ADVERTISEMENT

Terrence Lewis to enter portal

Never understood why there was so much hype for a player that never even played a game in college yet. Another year with a highly anticipated transfer that is a bust. Managed to make Joey Gatewood transfer look more useful.
Everyone but UCF passed on him when he went in the portal. He had shoulder and ACL surgery. He was kicked out of a high school for an alleged incident where his fist met the face of a female tutor. Manny and Mario both passed on him.

There were many reasons why he went to Maryland out of high school. UCF got a 3* transfer - UCF did not get a 5* transfer.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhDee
It doesn't make any sense to enter the portal at this point in the season and throw away practice opportunities. I'm starting to think he got the boot
Got the boot or his ego and pride got the better of him. Watching those “Last Chance U” shows when series went to Kansas, remembering that QB that got kicked out of FSU who had a ton of talent but couldn’t get out his own way…he constantly played the cancer when he didn’t start, just complained and undermined every coaching decision the whole time. Got same vibes with this decision, weak ego vibe.

Everyone but UCF passed on him when he went in the portal. He had shoulder and ACL surgery. He was kicked out of a high school for an alleged incident where his fist met the face of a female tutor. Manny and Mario both passed on him.

There were many reasons why he went to Maryland out of high school. UCF got a 3* transfer - UCF did not get a 5* transfer.
I am going to stick with he is a truly ELITE player who comes along once upon a lifetime until proven otherwise.

UCF is much better off without him. Just my opinion.
Only if he gets on the field and makes some tackles....until then he's only a hero in his own (and I guess your) mind.
I will say only what ole Bobby Bowden used to say....loosely translated...

"Having blue chip All Americans doesn't gaureentee you will win a national championship, but you sure as heck won't win one without them."

I think the kid is special--a true once-upon-a-lifetime talent--until the future proves otherwise.

We'll see. So far it is not looking so good, but the kid needs only one 'Yes' to make something of himself.

Everything plaguing him so far has had nothing to do with football.

I think someone mentioned that he transferred multiple times in HS too? Maybe some weight to that now after this. Really don’t know though, but something isn’t right here and it seems it’s with him and not with the coaching staff. Why would you announce this and not be able to actually transfer until December? Why not play out the year, get some experience and try?
He may be trying to leverage the coaching staff to move him up on on the depth chart. Obviously he has talent but for whatever reasons has been making poor choices in life.

I will say only what ole Bobby Bowden used to say....loosely translated...

"Having blue chip All Americans doesn't gaureentee you will win a national championship, but you sure as heck won't win one without them."

I think the kid is special--a true once-upon-a-lifetime talent--until the future proves otherwise.

We'll see. So far it is not looking so good, but the kid needs only one 'Yes' to make something of himself.

Everything plaguing him so far has had nothing to do with football.
uh yeah………………..football injuries (part of what is plaguing him) have everything to do with football.

uh yeah………………..football injuries (part of what is plaguing him) have everything to do with football.
Knocking the h*ll out of young women, not young men, is the reason he isn't playing football.

Yes, injures are part of the game. But injuries aren't why he continues to transfer.

I will add that being a POS human being and being an ELITE football player are not mutually exclusive. History shows this to be true.

EDIT: If I had to guess, he is gone because of a UCF Title IX compliance issue that had nothing to do with football.

Last edited:
Reactions: knightraveler
Knocking the h*ll out of young women, not young men, is the reason he isn't playing football.

Yes, injures are part of the game. But injuries aren't why he continues to transfer.

I will add that being a POS human being and being an ELITE football player are not mutually exclusive. History shows this to be true.

EDIT: If I had to guess, he is gone because of a UCF Title IX compliance issue that had nothing to do with football.
then why wasn’t he given the boot before fall camp?

the timing of whatever going on is weird

I think Terrance might be staying on the scout team for the season, red-shirt, and then re-evaluate.

I wonder if UCF talked him in to realizing his best option is to stay on the scout team and see what his options are at the end of the season.

Once he sees what his options are, he may realize he wants to stay.

I think Terrance might be staying on the scout team for the season, red-shirt, and then re-evaluate.

I wonder if UCF talked him in to realizing his best option is to stay on the scout team and see what his options are at the end of the season.

Once he sees what his options are, he may realize he wants to stay.
Scout team building legit talent

at this point I will just assume he’ll never have an on the field impact for UCF

do not envy college football coaches that have to deal with this

Star ratings mean nothing at this level. I wish the kid well but my observation is he either hasnt put the work in or he sinoly doesnt have the talent to beat out other guys on the team

Every CFB UCFan needs to recite this UCFact until it sinks in. Star ratings mean nothing at this level.

#UCFacts

Star ratings mean nothing at this level. I wish the kid well but my observation is he either hasnt put the work in or he sinoly doesnt have the talent to beat out other guys on the team
Or, needs more time to develop and is struggling with the fact that he went to being the best player in the country (in HS) to being behind some experienced FCS players.

Wouldn't be an easy thing to cope with if it was me. Would be an emotional situation, especially if I've always been the best at my craft.

If that is true he needs real help or his life will not turn out well. And we know that the first step to changing is admitting you have a problem in the first place.

Or, needs more time to develop and is struggling with the fact that he went to being the best player in the country (in HS) to being behind some experienced FCS players.

Wouldn't be an easy thing to cope with if it was me. Would be an emotional situation, especially if I've always been the best at my craft.
Or it is a compliance issue, and the staff cannot comment.

Tre'mon Morris Brash had a compliance issue and not a word was said publicly.

Just saying

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT