ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgating question.

NoleBuck

High School Harry
Mar 29, 2002
Hey - First UCF game for me and the family tomorrow. We have a big group going and I'm wondering what the tailgating situation is. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Glad to hear you'll be joining us! You can tailgate anywhere on campus. Memory mall has a reservation system now, so don't plan on getting a spot there unless you know someone that has already reserved a spot. Only memory mall proper is reservation though - right next to it is open. Other than that, the campus is fair game!

The red and blue parking areas are free. There is only one cash parking on campus and that is garage H. Other than that it's either permit (pretty much the areas closest to the stadium) or free. I think there are some places off campus that charge a fee, but don't know much about it.

They typical rules apply - no glass, no beer bongs, etc, but honestly they don't bother you about it if you are tailgating away from the mall. Grills are fine - propane or charcoal. Open-containers laws are suspended on campus at noon tomorrow when tailgating starts. My group gets there a little before noon, but we don't crack a beer until 12.

If you want indoor bathrooms you need to be in the vicinity of either the union or the arena. Other than that it will be port-o-lets. Once thing UCF really knows how to do is put out enough bathrooms though! Not like the St. Pete bowl where there seem to be literally 4 bathrooms for every 5,000 people.

Tailgating is something UCF does well...lots will start to really get full around 4:00, so keep that in mind. If you show up at 12 or 1 you'll find a spot anywhere.

http://www.ucfknights.com/brighthouse/campus-map.html

Hey - First UCF game for me and the family tomorrow. We have a big group going and I'm wondering what the tailgating situation is. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

If u have big group, I would try the Methodist Church on McCullough, as u can all parked together, get a grass spot if u arrive early and everyone on your group gets a hotdog, bag of chips and a drink, all for $20 per car/suv.

Parking there is closer to stadium than some booster lots and all free parking on campus.

If u have big group, I would try the Methodist Church on McCullough, as u can all parked together, get a grass spot if u arrive early and everyone on your group gets a hotdog, bag of chips and a drink, all for $20 per car/suv.

Parking there is closer to stadium than some booster lots and all free parking on campus.

Is drinking ok at at the church?

Is drinking ok at at the church?

In a family setting yes...but if you have a group of young 20-30 somethings...they will probably tell you to cool it down a bit or stop you all together (believe their rules state alcohol isn't allowed but since most of those that park there are older and/or older alumni from the visiting fans, i.e. believe they advertise to visiting fan/church groups, drinking is ok, especially if you use solo cups/cans).

I know a few that park there and they enjoy a few beers and soda pops...but its not a place to tailgate and get blasted.

Guess you would call their lots low key, family friendly as they have a strong police presence to boot (off duty cops) with other security from the church monitoring their lots.

In a family setting yes...but if you have a group of young 20-30 somethings...they will probably tell you to cool it down a bit or stop you all together (believe their rules state alcohol isn't allowed but since most of those that park there are older and/or older alumni from the visiting fans, i.e. believe they advertise to visiting fan/church groups, drinking is ok, especially if you use solo cups/cans).

I know a few that park there and they enjoy a few beers and soda pops...but its not a place to tailgate and get blasted.

Guess you would call their lots low key, family friendly as they have a strong police presence to boot (off duty cops) with other security from the church monitoring their lots.

Thanks! We will have kids and college students and 40 somethings like myself. This sounds like a good option!

Glad to have 20+ more Knight fans.

download-9.jpg

And welcome to our mass hypocrisy! ;)

Reactions: crambone
Glad to have 20+ more Knight fans.

download-9.jpg

And welcome to our mass hypocrisy! ;)

Love it - Oh I'm tailgate experienced in Tallahassee mainly, but this is our first UCF game thanks to a neighbor's daughter who is a freshman there this year!

Reactions: UCFBS
What type of scene are you looking for - we can help you determine where on campus you'll want to me. The various areas that I know of: peaceful setting around a lake, wild party scene with drunk co-eds, family friendly scene with lots of area to play tailgate games, indoor scene with restaurants and TVs, somewhere in the middle where the co-eds will walk by but you won't be in the middle of a bunch of 21-year-old kids. If you get there early (like right at noon) and are going to go all out with TVs, most of the buildings will have a couple power outlets on the outside. In my experience they get claimed quickly.

Love it - Oh I'm tailgate experienced in Tallahassee mainly, but this is our first UCF game thanks to a neighbor's daughter who is a freshman there this year!
Nole-Knights are welcome. Maybe we can turn you into Knight-Noles over time. ;)

What type of scene are you looking for - we can help you determine where on campus you'll want to me. The various areas that I know of: peaceful setting around a lake, wild party scene with drunk co-eds, family friendly scene with lots of area to play tailgate games, indoor scene with restaurants and TVs, somewhere in the middle where the co-eds will walk by but you won't be in the middle of a bunch of 21-year-old kids. If you get there early (like right at noon) and are going to go all out with TVs, most of the buildings will have a couple power outlets on the outside. In my experience they get claimed quickly.

For future reference the "somewhere in the middle where the co-eds will walk by but you won't be in the middle of a bunch of 21-year-old kids." would be our preference!

We ended up parking in parking garage B9 (across from the wellness center) and because of the rain we just put our tents outside the entrance of the garage. It turned out fine but would love to know where there is a bit more action for future reference.

Sorry about the game. I'm sure O'Leary will get things turned around soon!

Thanks!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT