ADVERTISEMENT

Todd McShay sideline commentary during the Memphis game

Poolside Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Apr 2, 2007
1. He was basically calling out Chins for calling a terrible game multiple times. There were a couple Memphis big play TDs where he didn't even try to hide that Chins put the players in a bad position to be successful.

2. Even with all the distractions Frost called an amazing game. McShay mentioned that Frost has the game eve tradition of memorizing/ repeating the calls to himself the night before the game. He was impressed by how fast Frost would get the calls in to Milton from the sideline, that quick reaction is what keeps the opposing defenses & defensive coordinators off-guard.

That was the funniest game to watch. I was loving it.

Didn’t UCF commit 5 turnovers? That doesn’t help a defense.

That was the funniest game to watch. I was loving it.

Didn’t UCF commit 5 turnovers? That doesn’t help a defense.
Memphis started better than their 35 just once before the interception with 14 seconds left. There were 4 turnovers. 2 were intercepted in the end zone and Memphis has a long field. The fumble was the only sort field.

Never seen that many blown coverages over a 2 game span as in those last two weeks.

I hope he gives a shit for the Peach Bowl bc the kids deserve it. pisses me off if the rumors about him are true, could have cost UCF an undefeated season

Never seen that many blown coverages over a 2 game span as in those last two weeks.

I hope he gives a shit for the Peach Bowl bc the kids deserve it. pisses me off if the rumors about him are true, could have cost UCF an undefeated season

Is there anyone that actually understands how this Bowl prep situation is going to work with potentially the entire Nebraska staff being our 2017 staff? So confusing.

rumors you say??? i enjoy a good rumor every now and again

Supposedly, after Chins knew that he and Frost were going to Nebraska, he wasn't putting in the same level of effort to get the defense ready the last two games. Supposedly another assistant coach (possibly Beckton?) called him out on it and told him to get his s*** together or get out.

Supposedly, after Chins knew that he and Frost were going to Nebraska, he wasn't putting in the same level of effort to get the defense ready the last two games. Supposedly another assistant coach (possibly Beckton?) called him out on it and told him to get his s*** together or get out.
If that’s true, he shouldn’t be allowed to go near the team. It’s a shame, I met chins and he seemed like a nice dude.

Reactions: 80'sKnight

To the surprise of Nebraska fans, the decision to come back to Nebraska was a whole lot closer than we thought! According to frost he did not make the decision to come to Nebraska until the week of the championship game. I think he was close to staying in Orlando because he loved it so much, so I don’t think Chins quit game prep 2 weeks ago when frost hadn’t made up his mind yet. Everybody here thought frost was a lock to come back home and had made the decision many weeks ago but apparently this was not the case!

To the surprise of Nebraska fans, the decision to come back to Nebraska was a whole lot closer than we thought! According to frost he did not make the decision to come to Nebraska until the week of the championship game. I think he was close to staying in Orlando because he loved it so much, so I don’t think Chins quit game prep 2 weeks ago when frost hadn’t made up his mind yet. Everybody here thought frost was a lock to come back home and had made the decision many weeks ago but apparently this was not the case!
I thought Frost was a lock for UCF in 2018. Nebraska fans thought the opposite. He obviously wasn’t either, but basically he could have flipped his decision the last minute and your statement supports that. Then, instead of looking like the goat, i would be gloating all over the place to the Nebraska Trolls. Oh well.., I was wrong, but I went down swinging

12-0, Peach Bowl, new promising coach, and an amazing DC.

All is pretty “Peachy“ around here right now, however I’m totally against at least certain coaches coming back to coach the Bowl game. Not my decision. I think Danny White is focusing on that now

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I thought Frost was a lock for UCF in 2018. Nebraska fans thought the opposite. He obviously wasn’t either, but basically he could have flipped his decision the last minute and your statement supports that. Then, instead of looking like the goat, i would be gloating all over the place to the Nebraska Trolls. Oh well.., I was wrong, but I went down swinging

12-0, Peach Bowl, new promising coach, and an amazing DC.

All is pretty “Peachy“ around here right now, however I’m totally against at least certain coaches coming back to coach the Bowl game. Not my decision. I think Danny White is focusing on that now
Still up in the air if Frost coaches UCF in 2018

Peach Bowl Jan 1, 2018

Reactions: Mikesi
Chins totally quit on the team and one of the coaches got into a verbal confrontation on how he threw the towel in. Good riddance that guy is a quitter

The guys were dead tired after 11 straight weeks.

No doubt that's true. But the breakdowns in the secondary are an indicator that the players were confused about coverage.

That happens to every team once in a while. But when you have multiple plays in each of the last two games where the players are looking around at each other wondering who was supposed to be covering the receiver that just caught a pass...that's on coaches not preparing the team.

Reactions: BG_Knightmare
If DC Shannon is intelligent, he can learn the current defense book and calls and can call the defense for the Bowl. Bring Bell in immediately so he can introduce the defense to their arms and can spend the next 3 plus weeks telling them that they can actually use them. Only want the previous defense coaches back if they promise to work like they did the first 4 weeks.

As for the offense, my unrealistic dream would be let the old HC come back and then right before game time tell him he's an honorary HC and Walters is calling the game. He can have some input if he wants. Yes I know it's un-workable but would love a last minute insult.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT