ADVERTISEMENT

The NFL vs. Patriotic Americans: The OfficialThread

The orange raccoon is just pissed that he destroyed the usfl and the NFL beat his ass in court to the tune of $1.

Oooooooooh we got an internet badass that "doesn't care anymore" man you are so edgy.

I'm not sure where you got that idea? It's not that i'm a badass, it's just that i'm getting old. The older you are, the more you start to realize that politicians are going to be politicians no matter the party.

If you are going to bellyache every time Trump or Pence do something for PR, you better go buy a case of tums.

I'm not sure where you got that idea? It's not that i'm a badass, it's just that i'm getting old. The older you are, the more you start to realize that politicians are going to be politicians no matter the party.

If you are going to bellyache every time Trump or Pence do something for PR, you better go buy a case of tums.

Cool you are right, instead of complaining Everytime Obama did something ****ed up I should have just accepted it. Same with Trump. I'll just embrace mediocrity.

Cool you are right, instead of complaining Everytime Obama did something ****ed up I should have just accepted it. Same with Trump. I'll just embrace mediocrity.

When talking about politicians, that is a pretty good policy.

You will learn.

When talking about politicians, that is a pretty good policy.

You will learn.

Thanks for the tips pops! But I thought Trump wasn't a politician, so he shouldn't be doing the same shit that they pull? I thought he was gonna MAGA, drain the swamp, grab the pussy, etc?

Thanks for the tips pops! But I thought Trump wasn't a politician, so he shouldn't be doing the same shit that they pull? I thought he was gonna MAGA, drain the swamp, grab the pussy, etc?

You thought wrong.

lots of rumors that the nfl is getting ready to require the players to stand for the anthem. just like i called it.

You thought wrong.

Why do I have to explain sarcasm to the same certain subset of people on here. This is not what I thought, it's what the Trumpets have been screaching about constantly trying to justify his idiotic behavior.

Why do I have to explain sarcasm to the same certain subset of people on here. This is not what I thought, it's what the Trumpets have been screaching about constantly trying to justify his idiotic behavior.

Apparently you used your sarcastic logic on the wrong person? So instead of blaming the "certain subset" of people, maybe you should have the ability to adjust to whom you are speaking with. Know your audience.

I don't like Trump. I would NEVER vote for Hillary. My choices were limited last November.

P.S. The only thing I like about Trump is his "drain the swamp" rhetoric. If he gets even 25% of the people in DC to quit their jobs or get fired I will consider that a success. Otherwise, he will accomplish nothing because he has no friends.

Reactions: Knight_Light
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-teams-charitable-efforts-part-protests-running-list-134152884.html

it appears some of the players are doing something in their local communities other than just take a knee.

Nice, but mostly for show. Most of this accounts to a few days every few months that these guys go out and put out the image they they're "doing something". Just remember, many of the people defending these protests are the same people who shit all over Tim Tebow during his career for being TOO CHRISTIAN! Which is ironic since Tebow does more for communities and disadvantaged people in one year than all of these guys combined will do in their careers.

Nice, but mostly for show. Most of this accounts to a few days every few months that these guys go out and put out the image they they're "doing something". Just remember, many of the people defending these protests are the same people who shit all over Tim Tebow during his career for being TOO CHRISTIAN! Which is ironic since Tebow does more for communities and disadvantaged people in one year than all of these guys combined will do in their careers.
i agree its mostly window dressing and likely wont last more than a month or 2 at best.

chlwn.jpg

Reactions: MACHater02
Not discounting that there's some effect as a result of the protests; but, I, as someone that views the protests differently than the faux raging, snowflake, convenient constitutionalists, think the NFL just blows this year. Maybe it was the same last year, but the games are almost completely devoid of entertainment value.

Not discounting that there's some effect as a result of the protests; but, I, as someone that views the protests differently than the faux raging, snowflake, convenient constitutionalists, think the NFL just blows this year. Maybe it was the same last year, but the games are almost completely devoid of entertainment value.

I find these kneelers to be assholes. But, you're right. The NFL sucks.

But it's not new, it's been this way for a while. Watch CFB all Saturday, turn on the NFL on Sunday, and you'll be totally underwhelmed. It's a boring, bland product and now most of its' "stars" are old or now injured.

I plan all of my weekend outings on Sunday now. I have absolutely no desire to even attempt to watch NFL games. I flipped to the Bucs game yesterday, saw that they were being demolished, and turned it off while laughing.

Meanwhile we watch most every Lightning game nightly. The product is 2000000x better.

Yep . I don’t agree with the kneeling but it’s not a big thing with me and has no effect on me watching . They just don’t have a particularly entertaining product right now . It’s hard to watch .

Reactions: EweSeaEff
not to mention several teams relocating all at the same time. im guessing a lot of people in st louis, san diego, and oakland arent watching a lot of nfl these days.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/houston-texans-comment-sundays-inmate-protests-024423428.html

Texans owner Bob McNair made nationwide news late this week when an ESPN report revealed he offered the highly unfortunate phrase, “We can’t have the inmates running the prison” in an owners’ discussion about players’ concerns. McNair apologized on at least two occasions, but that wasn’t enough for the Texans, who decided to stage some form of protest as a team.

lol

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/houston-texans-comment-sundays-inmate-protests-024423428.html

Texans owner Bob McNair made nationwide news late this week when an ESPN report revealed he offered the highly unfortunate phrase, “We can’t have the inmates running the prison” in an owners’ discussion about players’ concerns. McNair apologized on at least two occasions, but that wasn’t enough for the Texans, who decided to stage some form of protest as a team.

lol

Such a stupid but predictable overreaction from the players. This phrase has been used tons and tons and tons of times when describing situations where there is perceived chaos and a lack of top down control in an organization. It has absolutely nothing to do with being a racist or actually viewing players as inmates.

I LMAO when one Texan player had his left hand over the right side of his chest while kneeling during yesterday's national anthem.

Those clowns are soooo screwed up what they are suppose to be mad at, that idiot had no idea where his heart is located.

I LMAO when one Texan player had his left hand over the right side of his chest while kneeling during yesterday's national anthem.

Those clowns are soooo screwed up what they are suppose to be mad at, that idiot had no idea where his heart is located.
90% of people don't know where is located and they put their hand over their left lung not the heart.

As NFL players take a knee, Papa John's says its pizza sales are taking a hit.

The national chain, the official pizza sponsor of the National Football League, is blaming its declining sales on the league, saying it's failing to handle the ongoing protests by football players who kneel during the national anthem to protest racial injustice.

"The NFL leadership has hurt Papa John's shareholders," CEO John Schnatter said during an analyst call on Wednesday. "The NFL has been a long and valued partner over the years. But we're certainly disappointed that the NFL and its leadership did not resolve the ongoing situation to the satisfaction of all parties long ago. This should've been nipped in the bud a year and half ago."

Papa John's has complained directly to the NFL about its decreased in-game pizza sales, according to the New York Business Journal.

Fewer people are watching NFL games. Nielsen ratings were down 5% for the first eight weeks of the current season from the same period in 2016, and down 18.7% from 2015.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...es-due-mishandling-anthem-protests/821368001/

It seemed like such a simpler time when this was the manufactured outrage du jour. Red hats could rage and burn their jerseys, and not threaten the livelihood of millions of Americans being the mindless drones that they are.

Reactions: MavTechKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT