ADVERTISEMENT

Trump going to finish as the best president ever?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/04/jobs-report---september-2019.html

September unemployment rate falls to 3.5%, a 50-year low, as payrolls rise by 136,000

• The jobless rate in September dropped 0.2 percentage points to 3.5%, the lowest since December 1969.
  • Nonfarm payrolls rose by 136,000 in September, below the 145,000 forecast by economists polled by Dow Jones.
  • However, past numbers were revised higher. August was revised up to 168,000 from an initial estimate of 130,000, while July was increased to 166,000 from 159,000, for a net gain of 45,000.
  • Wages rose just 2.9% for the year, the lowest increase since July 2018.
  • the jobless rate for Hispanics also hit a new record low, while the level for African Americans maintained its lowest ever.

trump is killing our economy

This says more about the resilience of the American economy than Trump. :pray::pray::pray: The unemployment rate has been falling since 2010.

chartoftheday_17878_unemployment_rate_in_the_united_states_n.jpg

Reactions: Crazyhole
This says more about the resilience of the American economy than Trump. :pray::pray::pray: The unemployment rate has been falling since 2010.

member that time when every single economist said trump was going to ruin the economy before the 2016 election? but im sure all this economic prosperity is really just thanks to obama.

member that time when every single economist said trump was going to ruin the economy before the 2016 election? but im sure all this economic prosperity is really just thanks to obama.

No. Video please.

The hilarious part about this trend is that Conservatives were saying that the decline was 'unreal' during the Obama years because so many unemployed people were supposedly no longer included in the stats. But -- low and behold -- after the trend continued after the 2016 elections, these same Conservatives all of a sudden look at the unemployment numbers and proclaim Trump is a miracle worker. :)

The hilarious part about this trend is that Conservatives were saying that the decline was 'unreal' during the Obama years because so many unemployed people were supposedly no longer included in the stats. But -- low and behold -- after the trend continued after the 2016 elections, these same Conservatives all of a sudden look at the unemployment numbers and proclaim Trump is a miracle worker. :)

This is what frustrates me. Trump had an opportunity to unite people over these numbers. The jobs numbers have been doing well for years before Trump. I do remember every month my conservative friends stating that people had given up looking for work. They seems disenchanted with Obama as president. Now if Trump had just come in and acted like a normal human being instead of an unnecessary asshole, those same conservative friends would have joined the liberals and others who saw positives in the economy. Instead, the liberals just hated Trump (because Trump trolls them) the way conservatives hated Obama. Opportunity lost.

Reactions: sk8knight
This is what frustrates me. Trump had an opportunity to unite people over these numbers. The jobs numbers have been doing well for years before Trump. I do remember every month my conservative friends stating that people had given up looking for work. They seems disenchanted with Obama as president. Now if Trump had just come in and acted like a normal human being instead of an unnecessary asshole, those same conservative friends would have joined the liberals and others who saw positives in the economy. Instead, the liberals just hated Trump (because Trump trolls them) the way conservatives hated Obama. Opportunity lost.
Agree as long as we acknowledge that Obama did his fair share of trolling of conservatives and libertarians.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Agree as long as we acknowledge that Obama did his fair share of trolling of conservatives and libertarians.
I can give you a half a dozen trolling examples EACH WEEK for Trump.

I'm curious what constituted a public Obama troll in the World According to Sk8.

Remember when Barry trolled everyone when he said Trayvon Martin could have been him?!?!

TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLL

Unemployment rate isn't a good indicator of pretty much anything as a stand-alone statistic. It needs to be couched with labor force participation rate and unemployment/welfare benefit numbers.

Unemployment rate has gone down pretty consistently for 9 years but lfpr declined while unemployment benefits rose from 2010 to 2016. Both have improved over the last 3 years, so yes the labor market is definitely trending better now than what it was. Non-farm payroll wage growth is also trending upwards after being pretty stagnant for 18 year, but it's hard to say whether it's real growth because the way they calculate inflation is ****ED UP! seriously, we now include intellectual property in our GDP and inflation rate? What the hell is that about? I swear to God, sometimes it seems like economists have no concept of Adam Smith, Mises, Keynes, or Friedman.

I can give you a half a dozen trolling examples EACH WEEK for Trump.

I'm curious what constituted a public Obama troll in the World According to Sk8.
How about the clinging to their guns and their bibles? Or the comment where he said that he represented the part of the country that voted for him. Or the elections have consequences rant. Or any of a number of others.

How about the clinging to their guns and their bibles? Or the comment where he said that he represented the part of the country that voted for him. Or the elections have consequences rant. Or any of a number of others.
Or any of a number of others? :)

I can give you literally dozens of Trump examples. You've given me two--and one of the two was a loose language 'oops,' not a deliberate attempt to troll his targets.

The very notion that you want to compare Obama vs Trump on who's the rudest & crudest public speaker? scale is laughable.

Or any of a number of others? :)

I can give you literally dozens of Trump examples. You've given me two--and one of the two was a loose language 'oops,' not a deliberate attempt to troll his targets.

The very notion that you want to compare Obama vs Trump on who's the rudest & crudest public speaker? scale is laughable.
I’m not disputing Trump though. I just want you to acknowledge that Obama trolled as well. Not nearly as often, but he did.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/jobs-report-october-2019-bls-employment-211125748.html

Jobs report: U.S. economy adds 128,000 jobs in October, smashing expectations
  • Change in non-farm payrolls: +128,000 vs. +85,000 expected and 180,000 in September
  • Change in manufacturing payrolls: -36,000 vs. -55,000 expected and -5,000 in September
  • Unemployment rate: 3.6% vs. 3.6% expected and +3.5% in September
  • Average hourly earnings month-on-month: +0.2% vs. +0.3% expected and 0.0% in September
  • Average hourly earnings year-on-year: +3.0%vs. +3.0% expected and 3.0% in September

trump is the worst.

ADVERTISEMENT