ADVERTISEMENT

Storm is here

hendu1976fl

Five-Star Recruit
Feb 23, 2011
Perfect title for the rest of our season. Mikey can't run. JRP can't throw.. Maybe its time for TC, the future of the program. I would love to see JRP throw for 350 this next game and run for 100. He is more than capable. He has the talent. But unfortunately, against average competition he hasn't produced. 2 more games and you have to pull him for the kid. TC is ready. TC will make mistakes, but he will also make plays.

The whole team goes as the QB goes. TC does both. JRP is the next closest thing, and he doesn't seem to be that close to being complete. If he looks like butt against SMU as a passer, it is time to pull the trigger. Coach owes it to everybody on the roster to give the team the best chance to win, and that is with TC. Mistakes will be made, and maybe we finish 8-4, but we will be better for it down the road.

I agree Gus should make a change if things go south in a game or through the season. However, I don't think we should go and praise TC as doing both when we haven't seen him play significant minutes. He was a ~60% 240yd passer in his Jr/Sr HS seasons, JRP was ~64% 190yd for reference. Can't exactly compare with variables in quality of play but its a metric. Either way the O is holding us back, and the receivers need to spend time on the jugs and get their hands right.

Perfect title for the rest of our season. Mikey can't run. JRP can't throw.. Maybe its time for TC, the future of the program. I would love to see JRP throw for 350 this next game and run for 100. He is more than capable. He has the talent. But unfortunately, against average competition he hasn't produced. 2 more games and you have to pull him for the kid. TC is ready. TC will make mistakes, but he will also make plays.

The whole team goes as the QB goes. TC does both. JRP is the next closest thing, and he doesn't seem to be that close to being complete. If he looks like butt against SMU as a passer, it is time to pull the trigger. Coach owes it to everybody on the roster to give the team the best chance to win, and that is with TC. Mistakes will be made, and maybe we finish 8-4, but we will be better for it down the road.
I'd love for the bold to be true, but we have zero evidence that this is the case.

I’ve been pounding the TC drum for a while now, HUGE believer in him. But he should redshirt, give himself 3-4 years in the Big12. I posted in the past I think he will be a Heisman contender/potential winner, that’s what I think of his skill and potential in Gus’ offense. With that said, JRP is the best option moving forward. If the OL can be Parmesan cheese instead of Swiss cheese with the WRs making the catches that are thrown in catchable areas, stop making dumb penalties on big plays, JRP will be that 250+ & 100+ a game guy.

I’d also love to see the dumb penalties on PR stop. Townsend has been electric and every big play he has on PR gets a penalty and called back. Hey, at least our Punting and FG kickers seem to have fixed our kicking game! Cheer up guys, all is good.

Last edited:
Huge TC fan here based on his recruiting film and can't wait to see him play solid minutes. I'm curious to know how much of the playbook he has command of.

I understand JRP has needed reps & the Offensive 1s needed time together; however, with with the way JRP runs the rock it would have been good to get a read on our QB2 situation in live fire. I'm certain Keene would come in next if needed. Sadly, I'm not holding my breath on TC.

I don't think its JRP can't throw, he has thrown many amazing passes with what looks like the right amount of touch and the receivers miss it. I think we are waiting to see the receivers break out. Right now its a few mistakes here and there. Once they all click, I think we will see something happen. JRP is using his legs because we just don't have confidence in the receivers just yet. I still think Keene and Castellanos have a good ceiling.

Didn't see, only heard GT game, and sounded like a lot of dropped passes. JRP can throw, the problem is the rust in decision making, and the lack of ability of WRs to catch a ball (or his inability to throw a 'catchable' ball.

PS. I also can't wait for Castellanos, maybe should have put him in the GT to see if a pass could be completed.

We get four games, right? Too bad we wasted one putting him in with 90 sec to go.
That’s correct. Im sure the idea is to get TC any and as many reps possible as soon as possible within the first games (as long as big lead and JRP healthy) then sit him. That way he has game reps in case JRP goes down. Then you can still play MK 4 games to preserve his RS as well. That’s 8 games to get them in for some work between the two guys, not a ton of opportunity since there isn’t that many blowout games on the schedule typically.

*This is just my logic that makes sense, I really don’t know Gus’ thought process or the inner workings and team dynamics.

In all fairness, I have only been able to listen to the last 2 games. Cut the cable cord and my streaming package doesn't have either CBS sports or ESPNU. But listening to the games on the radio it sounded pretty bad. Talking to someone who went to the games, they also felt the passing game was a struggle, but they did mention several drops in each game. that does hurt a QB's confidence.

I'm not worried about having him, TC, for 4 years in the Big 12. 3 would be great if he comes into his first year in the Big 12 with some starting experience. Maybe JRP and the receivers can get it figured out. Ideally, he figures it out and the next 8 games he gets better and better heading into next year and we can redshirt TC. But I don't give us much of a chance against SMU if we pass like we did last week and against UL. Honestly, if we throw the ball like we have the past 3 games, I don't see us beating SMU, Memphis, Cincy or ECU. P5 athletes on D and we really struggled on O. Defenses are just going to stack the box against us till we can prove that JRP can consistently (and that is the key) beat them with his arm.

All that aside, I hope everyone out there is safe

In all fairness, I have only been able to listen to the last 2 games. Cut the cable cord and my streaming package doesn't have either CBS sports or ESPNU. But listening to the games on the radio it sounded pretty bad. Talking to someone who went to the games, they also felt the passing game was a struggle, but they did mention several drops in each game. that does hurt a QB's confidence.

I'm not worried about having him, TC, for 4 years in the Big 12. 3 would be great if he comes into his first year in the Big 12 with some starting experience. Maybe JRP and the receivers can get it figured out. Ideally, he figures it out and the next 8 games he gets better and better heading into next year and we can redshirt TC. But I don't give us much of a chance against SMU if we pass like we did last week and against UL. Honestly, if we throw the ball like we have the past 3 games, I don't see us beating SMU, Memphis, Cincy or ECU. P5 athletes on D and we really struggled on O. Defenses are just going to stack the box against us till we can prove that JRP can consistently (and that is the key) beat them with his arm.

I do an iptv that gets every channel for $25 a month. There are a bunch out there from $10-$40 a month. Quality is decent. Netflix and HBO Max is also on mine and NFL games which is why i cut cord and got this.

Reactions: Knight Strength

The last several games have been live streamed on youtube of all places (illegally obviously)

The last several games have been live streamed on youtube of all places (illegally obviously)
If not on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPND (or Fox which we're never on), etc. I watch on YouTube. This season sucks a crap sandwich. One day on crap ESPNU, another day on crap CBS Sports. Probably one of the worst years (so far) in terms of watching on accessible media. I really hope this changes in B12, it's getting harder to watch this easily (there are other ways of YouTube that I'm thankful to know of but I prefer just flipping on to ESPN and boom).

If not on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPND (or Fox which we're never on), etc. I watch on YouTube. This season sucks a crap sandwich. One day on crap ESPNU, another day on crap CBS Sports. Probably one of the worst years (so far) in terms of watching on accessible media. I really hope this changes in B12, it's getting harder to watch this easily (there are other ways of YouTube that I'm thankful to know of but I prefer just flipping on to ESPN and boom).
Big 12 has a game on + and one on Fox Sports. Only so many games can be on ESPN.

Big 12 has a game on + and one on Fox Sports. Only so many games can be on ESPN.
Yeah but the problem as I see it is that games are either nationally televised or not at all. There's no mechanism for regional coverage anymore. Why is the hometown team on streaming-for-pay-only while Nebraska/Northwestern is on every national Fox broadcast affiliate? Why can't FOX35 buy a game and run it on 65? One season we had "the American on 18" where we got one AAC game a week on channel 18. UCF got one game on it.

The ESPN contract is terrible. Every year they make it so that we have to buy an ESPN cable package (for 1&2) an add-on sports package (for most people, for U) and a separate streaming package (for 3). Thanks a lot. Let's not pretend it isn't intentional.

All these inaccessible games make it harder to build a fanbase if locals can't watch our games. Lots is made of "T-shirt fans" but t-shirts raise $$ for the program. Maybe that's a separate conversation.

I've used it for years and have rarely had a problem. You just need to be sure to click through the pop-ups 5,000 times ina row and then the game will usually display.

We cut the cord about 6 months ago and so far I‘m very happy with streaming YouTube TV. It is way cheaper than cable or satellite.
I researched various streaming services and the 2 most popular options seemed to be Hulu and YouTubeTV. The DVR on Hulu was a pain in the ass and was the main reason we switched over to give YouTube a try. I like it much better and the DVR feature is awesome because recordings are saved in the cloud and you never need to worry about storage space.
We get all the local networks and just about every sports channel for $65/mo including all the ESPN’s and cbs sports, nbc sports, ACC, Big10, etc…. We can also stream on up to 6 devices without any additional fees.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT