ADVERTISEMENT

Texas 2023 Game Cancelled

I've never understood the position that a person had to attend an institution before they can root for them. Are you saying I can't root for UCF since I never took a class there?

No you can’t root for UCF because of the jorts.

jort4.jpg

Please. You know nothing about me except that I am a Gator fan. As it happens, I have been rooting for UCF since ya'll got O'Leary after the Notre Dame fiasco. I also root for USF. I don't think a person needs a connection to a team in order to root for them. I am positive your AD feels the same way. Otherwise you are immediately alienating a gigantic portion of your potential audience.
I agree.

You could develop a fondness for a team because you like their style of play, because a lot of their games are on tV, etc.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Please. You know nothing about me except that I am a Gator fan. As it happens, I have been rooting for UCF since ya'll got O'Leary after the Notre Dame fiasco. I also root for USF. I don't think a person needs a connection to a team in order to root for them. I am positive your AD feels the same way. Otherwise you are immediately alienating a gigantic portion of your potential audience.
As a season ticket holder who likes cheap prices for good seats, I’m fine if UCF doesn’t get a flood of new bandwagon fans. The way it is now I know every person I see in a UCF shirt went to school there or know someone who did

As a season ticket holder who likes cheap prices for good seats, I’m fine if UCF doesn’t get a flood of new bandwagon fans. The way it is now I know every person I see in a UCF shirt went to school there or know someone who did

Bandwagon fans bring a TON of money to the school. I am all for bandwagon fans for whatever team I like. But I do see your point about keeping your costs low. Season tickets for UF games are crazy. Not the ticket price themselves, but the donor fee required to have the opportunity to purchase them.

I don't mind bandwagon fans but the bandwagon UF fan that could barely last a week at Sante Fe Community College talking down on UCF Academically are the worst. A close second is the Miami fans that attend all the other In state Public Universities and would root against their own university head to head all bc they went to High School south of Vero Beach.

Bandwagon fans bring a TON of money to the school. I am all for bandwagon fans for whatever team I like. But I do see your point about keeping your costs low. Season tickets for UF games are crazy. Not the ticket price themselves, but the donor fee required to have the opportunity to purchase them.
How does a bandwagon fan living in New Mexico bring money into the university?

And most people that root for bama know someone who went to Wal-Mart

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
When they buy UCF gear or send their child to UCF for school because they know UCF exists. Not to mention the macro of creating TV demand.
Most people don’t pick a school to attend 10K miles away based off of how good the football team is. Unless they are football players.

Most people don’t pick a school to attend 10K miles away based off of how good the football team is. Unless they are football players.

So answer me this. Why was your AD bragging about all of the free ($200 million+) advertising? The football team gives your school national exposure. That exposure brings in students. Oh, and you may want to check your geography. New Mexico is less than 2k miles away. ツ

Anyone figured out why we canceled this game? Typically we have pay money to cancel a scheduled game.

It was a 2 for 1. Hopefully they are forfeiting their return game.

It was 2 & 1. Two at Texas and one at UCF. You already played the home game at UCF (almost beat Texas - 35-32 final) and the first one at Texas (35-3 Texas). Texas cancelled the second game at Texas so they could add a series with Alabama.

Reactions: firm_bizzle

If anyone on this board didn’t actually go to UCF, speak now so we can excommunicate you :grimace:

If anyone on this board didn’t actually go to UCF, speak now so we can excommunicate you :grimace:
I know people on this board didn’t graduate from UCF. I’m not saying they aren’t legitimate fans. If they live within driving distance it’s perfectly normal to become a fan. But if you are born and raised in Orlando and didn’t attend Alabama, how can you justify being a fan of them other than because they win?

I know people on this board didn’t graduate from UCF. I’m not saying they aren’t legitimate fans. If they live within driving distance it’s perfectly normal to become a fan. But if you are born and raised in Orlando and didn’t attend Alabama, how can you justify being a fan of them other than because they win?
Yea I know I’m just being facetious

It was 2 & 1. Two at Texas and one at UCF. You already played the home game at UCF (almost beat Texas - 35-32 final) and the first one at Texas (35-3 Texas). Texas cancelled the second game at Texas so they could add a series with Alabama.
That as the last blemish/challenge on our future schedule. Now DW can schedule 1 and 1 P5's easier. That year we were going to have home games against a FCS school and FAU/FIU.

They might be Atlanta Braves fans and love the Braves A with that sweet mullet.

Reactions: clmssun

So a guy in Idaho can't watch UCF play and say "Hey, I like the way that team plays and conducts itself. I want to root for them to go all the way."? A guy can't root for the underdog or Cinderella story just because? You must be much younger than I am.

I have served on numerous university boards (as in more than one university) and we have always encouraged people to be our fans. More fans equals more money for the program and the university. Can you give me one reality based reason why you wouldn't want someone to be a UCF fan? Other than the reason @Stormthecourt? gave. I totally get that on a micro level.

So a guy in Idaho can't watch UCF play and say "Hey, I like the way that team plays and conducts itself. I want to root for them to go all the way."? A guy can't root for the underdog or Cinderella story just because? You must be much younger than I am.

I have served on numerous university boards (as in more than one university) and we have always encouraged people to be our fans. More fans equals more money for the program and the university. Can you give me one reality based reason why you wouldn't want someone to be a UCF fan? Other than the reason @Stormthecourt? gave. I totally get that on a micro level.
I don’t know how old you are but I’m probably getting towards the older bracket. But to answer your question all of the teams I like are for a personal reason. It isn’t because they were winning when I started liking them. My family is from Pittsburgh so I like all of the teams in that city. I was born in Cleveland area so I like the Cavs. I went to UCF so I like UCF. When I was growing up I liked Pitt and Penn State. I didn’t go to those schools so I don’t care about them anymore. I don’t think watching a team miles and miles away and saying, “Boy that team is good. I want to feel like a winner and buy their gear and go on social media and defend them with my last breath. “ That isn’t valid to me. As an owner or someone who profits you welcome them. I don’t gain anything from it so I don't need to associate with them. People who do that switch teams every 10 years when someone different becomes the hot team. I know people that in last 10 years has liked the Cavs, Heat and Warriors. That’s a true fan to you?

I root for Texas because my brother lives there and I traveled there for our first game there and loved the place. Does that count?

I was looking forward to returning to Austin. That was a fun road trip. Good BBQ.

Boise are jelly we stole their mantle as best of the rest. And that we won a natty
We dominated not 1, but 2, top 10 P5 Conference or Divisional Champions in both of our NY Bowl games. They squeaked by in a couple of theirs.

The only thing Boise has on us is their run of winning records. But they also have played in a much weaker conference than the AAC.

Reactions: Knight_Light
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT