ADVERTISEMENT

Suspended Will Grier Transferring from Florida

I don't have a problem with it as long as he can perform without them. He has been punished and will have served his suspension.
I believe that the use of these drugs are usually not repeat offenders. It's an illegal drug, but it's not like cocaine or something hardcore. I think that Frost most likely would have a problem with it and that's cool.

Will Grier would make us top 25 caliber program instantly. He took over the counter supplements. He already paid the price. I'm sure he will go to one of NC schools. His dad went to ecu for the record.

UCF would have a better(if still slim) chance at Murray or Allen only bc Frost's ties to them in Recruiting for Oregon.

Grier has no ties to the State of Florida and he's more of Pro set QB anyway.

Stinks because he quit going to school so he going to lose 1.5 years of eligibility between the transfer rule and the suspension.

From Chad Grier "
After 2 meetings with Coach Mac, he and Will mutually agreed that it would be best for Will to transfer. Will loved being part of Gator Nation and this is a very difficult transition for him. That being said, he's also very excited about his future on and off the field. He is working to identify a short list of schools and will begin the process of evaluating opportunities as soon as possible.

Thank you to all who have called and written to express support of Will. Our Family very much appreciates it!"

So he only has 1 1/2 years of eligibility left, after transfer and punishment? Then we'd have to wait 1 1/2 years to use him? I really hope by that time we have already found a high school QB that will be the answer or atleast a JC.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
So he only has 1 1/2 years of eligibility left, after transfer and punishment? Then we'd have to wait 1 1/2 years to use him? I really hope by that time we have already found a high school QB that will be the answer or atleast a JC.

He is a legit elite level QB. With 85 scholarship on a roster it is an option. He would still have 2 full football seasons. He have to miss spring practice.

He is a legit elite level QB. With 85 scholarship on a roster it is an option. He would still have 2 full football seasons. He have to miss spring practice.
He would be eligible this time next year for us. So should be good for spring 2017

Better news is Gators will be hurting next season :) Ever since this QB was suspended the team's offense has been ineffective.

Was it steroids or more to it?

Any word I've heard out of gainesville has said he's gotten into far worse drugs during his suspension, and is far more interested in partying than playing. Also, considering the fact he'd have to sit out almost 2 fulls years before he could play for us, why would we go after him?

He would be eligible this time next year for us. So should be good for spring 2017

Doesn't he have to sit out an entire year due to transfer rules, then the additional time for his suspension? Meaning, he'd be able to play for us starting the 7th game of the year after next?

Doesn't he have to sit out an entire year due to transfer rules, then the additional time for his suspension? Meaning, he'd be able to play for us starting the 7th game of the year after next?
Yes, this not out 1.5 years.

Any word I've heard out of gainesville has said he's gotten into far worse drugs during his suspension, and is far more interested in partying than playing. Also, considering the fact he'd have to sit out almost 2 fulls years before he could play for us, why would we go after him?
He is/was the QB at UF. He has time on his hands and probably knows that he has weeks left there. He's probably trying to bang every chick he can because he knows he's going back to North Carolina. Do you blame him?

Last edited:
Better news is Gators will be hurting next season :) Ever since this QB was suspended the team's offense has been ineffective.

Did I miss when we play Florida next season? By the way Florida is going to have a top 5 recruiting class complete with a top 5 qb so I think they will be ok.

He is/was the QB at UF. He has time on his hands and probably knows that he has weeks left there. He's probably trying to bang every chick he can because knows he's going back to North Carolina. Did you blame him?

Had to laugh at this. You very well could be right.

I have a Gator friend who is relatively close to the program who told me there have been multiple reports of this guy doing nose candy in public settings since his suspension. Guy seems like a head case IMO.

I don't have a problem with it as long as he can perform without them. He has been punished and will have served his suspension.
I believe that the use of these drugs are usually not repeat offenders. It's an illegal drug, but it's not like cocaine or something hardcore. I think that Frost most likely would have a problem with it and that's cool.
Oh he was doing blow too lol

LMAO you really hate Florida that much huh

Or, you know, I'm looking at this rationally. Let me be clear, UF has plenty of athletes who I'm *LOVE* to transfer down here to play, but I don't want a player who is out for the next 1.5 years and who by all accounts has gone off the deep end. Especially when he wasn't exactly overly impressive to begin with, this isn't the second coming of Dante Culpepper we're talking about here.

This was on YardBarker.

Florida Football: Grier’s decision to transfer puts Florida in difficult position

"...Florida will be very thin at the quarterback spot next year and will probably have a quarterback battle on their hands. If the Gators do not gain another quarterback commit in this class they will likely turn to early enrollee Feliepe Franks. The only other quarterbacks the Gators have on the roster currently are two-star Kyle Trask, transfer Luke Del Rio, and the struggling Treon Harris.

Before Grier’s suspension, the quarterback led the Gators to a 6-0 record, including a fourth quarter comeback against Tennessee and a 38-10 beat down of Ole Miss. Grier had the Florida offense clicking in ways that had not been seen in Gainesville since Urban Meyers tenure, but since his suspension the offense has lacked any form of identity and stumbled to a 4-3 record. ..."

This was on YardBarker.

Florida Football: Grier’s decision to transfer puts Florida in difficult position

"...Florida will be very thin at the quarterback spot next year and will probably have a quarterback battle on their hands. If the Gators do not gain another quarterback commit in this class they will likely turn to early enrollee Feliepe Franks. The only other quarterbacks the Gators have on the roster currently are two-star Kyle Trask, transfer Luke Del Rio, and the struggling Treon Harris.

Before Grier’s suspension, the quarterback led the Gators to a 6-0 record, including a fourth quarter comeback against Tennessee and a 38-10 beat down of Ole Miss. Grier had the Florida offense clicking in ways that had not been seen in Gainesville since Urban Meyers tenure, but since his suspension the offense has lacked any form of identity and stumbled to a 4-3 record. ..."

I'm sure Florida isn't the only school with a freshman and transfer as options at qb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT