ADVERTISEMENT

Spring game, April 16

First drive -
Plumlee started with the ‘1’s’. Picked up a couple first downs, but drive stalled (Punt).

Second drive -
Keene drove down the field with the ‘2’s’, went 4/4 with a TD to A. Johnson against the first-team defense.

Third/Fourth drives -
Plumlee downfield shot, TD to J. Robinson, Keene drive stalls (Punt).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Knight Strength
Holy Amari Johnson/Jaylon Robinson...each have 2 TD's apiece through 1 1/2 quarters.

Reactions: tjb74
Ugggh, defense?
Yikes lol

First half TD counter:
J. Robinson II
A. Johnson II
Hudson I
Martin I

Is it just me or does Marc Daniels seem to hate Gary Parris?

I’m just hearing a lot of talking down to Gary. After embarrassing him for struggling to identify the black team, Marc responded to “Only one man can call timeout” with “Well, Gus can tell someone to call timeout”.

Anyone else hearing tension between the two of them?

I don’t know if they mentioned on the radio call but someone in a #4 jersey got injured and helped off the field. Was really worried it was Okeefe. But in the second half they seemed to say Okeefe was on the field. No idea who it was or the injury.

I don’t know if they mentioned on the radio call but someone in a #4 jersey got injured and helped off the field. Was really worried it was Okeefe. But in the second half they seemed to say Okeefe was on the field. No idea who it was or the injury.
It was Koby Perry, they were looking at his left leg. I believe he went back in the game though.

It was Koby Perry, he's also #4

Cubana tickets $5 :) sat at the 50 yard line. The talent on this team is really good! Plumlee was impressive and he didn't run much. Mikey played well too. Both black and white offenses had very good players throughout each position. The defense was playing vanilla with no hitting the QB and lack of blitzes. The size of the offensive and defensive lines is very impressive. The speed on this team is very impressive. All the ball handlers played very physical too!

Cubana tickets $5 :) sat at the 50 yard line. The talent on this team is really good! Plumlee was impressive and he didn't run much. Mikey played well too. Both black and white offenses had very good players throughout each position. The defense was playing vanilla with no hitting the QB and lack of blitzes. The size of the offensive and defensive lines is very impressive. The speed on this team is very impressive. All the ball handlers played very physical too!
Great opportunity to upsell ticket holders

Sounds like the offense is going to be really good this year and JRP has a better arm than we thought.
JRP showed that he is a skilled passer and was better than Mikey today. And remember, they wouldn't let him run. He was whistled down with touches multiple times and no way does he go down in those situations. In fact, I'd bet if the QB's were live he would have run for at least 2 TD's today. The biggest concern coming out of this spring game is the D....although they played pretty vanilla today and that won't be the case this season.

Last edited:
Anyone know why hundreds of HS recruits were on the sideline pregame but then they were all ushered into the tunnel once the game started? Why aren’t they allowed to stay on the sidelines?

This is definitely the fastest team, offensively, that UCF has had and is even faster with JRP at QB. P5 Conference fast.

Anyone know why hundreds of HS recruits were on the sideline pregame but then they were all ushered into the tunnel once the game started? Why aren’t they allowed to stay on the sidelines?
Probably is exactly what you are thinking, an NCAA recruitment rule, that recruits can't participate or be on sidelines during games or practices - in other words be considered as part of the team until they are signed.

Probably is exactly what you are thinking, an NCAA recruitment rule, that recruits can't participate or be on sidelines during games or practices - in other words be considered as part of the team until they are signed.
Makes some sense but isn't it just an open practice?

Makes some sense but isn't it just an open practice?
That is the thing, to best my knowledge a recruit can watch a practice from a distance like a bleacher just like an invited VIP booster could be, but can't be "right in there" on a sideline listening to each word a coach says etc...

That is the thing, to best my knowledge a recruit can watch a practice from a distance like a bleacher just like an invited VIP booster could be, but can't be "right in there" on a sideline listening to each word a coach says etc...
Understood

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT