ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Harris to be new Offensive Coordinator?

Gus’ starting QB has gotten injured for multiple weeks in each of his 3 years here. He better have a backup plan when he runs KJ into the ground
Agreed but AL1 wants TM to leave after Spring Practice… a “chicken eater” per AL1.

Gus had no alternative but to take back control over play calling after the poor showing in the Gasparilla Bowl where RJ Harvey received a near season-low 15 rushes despite averaging 8 yards a carry against the nation's 128th-ranked rushing defense.

3e7cccaf-fd7d-4e3e-8ade-69ceb3d2a7fc_text.gif
Gus took back control of offense against Oklahoma State last year.

• Wow
Reactions: Yaes
2 DCs too right? 2 HCs, well an assistant really. Why not 2 of everything? But hey, at least Gus is really trying to win this year, that's something. So, if we get the same results, can we can him? 3 years of not really trying and 1 of really trying and getting the same result? Maybe next year we can have 5 of each and really, really, double dare try to win. Maybe on important 2 point conversions we can have a DE throw the pass. After all that sarcasm, at least he actually is trying to make improvements and not staying steady.

Gus had no alternative but to take back control over play calling after the poor showing in the Gasparilla Bowl where RJ Harvey received a near season-low 15 rushes despite averaging 8 yards a carry against the nation's 128th-ranked rushing defense.

3e7cccaf-fd7d-4e3e-8ade-69ceb3d2a7fc_text.gif
It says Gasparilla Bowl. It was weeks before the bowl. Closer to 2 months before.

It says Gasparilla Bowl. It was weeks before the bowl. Closer to 2 months before.
Yes.

The YouTube video I posted under Stephens' reply as well as the gif I posted here are from an Almost Famous scene that highlights people lying to cast themselves in a better light.

Asked about their ages, the characters say they are 18, 17, and then 16. Finally, the girl says "Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different," followed by the main character admitting he is really only 15.

Basically, I was saying the narrative that Gus "took over the offense after the bowl game" casts a better light because the offense sucked in L's against Texas Tech and against Georgia Tech, both of which followed the Oklahoma State game.

After researching, however, I admit I am wrong.

UCF averaged 28 points per game and 495 yards of total offense against Okie State, Texas Tech, Houston, and Georgia Tech.

The four games prior against Oklahoma, West Virginia, Cincinnati, and Kansas, the Knights averaged only 26.7 ppg and 406 yards of total offense.

Furthermore, from the Oklahoma State game forward, UCF produced 420 yards or more of total offense in every outing.

One question remains to be asked ...

What does it say about the future of the Miami and UCF football programs that a former Miami HOF player and position coach would leave Wario and the u after just one season to return to Gus and UCF in a less-than-lateral move to coach a position that he never played or coached before?

@LoboCane would have y'all believe Harris Jr. returned for the title of offensive coordinator, but he had been named co-offensive coordinator at UCF prior to going to Corral Gables. Some outlets are even reporting/labeling Harris Jr. as the "co-offensive coordinator" and wide receivers coach.

Can't wait to read this response....

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Last edited:

What does it say about the future of the Miami and UCF football programs that a former Miami HOF player and position coach would leave Wario and the u after just one season to return to Gus and UCF in a less-than-lateral move to coach a position that he never played or coached before?

@LoboCane would have y'all believe Harris Jr. returned for the title of offensive coordinator, but he had been named co-offensive coordinator at UCF prior to going to Corral Gables. Some outlets are even reporting/labeling Harris Jr. as the "co-offensive coordinator" and wide receivers coach.

Bored Cabin Fever GIF
His reply will be more jumbled than a Joe Biden word salad

Amirite lefties? Love you

• Haha
Reactions: connerito

Bored Cabin Fever GIF
Lol. He was a RB coach at Miami for one year and is now OC and WR coach at UCF. I can assure you that zero Miami fans care.

46e552a0-005a-4779-820c-47b8b06d27f1_text.gif

Gonna see lots of QB Power...

Bingo!

Gus from the video seemed to say he is going to be doing more play calling and he
knows he can ride the QB RPO play with Jefferson. RPO left, RPO right, oh just QB up the middle this time...

The problem with last OC Hinshaw is you can't stretch the field with 2 WR set but
now that won't be a problem anymore and it makes sense to hire RB coach to be co-OC.

Hinshaw is number 3 in the play calling pecking order now with an occasional 2 WR set play suggestion.

Hinshaw was the only reason we tried throwing deep and it worked. Guess we're going back to buck sweeps and bubble screens.
The only thing Gus deserves is this rhyme.....liar, liar, pants on fire....and his pants are not on fire because of Darin Hinshaw. It's because of the 50% dedicated QB that Gus insisted play whenever healthy because "he's one of the most dangerous QB's in the country" and our porous D. But Darin's taking the fall. The titles don't matter, Gus will be calling the plays and running the show. The titles are all a smokescreen. After his promise last year that he was "handing off the play calling to Hinshaw and staying out of the way because it's too big a job for him to do alone", Gus is going back to being Gus. As long as he's HC, and with the AD in his back pocket, it's what we got. But, no doubt, there's a lot of pressure from the big donors on Gus (and the AD) and there should be. He has to produce this year if he wants to stick around beyond 2025. And unless Gus produces, the AD will get fired if he does another extension without better results. Gus and the AD are living off his "recruiting", but it means nothing if you don't win. IMHO, Gus gets this last chance to produce and if he doesn't, they'll move him out. I hope he produces but by his taking over the play calling, I've got real concerns. For right now, he's counting on KJ and a revamped D to be his savior. At least he's focused on the right areas and it's all we've got so I'll be pulling for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guinness_Knight
The only thing Gus deserves is this rhyme.....liar, liar, pants on fire....and his pants are not on fire because of Darin Hinshaw. It's because of the 50% dedicated QB that Gus insisted play whenever healthy because "he's one of the most dangerous QB's in the country" and our porous D. But Darin's taking the fall. The titles don't matter, Gus will be calling the plays and running the show. The titles are all a smokescreen. After his promise last year that he was "handing off the play calling to Hinshaw and staying out of the way because it's too big a job for him to do alone", Gus is going back to being Gus. As long as he's HC, and with the AD in his back pocket, it's what we got. But, no doubt, there's a lot of pressure from the big donors on Gus (and the AD) and there should be. He has to produce this year if he wants to stick around beyond 2025. And unless Gus produces, the AD will get fired if he does another extension without better results. Gus and the AD are living off his "recruiting", but it means nothing if you don't win. IMHO, Gus gets this last chance to produce and if he doesn't, they'll move him out. I hope he produces but by his taking over the play calling, I've got real concerns. For right now, he's counting on KJ and a revamped D to be his savior. At least he's focused on the right areas and it's all we've got so I'll be pulling for him.
How do we know the A.D. didn’t tell him that if he doesn’t have success this year, it could be a problem. GM response may be, let me do the playcalling and see how it goes. There is no doubt now that GM has full control over the football program. He may have had it the whole time, most probably. He’s done a wonderful job, recruiting, and handling that aspect now he needs to have more success on the field. There is no doubt that we left 1-3 games on the table that we should’ve/could’ve won . The AD and school, imo, has given him every tool to succeed. We will see hopefully for UCFs sake he does have success.

• Love
Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
There is no doubt now that GM has full control over the football program. He may have had it the whole time, most probably. He’s done a wonderful job, recruiting, and handling that aspect now he needs to have more success on the field. There is no doubt that we left 1-3 games on the table that we should’ve/could’ve won . The AD and school, imo, has given him every tool to succeed. We will see hopefully for UCFs sake he does have success.
Now you are spitting facts Brother!

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

How do we know the A.D. didn’t tell him that if he doesn’t have success this year, it could be a problem. GM response may be, let me do the playcalling and see how it goes. There is no doubt now that GM has full control over the football program. He may have had it the whole time, most probably. He’s done a wonderful job, recruiting, and handling that aspect now he needs to have more success on the field. There is no doubt that we left 1-3 games on the table that we should’ve/could’ve won . The AD and school, imo, has given him every tool to succeed. We will see hopefully for UCFs sake he does have success.
I'd bet the AD did tell him that. Like I mentioned, there's lots of pressure from the big donors. And with all these changes, it's obvious that Gus knows that it's a put up (produce victories) or shut up (move along) season. One thing for sure, all UCF fans want the team to succeed so we're all hoping that these moves work out successfully. But if they don't the buck stops at the HC.

Our AD extended Gus's Contract after blowing a 28 pt lead!

Ok, so Hinshaw and Harris will coordinate the offense. 2 is better than 1, except Gus is still meddling in the offense so I guess it's more recruiting power.
It really seems ridiculous doesn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT