ADVERTISEMENT

SICK amounts of money!!! SEC revenue distribution rises to $43.1 million per school

. Hoping we can level the financial playing field so everyone has a fair shot and equal opportunity at competing at the highest level.

I think the only way the field will be leveled financially, absent NCAA restrictions and more regulation, will be for the “smaller” conferences to increase their fan base. The money is mostly advertisement driven.

SEC revenue distribution rises to $43.1 million per school

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...ngs-blog/os-sp-gators-sec-20190201-story.html

Imagine what UCF could do with this!

Thoughts? :)
I think they have resources unto which we can't keep up with....with our current budget and media contracts. The resources gap is getting ridiculous, on top of the bias that is already working against G5 schools.

Again, I've gotta ask what the h-ll schools like Vanderbilt, Indiana, Boston College, Iowa State, Kansas, etc... are doing with this money. They basically suck so what are they doing with the money?

I think they have resources unto which we can't keep up with....with our current budget and media contracts. The resources gap is getting ridiculous, on top of the bias that is already working against G5 schools.

Again, I've gotta ask what the h-ll schools like Vanderbilt, Indiana, Boston College, Iowa State, Kansas, etc... are doing with this money. They basically suck so what are they doing with the money?
Vandy puts a good bit of the money into crazy things like academics. They certainly don’t spend much on athletics.

Indiana and Kansas poor money into basketball. BC is a hockey school. They’ve had a good amount of great football players though.

Every conference is going to have poor performers that the strong teama dominate every year.

Avoiding this fate zhould be of primary importance to UCF should we ever get an invite to a stronger conference.

Every conference is going to have poor performers that the strong teama dominate every year.

Avoiding this fate zhould be of primary importance to UCF should we ever get an invite to a stronger conference.
And this is another reason why cross conference matchups among the FBS conferences matter so much. Its the best way to determine how good conferences and their member teams really are.

Vandy puts a good bit of the money into crazy things like academics. They certainly don’t spend much on athletics.
You're telling me that Vandy takes, for example, like 20 million from it's athletics revenue and just gives it to the school for academics instead of putting it into its athletic programs?

I'd love to see some kind of plan or something from any of these schools that basically suck, and how this money gets spent/allocated.

Do not know why you choose to label KSU a failure.

The football program has had much more success than yours at UCF, and the basketball program has as well.

You guys are just ignorant crybabies.

The football program has had much more success than yours at UCF, and the basketball program has as well.

All time record .452
Bowl record .429
2 conference titles in the last 85 years
1 national title

That doesn’t sound better than what UCF has done

I don’t see Kansas State Mentioned at all. Kent St either.

I said Kansas but I'd pretty much label KState a poor football program as well. Your purpose has pretty much been to lose to superior programs. I'm talking about results on the field, not how this progam builds people. It's not a jab at KState the University:
1. Been around since like 1912, so let's just call it 108 years.
2. In 108 years they have 5.5 conference titles. 1.5 since 1934. That's 1.5 conference titles in 84 years, including a 69 year gap of, well, nothing.
3. Everyone likes to point out we have two 0fer seasons....bagels. Well, KState has:
3a. Five seasons of not winning a single game.
3b. One season of going 0-9-1, and another 0-10-1.
3c. Thirteen seasons of winning only 1 game.
3d. Nine seasons of winning only 2 games.
3e. Eighteen seasons of winning only 3 games.
4. 0-1 in BCS/NY6 Bowl games.

UCF has been a Division 1 since 1996, so that is 22 years.
1. In 22 years they have 5.3 conference titles.
2. Like it or not, 1 Natty.
3. Two bagels seasons, and one 3 win season.
4. 2-1 in BCS/NY6 Bowl games.

How is KState better, even with all the resource advantages? They are not.

My actual point is that most teams in these P5 conferences have this kind of track record and history. There are like 15-20 programs that are good to very good and the rest of these guys just ride their coattails and collect checks because they happen to exist 100 years ago.

Reactions: MercedesKnight
I know everyone likes to moan about the income levels of the top conferences. But even within the "Power" 5 there is a huge income discrepancy. Look at what an ACC or PAC 12 team takes in compared to the SEC or B10.

Because of the size of the school, look at how much more UCF's student athletic fee generates for us compared to Tulsa, UCONN, etc. If UCF does get invited to a "Power" conference, it will be politically impossible to keep that fee at the same level it is now, so UCF isn't necessarily going to get a $25 million - $40 million raise.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I said Kansas but I'd pretty much label KState a poor football program as well. Your purpose has pretty much been to lose to superior programs. I'm talking about results on the field, not how this progam builds people. It's not a jab at KState the University:
1. Been around since like 1912, so let's just call it 108 years.
2. In 108 years they have 5.5 conference titles. 1.5 since 1934. That's 1.5 conference titles in 84 years, including a 69 year gap of, well, nothing.
3. Everyone likes to point out we have two 0fer seasons....bagels. Well, KState has:
3a. Five seasons of not winning a single game.
3b. One season of going 0-9-1, and another 0-10-1.
3c. Thirteen seasons of winning only 1 game.
3d. Nine seasons of winning only 2 games.
3e. Eighteen seasons of winning only 3 games.
4. 0-1 in BCS/NY6 Bowl games.

UCF has been a Division 1 since 1996, so that is 22 years.
1. In 22 years they have 5.3 conference titles.
2. Like it or not, 1 Natty.
3. Two bagels seasons, and one 3 win season.
4. 2-1 in BCS/NY6 Bowl games.

How is KState better, even with all the resource advantages? They are not.
Quality post, but consider who you’re responding to.

Good point. But...being located in Orlando with our coaching and recruiting, I think we would rise to national prominence if we get into a P-5.

Good point. But...being located in Orlando with our coaching and recruiting, I think we would rise to national prominence if we get into a P-5.
Yes but there still would be an adjustment. It would depend on what league/division UCF was put in. You can have every resource available but if you get the Coaching staff wrong you'll struggle regardless

Their cost of tuition is also INSANE!
"Vandy" and "Vanderbilt" are trigger words in my family. When we play NCAA Football Vandy is always put into conference USA. If we had 1/2 the cash we'd be more competitive than Vandy (Punching Bag of the SEC). The other side of the argument is SEC needs easy wins. 2 FCS schools plus Vandy is 3 wins... Halfway to bowl eligibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
"Vandy" and "Vanderbilt" are trigger words in my family. When we play NCAA Football Vandy is always put into conference USA. If we had 1/2 the cash we'd be more competitive than Vandy (Punching Bag of the SEC). The other side of the argument is SEC needs easy wins. 2 FCS schools plus Vandy is 3 wins... Halfway to bowl eligibility.
The main reason is the admittance standards. They don’t bend much for athletes.

The main reason is the admittance standards. They don’t bend much for athletes.
I’m sure that’s a strong factor but other schools with similar standards could muster a winning team on occasion, I’d think.

Not sure how comparable they are but first thing I can think of is what about a school like Stanford? They have up and down years, not like Vandy with down and down-er years.

Reactions: FoxKnight
I’m sure that’s a strong factor but other schools with similar standards could muster a winning team on occasion, I’d think.

Not sure how comparable they are but first thing I can think of is what about a school like Stanford? They have up and down years, not like Vandy with down and down-er years.
Stanford is in Cali. Probably a little to do with it. Duke does bend for basketball players. Not much for football.

There are many teams with lower admission standards that are still routinely mediocre:

Data is 4 years old:
South Carolina — 550-520-41
Kentucky — 462-530-36
Mississippi State — 540-528-37

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT