ADVERTISEMENT

the American takes two out of three against the ACC

How's this for pathetic? We win the bowl series against the ACC 2-1.

Navy over Pittsburgh in the Military Bowl

Houston over FSU in the Peach Bowl

Tulsa loses by three to Virginia Tech in the Independence Bowl.

And Tulsa wasn't anything great. Wonder how Houston would have played Clemson? Maybe we're better than the ACC using the logic of a few.

Last edited:
They have always been a bad P5 conference. FSU and Clemson have the easiest path to the title every year

Are they really that bad?? National Title game 2 out of the past 3 years and 1 title. Last year, FSU in the playoffs.
Pitt, Maryland, Louisville, V-tech, Duke. North Carolina, and NC State. That's 9 teams and Miiami isn't the Miami of old, but they are far from terrible. They also beat up on each other which counts only for the SEC? I admit Syracuse, Wake Forest and Virginia suck, but every conference this size has 1-3 teams that do.

They aren't really that bad, its just whatever success the American has against the power conferences, the naysayers make up excuses.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Clinging to a conference to make 0-12 feel better. Cmon. It's "they" not "we" you little blowhard

0-12 is over with...hopefully...get over yourself. We seemed to agree we wanted GOL gone with. Now he is.
You lose me with the anti-UCF comments across the board. Go cheer for your favorite SEC team on their boards you little troll.

0-12 is over with...hopefully...get over yourself. We seemed to agree we wanted GOL gone with. Now he is.
You lose me with the anti-UCF comments across the board. Go cheer for your favorite SEC team on their boards you little troll.

Nah I root for UCF too. You all just need a serious reality check.

Are they really that bad?? National Title game 2 out of the past 3 years and 1 title. Last year, FSU in the playoffs.
Pitt, Maryland, Louisville, V-tech, Duke. North Carolina, and NC State. That's 9 teams and Miiami isn't the Miami of old, but they are far from terrible. They also beat up on each other which counts only for the SEC? I admit Syracuse, Wake Forest and Virginia suck, but every conference this size has 1-3 teams that do.
The level of football commitment has always been lacking in the ACC. This gives FSU and Clemson a clear path to the NC because they actually give a damn. I'm surprised that it has taken Clemson so long to get there. They also rack up the recruits because of the lack of competition.

Reactions: UCFhonors
The level of football commitment has always been lacking in the ACC. This gives FSU and Clemson a clear path to the NC because they actually give a damn. I'm surprised that it has taken Clemson so long to get there. They also rack up the recruits because of the lack of competition.
This argument made more sense in the early 90s. Oh how we forget what the ACC was supposed to be when the Big East lost Miami, Va Tech and Boston College.

Are they (ACC) really that bad?? National Title game 2 out of the past 3 years and 1 title. Last year, FSU in the playoffs.

They? 14 full time members....yes. "they" are that bad.

Last edited:
This argument made more sense in the early 90s. Oh how we forget what the ACC was supposed to be when the Big East lost Miami, Va Tech and Boston College.

Miami lives off location and Virginia Tech does care but not at the level of FSU and Clemson. Jumbo Fisher racks up recruits because they don't want to get hurt before going to the NFL facing real competition in the SEC.

I was thinking the same thing :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT