ADVERTISEMENT

Ted Roof was obviously No. 11

What’s the point of this thread Dumbo?
Let me add again....

You sure do a lot of name-calling for guy (gal or non binary or whatever your pronouns are today) who is ssssooooo sensitive about chicken-eaters.

I saw through your facade from Day 1. You didn't give a rip about UCF players being called "chicken eaters." You just wanted to start trouble so you pandered to sect of to UCF fans, who actually fell for your shenanigans.

It's cool, though, cause Gus put those conesisiurs of the sacred bird in the road!

Insane if I make a conversation out of replying to you. That I will not do, so with the period, I won't be replying to your nonsense. Troll away.
Wack job here is not posting anymore in this forum. Great news…don’t let the door hit you in the behind.

We'll see, for me, someone who did something 10 years ago isn't that impressive. Here's hoping he is a great hire.

We'll see, for me, someone who did something 10 years ago isn't that impressive. Here's hoping he is a great hire.
In all honesty, I was just smoking out Lobo, who feel squarely into my trap by opening his.

There is, however, cause for cautious optimism with Ted Roof.

No. 1, Brent Venables is one of only a handful of former national championship-winning defensive coordinators still coaching college football, and Venables hired Roof as his DC at Chokelahoma. While I little faith in Venables as a head coach, he is and has been one of the greatest defensive minds in all of college football for more than a decade. His hiring of Roof is a ringing endorsement.

No. 2, Roof has been a defensive coordinator in the Big 12 for the last two seasons. He is familiar with the teams in the league and understands the landscape of major college football.

No. 3, Roof's coaching style is a perfect match to the scheme UCF moved toward last season. Roof teaches an attacking style defensive front that gets penetration, causes disruption, and crates turnovers. UCF unsuccessfully attempted to do those things defensively last season and surrendered a ton of yards, especially in the run game. As an added bonus, Roof is one of the better halftime defensive adjusters in college football.

No. 4, Roof is competent is at stopping the run. Apparently, he will call the fronts and Addison Williams will call the coverages in conjunction with Roof. I have faith in Roof being able to put a more competent front six/seven on the field by mixing and matching the pieces from last year with the newcomers from the transfer portal and the incoming freshmen. UCF faces only three 2024 opponents that ranked in the Top 50 rushing nationally last season. Roof faced two of those three at Chokelahoma in 2023 and held West Virginia to 176 yards rushing and Cincinnati to 141.

I am far more concerned about Addison's defensive backfield where Gus brought in 9 new defensive backs to help Addison figure out the secondary--and for good reason. UCF will face five of the nation's Top 50 Passing Offenses from 2023 and six of the league's top eight returning quarterbacks in 2024.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT