ADVERTISEMENT

So, still in the title game with a W against USF right?

I think ECU has to beat Houston and we have to beat USF which suddenly doesn’t feel automatic anymore . Their new QB is accurate and was hitting those short routes that the ECU QB did against us

For all intents and purposes we are in with a win. The only far fetched scenario is if Houston wins out and the committee wants to rank a 4 loss houston that didn’t beat Tulane or Cincy over UCF. Unlikely but theoretically possible.

Last edited:
Marc D. said if we lose,...., a lot of weird scenarios have to happen for us to get in the game. I'm betting there's 2 games left for UCF in the AAC- usf and the tiny bowl game v. MAC or whoever.

EDIT---- I think it's actually better than I thought.

Last edited:
As for the NY game, no chance in Hades probably. Sitting close behind us, as we fall HARD out of the rankings, is 8-2, yah played nobody but just 2 losses, Troy. When they probably lose to Coastal in Sun Belt Champ., then Coastal gets the highest ranking, 1 loss, and the NY Bowl.

As for the NY game, no chance in Hades probably. Sitting close behind us, as we fall HARD out of the rankings, is 8-2, yah played nobody but just 2 losses, Troy. When they probably lose to Coastal in Sun Belt Champ., then Coastal gets the highest ranking, 1 loss, and the NY Bowl.
We have to worry about CCG. If Houston wins it causes a 3 way tie with 2 losses. Loser of Cincy Tulane will get in because of ranking.

I don't want to believe this. I want to believe it's just Navy and they're hard to prepare for. What I can't understand is how their defense held us to 14 points.
Why are they hard to prepare for? What they do they have been doing for years. Everyone knows exactly how they play on offense and defense so why are hard to prepare for?

This was an epic failure, at least as far as our history goes. We were totally set up to host the CCG and possibly go to the Cotton Bowl. Offense , defense, and coaching failed, but coaching is responsible. Gus couldn’t get the team up for a chance to cement a place in the CCG? Gus and TWill must not have watched any film from ND because their initial game plans didn’t work but they seemed incapable of making adjustments. No player seemed to want to take over the game either; no leadership.

This was an epic failure, at least as far as our history goes. We were totally set up to host the CCG and possibly go to the Cotton Bowl. Offense , defense, and coaching failed, but coaching is responsible. Gus couldn’t get the team up for a chance to cement a place in the CCG? Gus and TWill must not have watched any film from ND because their initial game plans didn’t work but they seemed incapable of making adjustments. No player seemed to want to take over the game either; no leadership.
Agreed. It was failure all the way around.

Reactions: Yaes
According to This article we’re basically screwed unless Tulsa (who is terrible) upsets Houston, unless we’re fortunate with rankings and such
Based on some plugging into colley matrix, we would likely rank higher than Cincy if they were to be the third team tied and lower than Tulane if they were the third team tied. But it could be close and require some of our non common opponents to pick up wins to bolster our computer ranking. I think we rank higher than houston in any scenario. It would not come down to CFP rankings but rather computer rankings when the highest ranked team in the CFP that is tied loses in the final week.

I wouldn't say the defense played poorly. We got stops that didn't turn into any points. This is pure bull crap on starting a QB who can't throw against a team that can't defend the pass. Squarely on offensive coaching.
What makes you confident Keene would have fared better? He had the whole 2H and the team still struggled.

Reactions: U C to the F
Keene wasn’t throwing accurately aside from his first drive. We had a better shot with JRP. We know he’s not accurate, but he can move the ball with his feet. Should have went back to JRP when we saw Mikey wasn’t on point with his accuracy.

We dont deserve to play for any kind of title. This is simply not a championship team
Yes and no. The fact is there are several two loss teams in the conference. The winner of Tulane and Cindy will go on ,the loser goes home .if you think about it are the other two loss teams more or less deserving than UCF ? Somebody has to play the winner of Tulane Cindy and I am thinking it might as well be UCF.

Keene wasn’t throwing accurately aside from his first drive. We had a better shot with JRP. We know he’s not accurate, but he can move the ball with his feet. Should have went back to JRP when we saw Mikey wasn’t on point with his accuracy.
In all fairness, he didn't really have time to throw since the line couldn't protect him.

JRP was hurt. Thats why he was replaced.

Reactions: hendu1976fl
To start, we’ve never played for a conference title with more than one loss, so we f-ed up (obviously). Whatever happens, happens. Best case scenario is the Tulane vs Cincy game is a blowout for one of the teams, and we blow out the cows. That’s the best scenario at this point, and still no guarantee of anything.

We should be ahead of Houston for any poll comparisons, even after the loss.

For example, in sagarin we were #27 and Houston was #71. Before this weeks games. Cincy was #39. Tulane #47.

In the Colley Matrix we were #20, Tulane #27, Cincy #29, Houston #52. Before this weeks games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT