ADVERTISEMENT

Ted Cruz heckled by radical protesters in DC restaurant

Personally, I find rude and crude public behavior disgusting.

That includes labeling alleged victims of sexual abuse as baldfaced liars before they've even had an opportunity to present their cases. It doesn't get any ruder or cruder than that.
i agree and also need to treat the alleged perpetrator with some respect as well as our justice system is based on innocent until proven guilty.

That includes labeling alleged victims of sexual abuse as baldfaced liars before they've even had an opportunity to present their cases. It doesn't get any ruder or cruder than that.
If only they had 36 years to present their case, oh well.

i agree and also need to treat the alleged perpetrator with some respect as well as our justice system is based on innocent until proven guilty.

Kavanaugh is not "on trial." The only court he's up against is the court of public opinion --- which makes the Administration's handling of these allegations all the more curious.

One would think that the quickest way to clear this up would be to ask the FBI to do a follow-up background check. Wouldn't that be the best way to 'nip this in the bud'? If there's nothing to these stories and no 'evidence,' wouldn't an FBI statement to that effect HELP Kavanaugh?

Kavanaugh is not "on trial." The only court he's up against is the court of public opinion --- which makes the Administration's handling of these allegations all the more curious.

One would think that the quickest way to clear this up would be to ask the FBI to do a follow-up background check. Wouldn't that be the best way to 'nip this in the bud'? If there's nothing to these stories and no 'evidence,' wouldn't an FBI statement to that effect HELP Kavanaugh?
sure. perhaps they shouldve looked into it back when they first heard of them. you know back in july?

sure. perhaps they shouldve looked into it back when they first heard of them. you know back in july?
I mean hell yeah you're right! Shit, there is a whole 1 month that separates July from the current month we are in. What were they doing for a whole one month! Supreme court nominations are important and the seat must be filled very quickly. We just cannot let a whole one month pass with an empty seat. It would be an outrage, a travesty, a constitutional calamity of the highest degree if the filling of a supreme court seat was delayed by a whole one month.

The dems should have sent this allegation straight to the Washington Post without any fact checking or any conversation or any verification the second it got into their hands because as we all know if the supreme court seat is empty for even a single month republicans would be outraged...

I mean hell yeah you're right! Shit, there is a whole 1 month that separates July from the current month we are in. What were they doing for a whole one month! Supreme court nominations are important and the seat must be filled very quickly. We just cannot let a whole one month pass with an empty seat. It would be an outrage, a travesty, a constitutional calamity of the highest degree if the filling of a supreme court seat was delayed by a whole one month.

The dems should have sent this allegation straight to the Washington Post without any fact checking or any conversation or any verification the second it got into their hands because as we all know if the supreme court seat is empty for even a single month republicans would be outraged...
You do realize it’s October next week . It’s been over 2 months since mid July but I wouldn’t expect anything different from a troll like you

You do realize it’s October next week . It’s been over 2 months since mid July but I wouldn’t expect anything different from a troll like you
Story has been out for awhile... it didn't break today.

Also you are advocating for a senator to go immediately to the press with a sexual assault accusation against a SCJ nominee? This info was shared with republicans internally untill the victim came forward publicly.

Absolutely right, Wayne! I share your righteous anger!

This is nothing but a disgusting, politically-motivated "stall" tactic by those lefties in the Senate. Shame on them!!!
if this were a more recent thing and several of her friends at the time stepped forward and said they were there, i would be more likely to believe it was real.

if this were a more recent thing and several of her friends at the time stepped forward and said they were there, i would be more likely to believe it was real.

Is this allegation bigger than, say, arrests for burglary, DWI, and leaving the scene of an accident?

I don't know how old you are but I see this as a generational thing.

Back in the 70s & 80s, a young woman who had something like this happen to her was conditioned by society to see it as "her fault" and something her parents would be angry AT HER about (you know, she shouldn't have been at a private party where drinking was taking place. she shouldn't have been drinking herself, she was asking for trouble, yadda, yadda, yadda.)

Listening to some of Kavanaugh backers (both women and men), I've found it fascinating how many of them are willing to excuse the behavior even if it did happen as a "boys will be boys thing." Good grief.

Is this allegation bigger than, say, arrests for burglary, DWI, and leaving the scene of an accident?
i havent kept up on all of this as some of you have. but havent her own witnesses basically said they werent there and it didnt happen?

if she or her witnesses are unwilling to testify asap, they need to move on.

Reactions: fabknight

In a perfect world, that would be just great. Except, there is ONE reason you want that. You know it .... I know it ... the whole world knows it.

A follow up FBI investigation takes long enough to last through the November elections. Democrats hope to regain the Senate where they will CRATER this nomination no mater what the FBI says. If The Dems own the Senate and the FBI says "accusations cannot be proven" ... they will tell Kavanaugh to take a flying leap based on a million other reasons they will just make up.

If you don't believe that, you are lying to yourself.

there is no excuse for this kind of garbage. I wouldn' t approve of it by Right towards Obama, Waters, or Feinstein nor Towards Cruz, or people working at white house.

Would make no difference at all, this is not about what is true or not true.
What is it the FBI can check? She doesn't know when or where it happened, names 2 or 4 people who were there, All say it didn't happen.
Whether it did or did not happen there is nothing to investigate.

Did one of these liberals accuse him of something from 38 years ago to the cheers of brain dead liberals who cheer the accuser as 100% honest and Cruz 100% guilty on the spot?

In a perfect world, that would be just great. Except, there is ONE reason you want that. You know it .... I know it ... the whole world knows it.

A follow up FBI investigation takes long enough to last through the November elections. Democrats hope to regain the Senate where they will CRATER this nomination no mater what the FBI says. If The Dems own the Senate and the FBI says "accusations cannot be proven" ... they will tell Kavanaugh to take a flying leap based on a million other reasons they will just make up.

If you don't believe that, you are lying to yourself.

The guy you’re responding to is not a serious poster . He parades around as this “moderate leaning lefties” but he’s as partisan as anyone else. His pathetic framing of this in reference to the smear campaign being done to Kavanaugh is appalling and disgusting.

He’s so partisan that he can’t even admit that MAYBE, just MAYBE, the mountain of non evidence and pathetic behavior by democrats like Feinstein conclude that this is a smear campaign .

i havent kept up on all of this as some of you have. but havent her own witnesses basically said they werent there and it didnt happen?

if she or her witnesses are unwilling to testify asap, they need to move on.

I was just thinking that since this thread is about Cruz and his opponent, Robert Francis O'Rourke, that we should consider the fact that Mr. O'Rourke has been arrested for burglary and for DWI, in addition to leaving the scene of an accident (yeah, he was drunk). Probably should have the FBI look into these convictions.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I was just thinking that since this thread is about Cruz and his opponent, Robert Francis O'Rourke, that we should consider the fact that Mr. O'Rourke has been arrested for burglary and for DWI, in addition to leaving the scene of an accident (yeah, he was drunk). Probably should have the FBI look into these convictions.
Nah. DUI and leaving the scene has been par for the course for Dems for decades. Hell, they’ll even excuse you for driving a girl home from a party drunk, getting into an accident and killing her, and then leaving the scene. For that you get to be the “Lion of the Senate.” Apparently there’s no #meetoo for dead female victims.

But have someone throw out an unsupported allegation (actually denied by every witness she can name) that you got drunk at a party and didn’t actually commit a rape, and your life is over buddy. No job for you. Ever again. And we’ll just harass everyone in your party for good measure.

What the hell is wrong with you Democrats?

How did Robert O’Rourke get the nickname “Beto” anyways?

Unverified 37 year old allegations are gospel for liberals but eyewitness accounts that this guy left someone for dead after driving drunk is “meh” for the liberal crowd

UnAmerican hypocrites

Spare us l the bullshit. You LOVE your fellow left wingers harassing this Cuban-American minority Senator and harassing/intimidating his wife at dinner.

I can tell since you used this story to redirect this where you want it to go- par for the course with you.

Stop deflecting and addressing the disgusting behavior by your fellow liberals.

How did Robert O’Rourke get the nickname “Beto” anyways?

Cultural appropriation. Beto is a nickname given to hispanic men whos given name is Roberto. They are doing this in a thinly veiled attempt to make it seem like they are running a hispanic. Of course, O'Rourke is as white as the day is long, being of Irish decendency.

Beto also left someone for dead on the side of the road after he crashed his car into them while driving drunk.

He fled the scene as reported by eyewitnesses.

A follow up FBI investigation takes long enough to last through the November elections. Democrats hope to regain the Senate where they will CRATER this nomination no mater what the FBI says.

Wow, that would be a horrendous, inexcusable slam against our Constitution! We all know those libs are evil and will do anything to get their way.

But such a dastardly act against the Will of the People would be paramount to treason, right?

To the credit of the left, it's the very radical left with Watters and others.
But it's becoming more and more 'mainstream,' and you can see that in the US media.

Before, the US media didn't want to 'draw attention to it.'
But now, they are writing articles on it.

I do like how Cruz handled it though.

Right now it's guilt-by-guilt-by-guilt-by-gulit of association.
You're a rapist, or at least a rapist sympathizer, if you backed the current SCOTUS nomination.

And before that, you were just against women.

you mean "try to get at the TRUTH"? LOL.....like the red hats want that. LOL.

hahaha....good one fried :)

This is why Hollywood lefties love the guy so much. He is all for abortion on demand and endangering the lives of people while driving hammered. He’s just like them.

You know the Usual Suspects here have run out of anything relevant to say when their 'stinging' rebuttal is about a politician who's been dead for nine years for crying out loud!

I'm surprised no one has brought up Hillary Clinton yet. She's always good for a Rightie rebuttal no matter the subject, right guys? :)

You know the Usual Suspects here have run out of anything relevant to say when their 'stinging' rebuttal is about a politician who's been dead for nine years for crying out loud!

I'm surprised no one has brought up Hillary Clinton yet. She's always good for a Rightie rebuttal no matter the subject, right guys? :)

You guys cheered for and constantly re-elected a guy who left a woman to die after driving drunk and she did, and then used his families power to never be held accountable for it

Pretty disgusting behavior IMO

You guys cheered for and constantly re-elected a guy who left a woman to die after driving drunk and she did, and then used his families power to never be held accountable for it. Pretty disgusting behavior IMO

Clearly, they can't help themselves. They just have to keep proving me right. :)

Wow, that would be a horrendous, inexcusable slam against our Constitution! We all know those libs are evil and will do anything to get their way.

But such a dastardly act against the Will of the People would be paramount to treason, right?

This response is exactly why politics is the way it is now. Thank you very much for summarizing it perfectly.

Let me paraphrase what you meant here "Oh...they wouldn't vote on Garland so we now have to have 4 crazies come out and ruin a guys life over total BS sexual assault charges in order to pay them back for what they did to us!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT