ADVERTISEMENT

Some Liberals Now Boycotting Publix

Publix is an old school conservative company. That's not a secret, so I don't get the uproar.

They did have a PR issue with the gays recently. They prohibited a pill that when taken every day, makes you 99.9% protected against HIV from being on their health plan. The gays caused a stink and they reversed it a few days later.

Publix is an old school conservative company. That's not a secret, so I don't get the uproar.

They did have a PR issue with the gays recently. They prohibited a pill that when taken every day, makes you 99.9% protected against HIV from being on their health plan. The gays caused a stink and they reversed it a few days later.
Wow, just wow. "The gays" really? Its the current year.

Reactions: UCFWayne
That last line completely gives away their bias.

"After the Parkland shootings, companies including MetLife and Hertz cut ties with the gun rights group."

What does that have to with Publix have to do with the NRA or school shootings?

Huh? The whole stink is that Publix is giving to someone who claims to be a "Proud NRA Sellout" and Publix is located in a region where multiple major shootings have happened.

That's the whole point of the thread....

Huh? The whole stink is that Publix is giving to someone who claims to be a "Proud NRA Sellout" and Publix is located in a region where multiple major shootings have happened.

can you point definitively to where the nra was involved in either of the major shootings? im pretty sure in both cases it was the fbi that dropped the ball.

What does Publix have to do with the NRA? They clearly stated they don't financially support the NRA.

What does Publix have to do with the NRA? They clearly stated they don't financially support the NRA.

I don’t personally care. I’m just saying that’s what the people who are boycotting are upset about. CBS wasn’t showing bias, they’re reporting on what’s happening, whether you like it or not.

I don’t personally care. I’m just saying that’s what the people who are boycotting are upset about. CBS wasn’t showing bias, they’re reporting on what’s happening, whether you like it or not.

It absolutely was bias. What is the point in bringing up other companies cutting ties with the NRA?

It absolutely was bias. What is the point in bringing up other companies cutting ties with the NRA?
"Your associates of associates of associates of associates of my enemies are why you're my enemy, and I decided who your associates are, not you." -- Progressives

And thus, this is why Trump won and Hillary lost, and it's only going to get worse for the Progressives. Because if Progressives are going to play this game ... everyone has starred in a movie with Kevin Bacon. No, seriously, that's basically it.

The worst conservatives use 1-2 degrees, Progressives are not only going 2+, but associating whomever they want, even if you aren't associated with them at all, or the association is one-way.

Yeah, sorry. I have ninja on ignore so I don't have to read hate induced repetitive, name calling spam.

I do read the cooler so maybe you're right. But as an example, the Chic-fil-a thing was way larger than the Dick's or Delta. The NFL think with Colin was very huge but that encompassed more than boycotting because of Colin's kneeling. It was people crapping on the NFL for making it political at all which I'm going to assume that includes both liberals and conservatives being tired of it.
Ninja on ignore is good. No need to read the BLM sympathizing libtard sjw grandstanding.

Target's funny with their positions too. They make a big deal about taking the pink and blue backdrops out of the toy department but leave the boys/girl's divisions up for all clothing and even baby/infant stuff. And the toys themselves are packaged in pink and not pink and gender suggestive, so did they really do anything?
I stopped shopping there years ago when they announced that anyone supporting traditional marriage was a bigot. Then a couple years later they said they didn't want anyone with a conceal carry permit in their stores. Last year they went all out pandering to the rapists and pedophiles. You would think Target would have learned from JC Penny's mistake. JC Penny alienated their large conservative consumer base by promoting Ellen "Degenerate". In Target's case they let grown men rape little girls in their changing rooms. The gay/lesbian/transexuals make up less than 4%. Their true staunch supporters probably make up less than 10%. Most people pretend to tolerate them so they don't lose their job or social standing in the community. Target really isn't thinking through the numbers.

Hahaha, idiots at Publix. They should have gotten the cake from Subway. The kid being "absolutely humiliated" though... Really?
Progressive sjw libtards seem to think its a Constitutional right to have a cake baked exactly like they want it.
So why aren't they up in arms about this cake?
Oh, that's right, they are busy taking away the arms.......

They should just put their chicken tender sub on sale. :sunglasses:

I haven't gotten too many Publix Subs over the last year or so...but when at their location at Conroy/Windermere in March pre-scouting for a shoot (been to Chipotle/Panera too many times in that shopping center), went to get subs...and person at the Deli mentioned that Chicken Tender Subs were on sale...and I said "lets do it!"

My go-to sub there back in the day was always the Publix Ultimate.

I haven't gotten too many Publix Subs over the last year or so...but when at their location at Conroy/Windermere in March pre-scouting for a shoot (been to Chipotle/Panera too many times in that shopping center), went to get subs...and person at the Deli mentioned that Chicken Tender Subs were on sale...and I said "lets do it!"

My go-to sub there back in the day was always the Publix Ultimate.

Ultimate is my go-to if I want a deli meat sub for sure.

I'm going to step everyone through this, because this is becoming the political "Kevin Bacon" game.
  • A business providing goods and services with a retail front has donated to a political candidate for whatever their reasons
  • That political candidate has decided to state they agree with the NRA and is not afraid of detractors
  • Several Progressives state they will now boycott that business that has donated to that political candidate
  • Hogg et al. have called for a 'die in' of -- physically disruptive takeover limiting access -- to that retail business
So, let's flip the script ...
  • A business providing goods and services with a retail front has donated to a political candidate for whatever their reasons
  • That political candidate has decided to state they agree with public funding Planned Parenthood and is not afraid of detractors
  • Several Conservatives state they will now boycott that business that has donated to that political candidate
  • Religious groups have called for an 'on-site sermon' of -- physically distruptive takover limiting access -- to that retail business
So, in reverse, we're no longer just talking Christians at abortion clinics, but Christians running disruptive sessions at businesses who have merely donated to a Democratic candidate.

This is why Progressives are starting to lose all considerations from moderates, Libertarians ... even Liberals!

Banning Books, Music and Movies have also been on the Progressive agenda as of late as well -- because of guilt by association.

In fairness, it happens on both sides. There is almost no incentive for a business to publicly back any candidate when the other side will always demonize the opposition.

I agree. I'm not boycotting stores though because they don't agree with my political leanings. It's stupid on both sides.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Maybe we should find companies that donate to Democrats who support abortion and stage a "die in". We can throw 54 million replicate human fetuses all over the store or office with blood splattered everywhere.

Yea!

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
I don't even know Adam Putnam and I just donated to his campaign. If Publix likes him he is good with me. Publix is not just the best grocery store chain in the state but it is one of the top employers.

This David Hogg kid just seems like a real tool.

I don't even know Adam Putnam and I just donated to his campaign. If Publix likes him he is good with me. Publix is not just the best grocery store chain in the state but it is one of the top employers.

This David Hogg kid just seems like a real tool.
Smh. Career phony ranch hand blue blood politician over the Navy veteran Ivy grad bar passer?

QUOTE="1ofTheseKnights, post: 1296001, member: 884"]Smh. Career phony ranch hand blue blood politician over the Navy veteran Ivy grad bar passer?[/QUOTE]

Do you have a good source for everyone running? I can't find one.

I think I'm already out on Putnam for him being another gater living on his families legacy. He really hasn't done anything but take advantage of his last name like typical gaters. I'm not too keen on Ron either, he seems like a NYer loudmouth from Miami that knows nothing about Florida.

In fairness, it happens on both sides. There is almost no incentive for a business to publicly back any candidate when the other side will always demonize the opposition.
Yes, but Hogg has taken this to a new level.
Expect Christians to do the same ...

No longer just at abortion clinics, but interfering with any business that donates to a pro-Choice and/or funds Planned Parenthood candidate.

This is the state of our country now.
Everyone is going nuclear using the Kevin Bacon game.

Maybe we should find companies that donate to Democrats who support abortion and stage a "die in". We can throw 54 million replicate human fetuses all over the store or office with blood splattered everywhere.

Yea!

That's what I said from day 1 on this ... Hogg just opened up a can-o-worms.

Yes, but Hogg has taken this to a new level.
Expect Christians to do the same ...

No longer just at abortion clinics, but interfering with any business that donates to a pro-Choice and/or funds Planned Parenthood candidate.

This is the state of our country now.
Everyone is going nuclear using the Kevin Bacon game.

That's what I said from day 1 on this ... Hogg just opened up a can-o-worms.

Dramatic much?

I didn't read the whole thing of course, but it sounds like UCFBS is joining Bob in his fight against free speech. Typical red hatters.

ADVERTISEMENT