ADVERTISEMENT

Tre’quan Smith & Mike Hughes decision

UCF swag

Two-Star Recruit
Jul 3, 2011
When do you think either will make a decision on if they will declare for the NFL or not?

Would be awesome if they stayed another year, but not holding my breath for either.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
In our favor is that they didn't have the most spectacular bowl games but we'll know soon by middle of month I believe.

In our favor is that they didn't have the most spectacular bowl games but we'll know soon by middle of month I believe.

Hughes gave up a 42.4 Passer Rating when targeted. He was targeted 3 times and gave up 1 reception for 0 yards. As far as the punt/kickoff returns, Auburn did a good job with their directional punting as they didn't want any part of Mike.

Would be very surprised if he doesn't forgo his Senior year and enter the NFL Draft.

Going to miss these two and Griffin. Special players that should represent UCF well at the next level.

Hughes gave up a 42.4 Passer Rating when targeted. He was targeted 3 times and gave up 1 reception for 0 yards. As far as the punt/kickoff returns, Auburn did a good job with their directional punting as they didn't want any part of Mike.

Would be very surprised if he doesn't forgo his Senior year and enter the NFL Draft.

You don't think size is a limitation?

Film don't lie. I would think his main role will be on special teams, anyway. And I'm sure you've seen what he can do there.....
He would have to be at least a nickel or dime back. The only pure ST guy I can think of that played a while was Hester. Most other guys need to play a position or they get cut.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Can either of these players increase their stock by coming back? If the answer is no, then they will not be coming back. I think Tre'quan is going to the draft and I think he should go. Mike Hughes is a toss up.

He would have to be at least a nickel or dime back. The only pure ST guy I can think of that played a while was Hester. Most other guys need to play a position or they get cut.

Which means he probably goes late in the draft. Would his stock go up by playing another year?

Which means he probably goes late in the draft. Would his stock go up by playing another year?
I don't think Hughes benefits from another year. I think Smith could. He's not really considered a top WR coming out right now although we know he makes great catches. Both would have to do well at combine. Hughes will. Smith not sure about.

Reactions: thelandman19

He returned kicks, WR, CB, QB, P, held kicks on EP and played in the band during halftime in High School.

He returned kicks, WR, CB, QB, P, held kicks on EP and played in the band during halftime in High School.
Yes Hester played receiver and CB but not well enough for NFL. A lot of guys it's the same. They don't want to waste a roster spot for a guy that will play in 6 plays during a game. Plus in NFL they can kick through endzone most of the time and the punters can angle it out of bounds. I'm not saying Hughes isn't good enough. Just addressing his size. His speed will move him up boards.

Yes Hester played receiver and CB but not well enough for NFL. A lot of guys it's the same. They don't want to waste a roster spot for a guy that will play in 6 plays during a game. Plus in NFL they can kick through endzone most of the time and the punters can angle it out of bounds. I'm not saying Hughes isn't good enough. Just addressing his size. His speed will move him up boards.

Fair points, I just don't think his size is a problem, hasn't been of yet and don't think it will be in the NFL. Quick, fluid, excellent in press, plays the ball well down the field and is an excellent tackler if you didn't watch yesterday. He'll hit you like a ram at the knees, fierce.

Just assume both are gone

I was a little dissapointed in Tre in that game, I thought he would show out more but I know D Coordinators are keying on him. Snelson made the clutch catches

Just assume both are gone

I was a little dissapointed in Tre in that game, I thought he would show out more but I know D Coordinators are keying on him. Snelson made the clutch catches
I only recall one drop on his part that was uncharacteristic and get Smith did make some key grabs when we needed it. He also had an important block on our Td runs, as usual.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I only recall one drop on his part that was uncharacteristic and get Smith did make some key grabs when we needed it. He also had an important block on our Td runs, as usual.
The "drop" was thrown behind him when he was running across the field. He also had a nice catch but was out of bounds.

Hahaha. Transfer??? In other breaking news, the sky is blue.

Both Hughes and Smith are not a lock to leave early. They are not projected to go in the early rounds.
I think Hughes could if he runs a fast 40 at combine. Helped Griffen.

I think Hughes could if he runs a fast 40 at combine. Helped Griffen.
Hughes is fast. I’ve been saying for months
4.3. When all is said and done I have said that Hughes and Killins are about the same speed or close to it. When their final 40 yard times are compared in 2 years, I want to see if I’m correct. I’ll eat crow if I’m not, but I’ll wait.

Reactions: KnightLife1
I don't think you can participate in the combine of you don't declare. That would be risky. I think his other skills stand on their own. He is really talented.
No you have to declare. Plus if you leave early you may not get invited. I'm pretty sure with our season most guys that have a shot at getting drafted would be invited.

Hahaha. Transfer??? In other breaking news, the sky is blue.

Both Hughes and Smith are not a lock to leave early. They are not projected to go in the early rounds.

I LOL'd at that "news" too. "Breaking: Tre'quan Smith still deciding on whether or not to go pro, but confirms he will not commit suicide."

I don't know why they wouldn't go pro now if thier draft grades are good. What more do they have to accomplish here? They already won a national championship

Reactions: Mikesi
Hughes is fast. I’ve been saying for months
4.3. When all is said and done I have said that Hughes and Killins are about the same speed or close to it. When their final 40 yard times are compared in 2 years, I want to see if I’m correct. I’ll eat crow if I’m not, but I’ll wait.

Even if AK straight line speed is slightly better, Hughes has better natural ability in terms of football moves. Just go back and look at the cuts he made during the KO return in the USF game. That last cut is insane!

Even if AK straight line speed is slightly better, Hughes has better natural ability in terms of football moves. Just go back and look at the cuts he made during the KO return in the USF game. That last cut is insane!

I was thinking of that myself - I bet he destroys those cone drills they do. Beyond the athleticism, he may be the best pure football player I've seen at UCF. I feel like you could have thrown him on any college football team this year at any skill position and he could hold his own within a couple weeks. Tough player and always gave max effort (remember how he chased down that player running free for a TD from beyond in the Austin Peay game and nearly injured himself?). High football IQ. Elite athlete. And a UCF legend. Not betting against him in the NFL.

I was thinking of that myself - I bet he destroys those cone drills they do. Beyond the athleticism, he may be the best pure football player I've seen. I feel like you could have thrown him on any college football team this year at any skill position and he could hold his own within a couple weeks. Tough player. High football IQ. Elite athlete. And a UCF legend. Not betting against him in the NFL.

Well said, completely agree!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT