ADVERTISEMENT

Some Liberals Now Boycotting Publix

Dramatic much?
Huh? I'm just pointing out where Hogg took this.

I didn't read the whole thing of course, but it sounds like UCFBS is joining Bob in his fight against free speech. Typical red hatters.
Huh? I'm just pointing out where this is headed.

When Christians do this in reverse, you guys are going to be pissed.

Reactions: Knight_Light

You mean, protesting abortion clinics? Bombing abortion clinics? Trying to defund Planned Parenthood? Refusing to marry same sex couples?
...I could go back...
Arresting musicians for profane lyrics? Prohibition?

Christians have been doing this crap for thousands of years, numbnuts.

You are literally arguing against people exercising their freedom of speech. Both you and bob are on the record saying people shouldn't be allowed to exercise their first amendment rights. Like I said, you are both 100% typical red hatters.

David Hogg cost republicans their precious campaign donations.

Until corporations start supporting what's right for the communities they serve, the communities will fight back, and win.

Reactions: KirksJerk79
David Hogg cost republicans their precious campaign donations.

Until corporations start supporting what's right for the communities they serve, the communities will fight back, and win.

I just donated to Putnam specifically because of this nonsense

Lol. Wrong again.

people mocking Hogg may see him have the last laugh if he can get even 15% more turnout from a younger demo that never shows up for Governor races at the Polls. Scott's 2 wins were during light turnout 'opposition' cycles with a Democrat President. Florida is not a bleeding red state like Texas, it can flip Blue in certain circumstances as Obama showed. Putnam is still the favorite but the race won't be easy for him.

people mocking Hogg may see him have the last laugh if he can get even 15% more turnout from a younger demo that never shows up for Governor races at the Polls. Scott's 2 wins were during light turnout 'opposition' cycles with a Democrat President. Florida is not a bleeding red state like Texas, it can flip Blue in certain circumstances as Obama showed. Putnam is still the favorite but the race won't be easy for him.

If anything he and his comrades will inspire republicans to get off their ass and vote. Otherwise we will have candidates winning who call the NRA “terrorists” and bow to fringe left wing activists.

I don't like what he stands for and don't particularly like him. But the fact that so many red hatters straight up attack him for simply surviving a school shooting and trying to keep them from happening again makes me want to donate for his cause.

If anything he and his comrades will inspire republicans to get off their ass and vote. Otherwise we will have candidates winning who call the NRA “terrorists” and bow to fringe left wing activists.
I think that coalition has a ceiling that can't get much larger. Florida has more registered Democrat voters.

It's comes down to Broward County which had lower turnout during non Potus cycles. The population density there alone can sink both Scott and Putnam if they actually show up and vote.
I don't like what he stands for and don't particularly like him. But the fact that so many red hatters straight up attack him for simply surviving a school shooting and trying to keep them from happening again makes me want to donate for his cause.
He's definitely douchey but from their perspective being quiet and playing nice hasn't worked in the past in other places. What he(and the other classmates) are doing is working. Scott never signs that GC Bill if they weren't as loud as they have been.

I misunderstood - I thought Publix made their announcement to prevent the "die-in," but I guess it came right afterward. They did a "die in" at a Publix here in Orlando on East Colonial.

I would have shopped around these idiots and asked them to hand me things from the shelves they were blocking.

The next time I don’t like a policy of some business I’ll get a bunch of people to trespass private property and stage an illegal protest too.

You are literally arguing against people exercising their freedom of speech.
Huh? I've always said Hogg has 100% right to exercise his freedom of speech. Of course this is physically impeding private property, but that's was not my point.

My point is ... and please listen for once, because I'm really tired of you being a total dick and not bothering to 'get it' ...

If Hogg can do this, then so can the religious right. Are you going to defend them when they overtake a grocery story because the store donated to a Democratic candidate that supports taxpayer money to Planned Parenthood? Or are you going to be an one-sided a-hole that believes only half of the country is entitled to freedom, and they others are all criminals?

BTW, have you heard that Publix has pulled funding of all candidates, including those that support Planned Parenthood and other organizations?

Both you and bob are on the record saying people shouldn't be allowed to exercise their first amendment rights.
^^^ Why are you purposely trying to nuke everyone you disagree with? You may very well be the most hateful person I've ever met.

Like I said, you are both 100% typical red hatters.
I play devil's advocate, in both dirctions. Since you can only behave like a child, you're finally managed to earn a block. Please grow up.

I misunderstood - I thought Publix made their announcement to prevent the "die-in," but I guess it came right afterward. They did a "die in" at a Publix here in Orlando on East Colonial.
@Brandon - you were correct the first time. Publix announced it was suspending all donations well before the die-in, and they did it any way.

Although this includes several organizations and even candidates that support Planned Parenthood, coincidentally enough.

You mean, protesting abortion clinics?
No, worse. Protesting any organization that donates to a candidate that supports public funding of Planned Parenthood.

If you support Hogg's right to do this, then you must support the right of Christians do to the same. That's how freedom works -- unpopular speech and actions must be supported from all directions, not just one. This is the difference between being a freedom-living American, and a totalitarian one.

Bombing abortion clinics?
That's criminal. Just like when Democratic leaders support gun control, but violate the same laws they support. Some even get tangled up in organized crime too.

Oh, you haven't been following those? ;)

And you wonder why I have to repeatedly remind people why I'm a Libertarian. I call out all sides.

Trying to defund Planned Parenthood? Refusing to marry same sex couples?
...I could go back... Arresting musicians for profane lyrics? Prohibition?
Actually, the Progressives are on that track now. The Conservatives gave up that route decades ago.

If you haven't noticed, SJWs are going after music and books as of late. ;)

Christians have been doing this crap for thousands of years, numbnuts.
And Progressives are starting to 'one-up' them. The Liberals are dead, ex-communicated from the Democratic Party.

Why don't I see many conservative boycotts of businesses?

0ad.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT