ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Williams New DC

The staff rises!

EuXJaAXXMAonRjR

Last edited:
Hopefully he got to know some south Florida kids and coaches with his cup of coffee there.
I'll be curious if someone can locate the lead recruiters for Miami's recent Florida-heavy class. I have no idea.

It would be a great bonus if he is an active recruiter. The little I have heard about him as a coach has been positive.

I'll be curious if someone can locate the lead recruiters for Miami's recent Florida-heavy class. I have no idea.

It would be a great bonus if he is an active recruiter. The little I have heard about him as a coach has been positive.
Hearing he is a great recruiter

Reactions: Poolside Knight
RS got a lot of hate, especially in recent years. The notion that he was a great FL recruiter never really happened in my eyes, and his adjustments seemed to fade the last 2 years (although this was a rough year). That being said, sucks to see him go. Really enjoyed his ability to keep the locker room close without a HC, he seemed like the glue holding it all together and players really liked him. Worried on what this will do to the locker room into next season, but overall hopeful and happy to see some dudes on staff focusing in on FL. Wishing RS the best and hope he will still be around the program in some form.

Derp! If I had read the first tweet more closely, I'd have seen that he just joined Miami recently...

If true, my immediate reaction is that Randy should have been given a shot...but Me from halfway through our 2020 season does not feel the same...

We’ll find out what he’s learned. Can’t be much worse than last year. He seems to utilize faster LBs well.

Finally. Man some of of guys are so PC about being nice to Shannon. Yup I get it, thanks for everything Randy but damn I'm happy to see him gone and get what looks like a great defensive recruiter. We desperately need a change there.

Reactions: Endeavor.
UM has an opening now for RS. It's a coaches merry-go-round.
Can’t we keep him as senior recruiting and development something or another since we are going to be paying him? Or is it a deal where his contract not only guarantees his pay, but also his position assignment on staff through the contract?

Reactions: Knight Strength
Can’t we keep him as senior recruiting and development something or another since we are going to be paying him? Or is it a deal where his contract not only guarantees his pay, but also his position assignment on staff through the contract?
Hes owed 100% of his salary, unless he gets another job then his new salary will offset whatever we have to pay

Hes owed 100% of his salary, unless he gets another job then his new salary will offset whatever we have to pay
So.....if we are paying him, why not keep him in some role instead of paying him to golf? Can UCF change his title/assignment while still honoring his contract?

But if he's paid either way. What incentive does he have to take a lesser job while he waits for his contract to run out?

So.....if we are paying him, why not keep him in some role instead of paying him to golf? Can UCF change his title/assignment while still honoring his contract?
idk you know how it goes when a new HC comes in, they pretty much likes to Feng shui the whole program. Maybe the covid year finances makes its difficult to pay him to go away.

We've seen the results when JH came in and had to keep RS instead of getting his own guy. I think if you're starting a new regime, its best to just let them build the full foundation of who they want day 1.

But if he's paid either way. What incentive does he have to take a lesser job while he waits for his contract to run out?
???????????? Because he is getting paid. If he refuses a new UCF assignment, then he is opting out of his contract - right? so we don't owe him anything. If we are going to pay him regardless, get him in a productive role is my point. Patrol the campus at 4 am every night to make sure football players aren't out making trouble. Anything.

what incentive did CGM have after making 49 million from Auburn? if you love coaching then you will coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT