ADVERTISEMENT

Suspended Will Grier Transferring from Florida

Everybody agrees with that. The question at hand is does he get to play the entire junior year or miss the first 6 games of that junior year. Are the 1 year drug suspension and 1 year transfer rule served concurrently or consecutively. No where in the NCAA bylaws does it state that one has anything to do with the other except that he has to be enrolled in school for one calendar year before playing.
I would guess it's concurrent. If he torn his ACL the week the suspension came down, the clock on the suspension wouldn't be delayed starting until after he was able to play.
Plus the NCAA doesn't consider the year of ineligibility for a transfer a punishment, but a chance for the player to adjust to their new environment.
That all said, if its not in the rules its a grey area and the NCAA can probably do whatever they want.

It would be awesome to land Grier, but I have a feeling he will stay closer to home at either ECU or NC State. His step mom is from Florida, but I don't think that does anything for us. He would be great in the frost offense though.

Are you dense? Grier was a competent enough qb to keep Florida in the mix with that elite defense. You guys are making Grier out to be a top flight qb which he wasn't.

You realize that we are pretty impartial since we are a slim to none option. His 1st year starting he has a 145.8 passing rating and 65.8% passing. He took UF to number 10 ranking and the fell off the map without him. Just a coincidence they dropped right after huh? Got invited to the elite 11 camp and did well. In high school he would put up 700 yard games.

But yeah, he stinks...

I would guess it's concurrent. If he torn his ACL the week the suspension came down, the clock on the suspension wouldn't be delayed starting until after he was able to play.
Plus the NCAA doesn't consider the year of ineligibility for a transfer a punishment, but a chance for the player to adjust to their new environment.
That all said, if its not in the rules its a grey area and the NCAA can probably do whatever they want.

Which is why I seriously doubt that the transfer period applies to the suspension period. If that's the case, those transferring are effectively being punished as much as someone who, on the day their suspension is announced, decide to transfer. If the transfer period is not a punishment, then time associated with it wouldn't apply to any punishment levied against a player. Add in the multiple sources which explicitly state this to be the case, and I've seen nothing that makes me think it works the other way around.

Remain ignorant if you want or you can believe your own eyes. Do you really think that he would transfer only to have 1.5 seasons of eligibility vs staying at UF and having 2.5 seasons of eligibility?

I really question his overall judgement, yes. I think his suspension shows that is a safe assumption to make.

Everybody agrees with that. The question at hand is does he get to play the entire junior year or miss the first 6 games of that junior year. Are the 1 year drug suspension and 1 year transfer rule served concurrently or consecutively. No where in the NCAA bylaws does it state that one has anything to do with the other except that he has to be enrolled in school for one calendar year before playing.

It could very well be the case that for the suspension to be considered served, he must be eligible to play during that period which would mean the transfer period doesn't apply. And, to be completely blunt, everything I've ever seen from the NCAA would lead me to believe that they'd enforce the option which led to the most loss of playtime when considering performance enhancing drugs.

You realize that we are pretty impartial since we are a slim to none option. His 1st year starting he has a 145.8 passing rating and 65.8% passing. He took UF to number 10 ranking and the fell off the map without him. Just a coincidence they dropped right after huh? Got invited to the elite 11 camp and did well. In high school he would put up 700 yard games.

But yeah, he stinks...

How many Florida games did you watch?

V Kentucky - 97.7
V Tennessee - 122.3
V Missouri - 113

He did well v the cupcakes new mex state and ecu then the breakout game v ole miss. He was bad v Kentucky Missouri and the first 3 quarters of the ten game. There are plenty of QBs who could have up those stats or better. Lol the elite camp is irrelevant. Florida dropped because they had someone far worse than Holman at qb.

Don't lecture me about Florida. I watch the games and know more about them than you do.

Last edited:
And you are a stuck up, arrogant jack ass.

V ECU - 10/17 151 yds 2 tds 1 int
V Kentucky - 13/22 125 yds 1 int 0 tds
V Tennessee - 135 yds 1 Td after 3 quarters
V Missouri - 20/33 208 yds 0 tds 0 picks

No I'm knowledgable about what I'm talking about and you talk out of your ass

You are still an arrogant, stuck up jackass. You always were, and you always will be.

I think this is GatorKnight. His first post was Jan of 2015.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting some good stats vs 3/4 SEC competition and a ECU team that was playing decent on defense. Looks like some winning stats especially since you took the luster out of them. All wins. You didn't mention a ground game and QB runs which lower passing attempts, situations requiring a QB to rack up numbers, and of course conveniently omitting a 4th quarter vs Tennessee as if it didn't count.

I'll take it anyday and so would most Gators and fans.

Show me a few 10-31 games with no TDs and 3 picks. a loss, no ground game and no productive QB runs.

You don't need lecturing about Florida and watching games. You need lecturing on interpreting stats, wins and losses, and what bad QB and offensive play is because after him, the Gator offensive production was well...... "Offensive."

Last edited:

But yeah, he stinks...

This. ^ ^ ^ ^

Can't believe I'm praising a gator, but it is what it is.

Thanks for posting some good stats vs 3/4 SEC competition and a ECU team that was playing decent on defense. Looks like some winning stats especially since you took the luster out of them. All wins. You didn't mention a ground game and QB runs which lower passing attempts, situations requiring a QB to rack up numbers, and of course conveniently omitting a 4th quarter vs Tennessee as if it didn't count.

I'll take it anyday and so would most Gators and fans.

Show me a few 10-31 games with no TDs and 3 picks. a loss, no ground game and no productive QB runs.

You don't need lecturing about Florida and watching games. You need lecturing on interpreting stats, wins and losses, and what bad QB and offensive play is because after him, the Gator offensive production was well...... "Offensive."

No you need to understand that just because a team is in the top 10 doesn't mean they have an elite qb. You just need to learn to watch games before lecturing Anyone about anything.

And LOL if those are good stats. Don't make out ECU to be better than they are because of what they did v the overrated AAC

No you need to understand that just because a team is in the top 10 doesn't mean they have an elite qb. You just need to learn to watch games before lecturing Anyone about anything.

And LOL if those are good stats. Don't make out ECU to be better than they are because of what they did v the overrated AAC

You're still arguing about this? Everyone thinks he is an elite level qb so you must know something different. Went to the "elite" 11 camp won a bunch of games on a sec squad and all of a sudden UF turned average after he got suspended.

During those games Grier was a freshman and had 5 touchdowns and 2 picks and a pretty damn good rating. That 4 game stretch began in like game #2.

Harris played some during the ECU game lowering Grier's stats and Grier ran the ball a lot in the Kentucky game. He helped a comeback win vs Tennessee. I thought that you said that you watched the games??

I watched 3 of those.

During those games Grier was a freshman and had 5 touchdowns and 2 picks and a pretty damn good rating. That 4 game stretch began in like game #2.

Harris played some during the ECU game lowering Grier's stats and Grier ran the ball a lot in the Kentucky game. He helped a comeback win vs Tennessee. I thought that you said that you watched the games??

I watched 3 of those.

Ok so are we measuring a qb by their ability to run or pass. Grier was not effective to mcelwains liking so he let Harris throw the ball 8 times. If Grier was so elite then another qb wouldn't have taken that many snaps. How did you not see him struggling in those 3 games and most of the Tennessee game?? Having the game on is not the same as actually paying attention.

Last edited:
You're still arguing about this? Everyone thinks he is an elite level qb so you must know something different. Went to the "elite" 11 camp won a bunch of games on a sec squad and all of a sudden UF turned average after he got suspended.

WHO CARES ABOUT THE ELITE 11 CAMP! That doesn't automatically mean you are elite once your college career begins. God do you not understand that UF turned average because of the garbage that replaced him? Can you not understand many other QBs could have led Florida to the record they had because of their run game and elite d? Sean McGuire led FSU to a 10-2 record! McGuire must be ELITEEEEE

And no not everyone thinks he is elite. Most gator fans think he had potential but he certainly wasn't elite minus the ole miss game.

Everyone?[roll](We are talking about actually games...not flag football)

Same one's praising this dude were the same one's praising Driskel (another flag football champ) when UF had one of the worst offenses in the nation yet UF won 10-11 games. (hint: It was the DEFENSE that helped win most of those games).

Grier was a young QB who had good and bad games...but its silly to consider him "elite" which such a short track record (of good and not so good).

Reactions: MasterKnight

Same one's praising this dude were the same one's praising Driskel (another flag football champ) when UF had one of the worst offenses in the nation yet UF won 10-11 games. (hint: It was the DEFENSE that helped win most of those games).

Grier was a young QB who had good and bad games...but its silly to consider him "elite" which such a short track record (of good and not so good).

He passed for 65.8% and a good qb rating his first starting year. I'd kill for a qb like grier right now. Name a better 1st year starting qb?

He passed for 65.8% and a good qb rating his first starting year. I'd kill for a qb like grier right now. Name a better 1st year starting qb?

Not very many. Debating this anymore is a waste of time. So..., when he left the Gators weren't the same. According to the other posters logic, the defense must have went bad too because that's the only reason that they won.

Exactly. I never said he wasn't good but he was definitely not elite or a program changer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT