ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Harris to be new Offensive Coordinator?

What happened to Hinshaw?
Who cares?

Hopefully, Hinshaw moves to co-offensive coordinator/passing game coordinator/quarterbacks coach. Harris returns to co-offensive coordinator/running game coordinator/running backs coach. Cam Martin moves back off the field, and Gus returns to calling plays.

The world would be a much better place.

RJ Harvey's development came under Harris. No running back developed into a complete back under Martin's watch.

Last edited:

@LoboCane Does this mean I win the RB room argument?

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Studios 2016

General fanbase, "Gus is out-dated, doesn't change, doesn't recruit the portal for position needs, doesn't make coaching changes, and in general is just collecting a paycheck."

Same General fanbase, "Why are we making so many changes and grabbing so many kids from the portal? Is this guy crazy? I don't understand what is going on. Something must be wrong"

BTW, Hinshaw also has the ability to go get a new role (and bigger paycheck) as well. I guess we'll eventually find out what is going on.

Who cares?

Hopefully, Hinshaw moves to co-offensive coordinator/passing game coordinator/quarterbacks coach. Harris returns to co-offensive coordinator/running game coordinator/running backs coach. Cam Martin moves back off the field, and Gus returns to calling plays.

The world would be a much better place.

RJ Harvey's development came under Harris. No running back developed into a complete back under Martin's watch.
You're full of shit in so many ways....RJ's success (that's what counts) was under Hinshaw. He doubled his production last year (under Hinshaw's watch). Coming into the season he's in a great position to compete for the Doak Walker and raise his draft status significantly. He doesn't need Harris to take over the OC job. As far as Gus calling the plays, are you kidding me? The guy finally turned over some of the play calling and he should turn over all of it. Our O improved despite a lack of focus at QB (thanks to Gus handing the job to a 50% of the time FB player). Get Gus into a GM role...period. No play calling. If this helps accomplish that then I'm for it 100%. If it doesn't it's a waste of money.

You're full of shit in so many ways....RJ's success (that's what counts) was under Hinshaw. He doubled his production last year (under Hinshaw's watch). Coming into the season he's in a great position to compete for the Doak Walker and raise his draft status significantly. He doesn't need Harris to take over the OC job. As far as Gus calling the plays, are you kidding me? The guy finally turned over some of the play calling and he should turn over all of it. Our O improved despite a lack of focus at QB (thanks to Gus handing the job to a 50% of the time FB player). Get Gus into a GM role...period. No play calling. If this helps accomplish that then I'm for it 100%. If it doesn't it's a waste of money.
Dude ...

Where to begin?

I am trying to figure out whether you are defending Hinshaw's play calling (from Gus's call sheet that specifies what play to call based on down-and-distance, score, and script) or RJ Harvey's player development (that occured completely under Tim Harris Jr's time.)

I don't recall any other backs this past season being praised for their blitz pickups or high PFF marks aside of Harris. In fact, if you took Harris out of the lineup, UCF became a one-trick pony.

Gus inherited QBs from Josh Heupel. They all left the program. Granted I liked Mikey Keene! He left too. Gus won 13 games with a WR starting at QB intermittently over the last two seasons.

UCF is better today than it was yesterday regardless of what happens next.

Dude ...

Where to begin?

I am trying to figure out whether you are defending Hinshaw's play calling (from Gus's call sheet that specifies what play to call based on down-and-distance, score, and script) or RJ Harvey's player development (that occured completely under Tim Harris Jr's time.)

I don't recall any other backs this past season being praised for their blitz pickups or high PFF marks aside of Harris. In fact, if you took Harris out of the lineup, UCF became a one-trick pony.

Gus inherited QBs from Josh Heupel. They all left the program. Granted I liked Mikey Keene! He left too. Gus won 13 games with a WR starting at QB intermittently over the last two seasons.

UCF is better today than it was yesterday regardless of what happens next.
We'll soon find out if UCF is better today than yesterday, but I certainly hope so. In fact, we'd better be. Just a reminder, we had a 5-game losing streak and our lack of leadership was a big reason. A lot of that lack of leadership is directly tied to the HC. So how about you get your head out of Gus's butt, stop cheerleading for him and be realistic. You haven't been since your first post on this board.

The Top 3 Power 4 programs that improved the most as a result of signing a transfer QB position based on career statistical production of the new transfer versus the previous starter.

1. Miami*
Cam Ward 13,856 passing yards
Tyler Van Dyke 7,469
+6,387 passing yards

3. UCF
KJ Jefferson 7,911
John Rhys Plumlee 5,838
+2,073

2. Baylor
Dequan Finn 7,079
Blake Sharpen 5,574
+1,505

*Half (6,908 yards) of the production came at a lower level of football.

Gus pulls in a former yes man to replace his current yes man?
Not exactly. Gus apparently canned Hugh Freeze bag man Grant Heard and replaced him with Gus Yes man Tim Harris Jr.

Can't wait for Jordan Lyle to follow Harris to UCF during the spring transfer portal window.

Ok, so Hinshaw and Harris will coordinate the offense. 2 is better than 1, except Gus is still meddling in the offense so I guess it's more recruiting power.
Harris is the OC. Hinshaw just has a title…he’s now the QB coach.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Knight59
Gus is the OC. Harris may be the new play sheet holder during games.

Cancel that!!!

"It’s believed Gus Malzahn will be the full time playcaller," per my dawg Stephen Leonard.

Sister Act Reaction GIF
An OC can call plays or the head coach call the plays…he’s still the OC. Malzahn screwing with the offense like he has done his entire head coaching career.

Reactions: Knight59
Just think all the South Florida recruiting contacts Tim Harris acquired the short stint working down there!

Welcome back. Didn't see this coming but wasn't paying attention either.

Go Knights!
He was also Booker Washington HS coach with FIU,also, in Miami

This feels like a too many cooks in the kitchen situation. 2 people with an “OC” title, but Gus is back to calling plays? Either he once again couldn’t handle the lack of control of playcalling after a year, or he never actually relinquished playcalling duties as some have suspected

This feels like a too many cooks in the kitchen situation. 2 people with an “OC” title, but Gus is back to calling plays? Either he once again couldn’t handle the lack of control of playcalling after a year, or he never actually relinquished playcalling duties as some have suspected
There’s one OC…that’s Harris. Co-OC is just a title to get paid more money.

Gus had no alternative but to take back control over play calling after the poor showing in the Gasparilla Bowl where RJ Harvey received a near season-low 15 rushes despite averaging 8 yards a carry against the nation's 128th-ranked rushing defense.

3e7cccaf-fd7d-4e3e-8ade-69ceb3d2a7fc_text.gif

Last edited:
Gus had no alternative but to take back control over play calling after the poor showing in the Gasparilla Bowl where RJ Harvey received a near season-low 15 rushes despite averaging 8 yards a carry against the nation's 128th-ranked rushing defense.

3e7cccaf-fd7d-4e3e-8ade-69ceb3d2a7fc_text.gif
Lmao. He has a gimmick offense that disappears at the sight of a decent offense. What happened the year before against Duke?

Ole head is known for screwing with the offense.

Safe to say any OC that wants to be a play caller won't even entertain interviewing with Malzahn.
Of course he will never get a legit OC. Happy for Tim as this is a nice promotion for him. TH has never been an OC and he has never coached WRs.

Obviously, Malzahn will “officially” calls plays now. Dude has a huge ego and wants the credit since he got KJ. It could easily backfire on him.

Right now I think Malzahn is envisioning 2010. Kj Jefferson is Cam Newton. Working alongside Ted Roof. I wouldn't be surprised if the play calling is a duplicate of that 2010 season.

Reactions: Yaes and LoboCane
Right now I think Malzahn is envisioning 2010. Kj Jefferson is Cam Newton. Working alongside Ted Roof. I wouldn't be surprised if the play calling is a duplicate of that 2010 season.
46e552a0-005a-4779-820c-47b8b06d27f1_text.gif

Gonna see lots of QB Power...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT