ADVERTISEMENT

To be honest...

Miltonian

Bronze Knight
Jan 30, 2017
As nice as it wouldve been to keep Beckton and Walters, id almost rather have CJH bring in his own guys who he knows he works well with rather than forcing 2 old staff to acclimate to his ways.

I feel like there also may have been some resentment if Walters stayed on as OC and not HC eventually and that could lead to problems down the road.

I trust Heupel will make good hires, already started with Glen Elarbee who is a heck of an OL coach and may be our new OC/AC

Reactions: Mikesi
I trust Heupel will make good hires, already started with Glen Elarbee who is a heck of an OL coach and may be our new OC/AC

Elarbee is a freaking magician with the OL. While at Arkansas State, his OL had more success against Mizzou's DL than most SEC schools we played that year. At Mizzou the cupboard was bare at OL when he was hired and he took what he had and got them to play as an effective unit. It wasn't the first week, but it was impressive how far they came in a year.

I didn't want to lose Heupel or Elarbee, but if I could steal one back it would be Elarbee.

Elarbee is a freaking magician with the OL. While at Arkansas State, his OL had more success against Mizzou's DL than most SEC schools we played that year. At Mizzou the cupboard was bare at OL when he was hired and he took what he had and got them to play as an effective unit. It wasn't the first week, but it was impressive how far they came in a year.

I didn't want to lose Heupel or Elarbee, but if I could steal one back it would be Elarbee.

Thanks for the info. Will any recruits possibly flip?

Thanks. That makes me feel a lot better about things. I have been reading up on him Seems like a really solid hire.

We have now have 3 or 4 solid coaches on staff so far.

Sorry that you lost your 2 coaches to us. Our entire staff has left to Nebraska.

Thanks for the info. Will any recruits possibly flip?
We have about 4 OL in this weekend. The timing of Elarbee's departure is not happy for us. This is musical chairs time of year. There are a couple of recruits who aren't going to visit because of JH and GE departures. But we seem poised to flip a few to the home team that were very coveted, so things work out.

Will any flip to UCF? Who knows. I haven't heard anything, but surprises happen. If they do I hope it's now and not later.

As nice as it wouldve been to keep Beckton and Walters, id almost rather have CJH bring in his own guys who he knows he works well with rather than forcing 2 old staff to acclimate to his ways.

I feel like there also may have been some resentment if Walters stayed on as OC and not HC eventually and that could lead to problems down the road.

I'd rather you lie to me

We have about 4 OL in this weekend. The timing of Elarbee's departure is not happy for us. This is musical chairs time of year. There are a couple of recruits who aren't going to visit because of JH and GE departures. But we seem poised to flip a few to the home team that were very coveted, so things work out.

Will any flip to UCF? Who knows. I haven't heard anything, but surprises happen. If they do I hope it's now and not later.

Good luck! Hope things work out for you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT