. Now let me ask you, can you name one election race that was altered by Russian activity?
I was going to say the same thing. When the military takes over the job of cyber security for political parties we are going to have a major problem.

Last edited:
You know a lot of parents use the line when their kids hit their 20s, "if you don't like it leave".

But ignore the fact that she laughed about terrorist groups and used anti-Semitic language. Typical
He probably still lives with his parents

Jimmy Kimmel seems to think the Dems hit it out of the park yesterday.
I like Jimmy but he and his buddies are dead wrong on this one. The evidence regarding obstruction of justice is still there and Mueller reconfirmed it. But there was absolutely nothing about Mueller's performance yesterday that's going to change the equation regarding impeachment.

Mueller was clearly: 1) ill-prepared; 2) boring; and 3) refused to even read his own report in order to give the Dem's a sound-bite.

I like Jimmy but he and his buddies are dead wrong on this one. The evidence regarding obstruction of justice is still there and Mueller reconfirmed it. But there was absolutely nothing about Mueller's performance yesterday that's going to change the equation regarding impeachment.

Mueller was clearly: 1) ill-prepared; 2) boring; and 3) refused to even read his own report in order to give the Dem's a sound-bite.
Yep. He's sick of it because he knows there's nothing there worth spending time on anymore. If I was asked to investigate a crime, spent 2 years doing so, and found pretty much nothing I'd be ready to walk away from it as well.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Yep. He's sick of it because he knows there's nothing there worth spending time on anymore. If I was asked to investigate a crime, spent 2 years doing so, and found pretty much nothing I'd be ready to walk away from it as well.

Exactly....spend 2 years on no crime. He needs to send Trump a fruit basket at least.

If I was asked to investigate a crime, spent 2 years doing so, and found pretty much nothing ...
Pretty much nothing?

Yes, Trump is going to survive this scandal but to pretend there was "nothing there" is disingenuous at best.

As I said in another thread, in the seven months leading up to the Presidential elections, the Mueller Report documents 272 contacts between the Trump team and Russia-linked operatives, including 38 meetings.

Geez, I wonder what all those meetings between Russia and the Trump campaign were about? It makes you wonder since most of them the Trump campaign initially lied about before irrefutable evidence was presented to them.

But nevermind, it was all 'nothing', right guys? :)

The report found lots of things. It might not have found what a lot of people were expecting, but this narrative that it found nothing is simply not true.

The report found lots of things. It might not have found what a lot of people were expecting, but this narrative that it found nothing is simply not true.
It found that Trump was being Trump. He foolishly tried to tell his people to shut up or not talk in so many words. In the end, you can’t do that. It’s called attempting to obstruct.

It found that people in his organization had contact with Russians. Whooptie frigging Doo. His opponent probably did as well, along with people from Egypt, Yemen, the UK, Germany, and China. Would we expect one of the 2 potential next presidents to not have contact with foreign nations?

It found that people in his organization had contact with Russians. Whooptie frigging Doo. His opponent probably did as well, along with people from Egypt, Yemen, the UK, Germany, and China. Would we expect one of the 2 potential next presidents to not have contact with foreign nations?

There were 34 indictments from the special counsel. Trump's former campaign manager is in prison right now. You guys seem to think the entire investigation was in regards to Trump, which is not the case. The investigation was into Russian interference in our election, which Mueller quite clearly said happened. The special counsel produced 34 indictments and quite a few guilty pleas. Call it what you will, but it is something.

There were 34 indictments from the special counsel. Trump's former campaign manager is in prison right now. … The investigation was into Russian interference in our election, which Mueller quite clearly said happened. The special counsel produced 34 indictments and quite a few guilty pleas. Call it what you will, but it is something.
I find it a bit curious that Mueller finished his report before the Roger Stone trial was held.

Stone was allegedly the go-between between the Trump Campaign and Wikileaks/Russia. Trump publicly asks for Hillary emails, Russia gets to work and produces hacked DNC emails. Then Trump friend, Roger Stone, works with Wikileaks to orchestrate their release. All in all, that was about as public an example of outright collusion as one can get.

Mueller couldn't count to 50 right now. The never Trumpers ran the hoax in Mueller's name. They owe the taxpayers $30 million.

They also created massive TDS on this very board.

There were 34 indictments from the special counsel. Trump's former campaign manager is in prison right now. You guys seem to think the entire investigation was in regards to Trump, which is not the case. The investigation was into Russian interference in our election, which Mueller quite clearly said happened. The special counsel produced 34 indictments and quite a few guilty pleas. Call it what you will, but it is something.
The 13 indictments against the Russian troll farms were a political stunt. They knew they’d never have to bring evidence in a court of law against those people. Except one group of them came forth and said they wanted to clear their name. Mueller’s staff asked for an indefinite continuation because they couldn’t form their case. It was all political theater and they got caught. The other indictments had nothing whatsoever to do with possible Russian tampering. Hell, even when Rosenstein announced the indictments, he said that no votes were changed and no election was affected.

Even after that, the troll farms spent $50k pre-election equally distributed between Trump and Hillary. Do you know why? It wasn’t because they cared who won. The point was to get Americans fighting amongst themselves. Worked pretty damn well. You’re still falling into their trap every single day that you perpetuate this lunacy.

Still waiting for anyone who thought Trump should be impeached for this to come forward and say "we are just glad we caught the bad guys".

The 13 indictments against the Russian troll farms were a political stunt. They knew they’d never have to bring evidence in a court of law against those people. Except one group of them came forth and said they wanted to clear their name. Mueller’s staff asked for an indefinite continuation because they couldn’t form their case. It was all political theater and they got caught. The other indictments had nothing whatsoever to do with possible Russian tampering. Hell, even when Rosenstein announced the indictments, he said that no votes were changed and no election was affected.

Even after that, the troll farms spent $50k pre-election equally distributed between Trump and Hillary. Do you know why? It wasn’t because they cared who won. The point was to get Americans fighting amongst themselves. Worked pretty damn well. You’re still falling into their trap every single day that you perpetuate this lunacy.
tds is a bitch and the media love to hype these people up.

How is stating facts perpetuating lunacy? You are the one using your own biases and opinions about it being political stunts and theater, I was the one who just stated actual facts. But I am perpetuating lunacy? Your partisan hackery is showing.

it might have been factual, but it also lacked context. @sk8knight provided context. im sorry your hatred for a president overrides your critical thinking abilities.

Read the post I originally responded to. I simply stated the the investigation didnt "pretty much find nothing", which is again, a fact. If you think that is hyping anything up then you have a much different definition of what "hyping up" entails than I do. And get out of here with the simplistic "you hate the president" bullshit. You cant question someones critical thinking skills and then respond with some simplistic partisan bullshit like that.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Read the post I originally responded to. I simply stated the the investigation didnt "pretty much find nothing", which is again, a fact. If you think that is hyping anything up then you have a much different definition of what "hyping up" entails than I do. And get out of here with the simplistic "you hate the president" bullshit. You cant question someones critical thinking skills and then respond with some simplistic partisan bullshit like that.
The investigation was sold on investigating Russian tampering in the 2016 Presidential election. The majority of the indictments were not related at all to tampering. The ones that were require no evidence to be presented and, in fact, no evidence has been presented that the indicted parties were agents of the Russian government or that they actually tampered with the Presidential election. Because they are foreign nationals, there is no reason for any of the 13 Russians to come face their day in court. If there is no trial for these people, no evidence the US Government has or doesn't have needs ever be presented. When one group came forward and demanded to see the evidence against them that led to the indictment, the USG did not present the evidence. These are all facts that provide context to my opinion that the indictments were all a political farce.

DaShuckster bringing them up as positive evidence that Donald Trump colluded with Russians to affect the outcome of the 2016 Presidential election is lunacy. There is not a scintilla of evidence that these troll farms were working at the behest of anyone on behalf of the Trump candidacy, nor is there any evidence that their actions benefited anyone, in fact, Deputy AG Rosenstein stated they did not affect anything. Aside from them, we have no actual evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russians to steal the election. Repeated claims of such with no evidence are lunacy.

In addition, the investigation into Russian tampering was laser-focused on the Trump campaign to the exclusion of all other evidence. There was no investigation into the opposition research that actually did collaborate with Russian agents to develop stories about a Presidential candidate; unverified and most likely false stories that were used both in the public media and in our own legal system as the basis for FISA warrants against a Presidential campaign. The Administration has been slandered for years by this investigation's existence and the media's constant narrative. Russia was absolutely involved in that side of the story, yet no investigation whatsoever into their role in those actions. It's like going to fight a fire and passing by the building with smoke pouring out of it to go to a building that is not burning on the next block. That is lunacy as well.

So you pivot to the obstruction angle. Still ignoring the huge elephant in the room, maybe that sticks. Except that people can talk about a crime all they want but if the crime never actually occurs, then there is no crime. Trump can say "I want to stop this investigation today" or "I want that guy fired" but unless that guy is fired, there is no obstruction. Trump was protected by the people around him that didn't allow him to follow up on illegal activities. This is common; it's why businesses have lawyers and contracts people. Every day in damn near every company, someone has an idea and the lawyer tells them you can't do that because it's illegal. You don't arrest that person. Now, if you enter into a contract with a hitman to kill your wife, there's a crime for that (solicitation of murder) and you will be arrested. But that is not the same as telling your lawyer that you want someone fired and the lawyer reminding you that the action would be obstruction. If you then forced your organization to fire that person without any other reason, then you would be guilty. But not for the conversation. So go find the talk actually motivated into provable action and then indict him. Otherwise, let the damn thing go and let's get on with the business of America.

The investigation was sold on investigating Russian tampering in the 2016 Presidential election. The majority of the indictments were not related at all to tampering. The ones that were require no evidence to be presented and, in fact, no evidence has been presented that the indicted parties were agents of the Russian government or that they actually tampered with the Presidential election. Because they are foreign nationals, there is no reason for any of the 13 Russians to come face their day in court. If there is no trial for these people, no evidence the US Government has or doesn't have needs ever be presented. When one group came forward and demanded to see the evidence against them that led to the indictment, the USG did not present the evidence. These are all facts that provide context to my opinion that the indictments were all a political farce.

DaShuckster bringing them up as positive evidence that Donald Trump colluded with Russians to affect the outcome of the 2016 Presidential election is lunacy. There is not a scintilla of evidence that these troll farms were working at the behest of anyone on behalf of the Trump candidacy, nor is there any evidence that their actions benefited anyone, in fact, Deputy AG Rosenstein stated they did not affect anything. Aside from them, we have no actual evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russians to steal the election. Repeated claims of such with no evidence are lunacy.

In addition, the investigation into Russian tampering was laser-focused on the Trump campaign to the exclusion of all other evidence. There was no investigation into the opposition research that actually did collaborate with Russian agents to develop stories about a Presidential candidate; unverified and most likely false stories that were used both in the public media and in our own legal system as the basis for FISA warrants against a Presidential campaign. The Administration has been slandered for years by this investigation's existence and the media's constant narrative. Russia was absolutely involved in that side of the story, yet no investigation whatsoever into their role in those actions. It's like going to fight a fire and passing by the building with smoke pouring out of it to go to a building that is not burning on the next block. That is lunacy as well.

So you pivot to the obstruction angle. Still ignoring the huge elephant in the room, maybe that sticks. Except that people can talk about a crime all they want but if the crime never actually occurs, then there is no crime. Trump can say "I want to stop this investigation today" or "I want that guy fired" but unless that guy is fired, there is no obstruction. Trump was protected by the people around him that didn't allow him to follow up on illegal activities. This is common; it's why businesses have lawyers and contracts people. Every day in damn near every company, someone has an idea and the lawyer tells them you can't do that because it's illegal. You don't arrest that person. Now, if you enter into a contract with a hitman to kill your wife, there's a crime for that (solicitation of murder) and you will be arrested. But that is not the same as telling your lawyer that you want someone fired and the lawyer reminding you that the action would be obstruction. If you then forced your organization to fire that person without any other reason, then you would be guilty. But not for the conversation. So go find the talk actually motivated into provable action and then indict him. Otherwise, let the damn thing go and let's get on with the business of America.

Mueller to this day says Russia tried to tamper in our election, which you are right, is what the investigation was based on, so I am not sure what you are arguing with me about with regards to that.

I didnt pivot to anything. I made a pretty general statement that the investigation didnt "come up with nothing", and you are now trying to apply all of these positions to me that I didnt make.

Mueller to this day says Russia tried to tamper in our election, which you are right, is what the investigation was based on, so I am not sure what you are arguing with me about with regards to that.

I didnt pivot to anything. I made a pretty general statement that the investigation didnt "come up with nothing", and you are now trying to apply all of these positions to me that I didnt make.

Easy question here to answer. Why, if the intent of the investigation was to determine whether Russia tried to intervene in our election, was the Clinton campaign not investigated?

Easy question here to answer. Why, if the intent of the investigation was to determine whether Russia tried to intervene in our election, was the Clinton campaign not investigated?

I would assume because they found no evidence leading to the Clinton campaign.

I would assume because they found no evidence leading to the Clinton campaign.
Without investigating, they found no evidence. So they just innocently, or almost miraculously, figured out that the Trump campaign was colluding with russia.

Without investigating, they found no evidence. So they just innocently, or almost miraculously, figured out that the Trump campaign was colluding with russia.

First off the Clinton campaign was under investigation for the email thing, and I would assume while doing that investigation they didnt find anything that would lead them to believe they might be colluding with Russia. Trump had people like Manafort, Flynn, etc who were actually already under investigation. So they investigated the people they were suspicious of, who happened to be a part of Trump's team. That suspicion didnt exist with CLinton's people. I dont know what else to tell ya.

the investigation into Russian tampering was laser-focused on the Trump campaign to the exclusion of all other evidence.
In the seven months leading up to the Presidential elections, the Mueller Report documents 272 contacts between the Trump team and Russia-linked operatives, including 38 meetings --- and lied about having them and/or what they were about.

But investigators were "laser-focused" on the Trump Campaign for no good reason. Those damn witch-hunters, right guys??!? :rolleyes:

In the seven months leading up to the Presidential elections, the Mueller Report documents 272 contacts between the Trump team and Russia-linked operatives, including 38 meetings --- and lied about having them and/or what they were about.

But investigators were "laser-focused" on the Trump Campaign for no good reason. Those damn witch-hunters, right guys??!? :rolleyes:
Amazon product ASIN 0553447084
They were just following Hillary’s contingency plan in case she lost.

The Clinton campaign procured and pushed a Kremlin created disinformation dossier that was literal Russian propaganda. This was pushed by the DNC into the hands of the Obama FBI who then used it as reason to obtained FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign.

Yea, no reason to look at that. All good!

The Clinton campaign procured and pushed a Kremlin created disinformation dossier that was literal Russian propaganda. This was pushed by the DNC into the hands of the Obama FBI who then used it as reason to obtained FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign.

Yea, no reason to look at that. All good!
[cheers]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT