ADVERTISEMENT

Trump going to finish as the best president ever?

It’s terrible. There are very limited options as far as the physicians who take it. and deductibles are out of this world. Additionally, the prescription part is terrible. Most people that are on it, dropped it or wish it was replaced

Replaced with what? That is the issue. I am all for replacing it with something better. But the GOP never had a replacement.

Replaced with what? That is the issue. I am all for replacing it with something better. But the GOP never had a replacement.
We really aren’t sure of that. I think the question was if the proposal was any better. We will never know

Reactions: UCFWayne
We really aren’t sure of that. I think the question was if the proposal was any better. We will never know

And whose fault is that? There was nothing stopping them from telling us their proposal after the ACA was repealed. And lets be honest, if they had a proposal, they would have told us. They didn't have anything.

They tried to repeal, they didn't have a replacement. About the only thing we ever heard was about health savings accounts, which no one who is realistic thinks are good ideas. But even with that, they had no sort of detailed plans, it was all just lip service.
Wrong. They tried to do a phased approach of repealing and replacing parts at a time. They couldn’t get the first part passed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehil...op-effort-to-repeal-and-replace-obamacare?amp

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Exactly!

This replacement talk is pure bullsh*t. The GOP's intent was to get rid of it, period. That's always been their plan.

Trouble is, now that people have it, and like it, they had to do a flip-flop during election season. Hypocrisy is defending the coverage of pre-existing conditions in TV campaign ads while at the same time fighting it in the courts.

Gee, here's a crazy idea: Why not improve the existing ACA?

Exactly!

This replacement talk is pure bullsh*t. The GOP's intent was to get rid of it, period. That's always been their plan.

Trouble is, now that people have it, and like it, they had to do a flip-flop during election season. Hypocrisy is defending the coverage of pre-existing conditions in TV campaign ads while at the same time fighting it in the courts.

Am I crazy or don't the lunatic Democrats control the House these days? What have they passed to "improve it" so far?

Am I crazy or don't the lunatic Democrats control the House these days? What have they passed to "improve it" so far?
LOL, yeah blame those 'lunatic' Democrats!!! :)

Since the Republicans have been so hell bent on getting rid of it, the better question is why didn't the Republicans have a replacement ready on Day One of Trump's presidency?

LOL, yeah blame those 'lunatic' Democrats!!! :)

Since the Republicans have been so hell bent on getting rid of it, the better question is why didn't the Republicans have a replacement ready on Day One of Trump's presidency?

You said it should be improved. I pointed out that Democrats haven't even attempted in the House. Stop deflecting.

Did Nancy Pelosi have a stroke? She slurs a lot of words and when she tries to talk she struggles putting sentences together.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Wrong. They tried to do a phased approach of repealing and replacing parts at a time. They couldn’t get the first part passed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/policy/healthcare/other/352587-timeline-the-gop-effort-to-repeal-and-replace-obamacare?amp

The American Health Care Act was basically just cutting stuff from Obama care. It was a repeal, but it didn't replace anything. THis was the GOP's problem with healthcare the whole time. They repeatedly tried to repeal it while Obama was in office, knowing it would be vetoed, so it was just symbolic. But then, when they had had the chance to do something, the best they could come up with was basically just repealing the mandate and pre-existing conditions parts of the ACA, and reducing Medicaid payments. Republicans can be mad at McCain all they want, but if they had repealed Obamacare it would have been a disaster for a lot of people, and probably cost the GOP votes. I think McCain did them a favor.

Exactly!

Exactly. The GOP just wanted to repeal parts of Obamacare, there was not much, if any, actual replacing going on.

Exactly. The GOP just wanted to repeal parts of Obamacare, there was not much, if any, actual replacing going on.

Uh yea, the intent for a lot of those repeals was to return those responsibilities back to the States. You do realize that markets can exist just fine if regulations aren't entirely held at the Federal level?

Uh yea, the intent for a lot of those repeals was to return those responsibilities back to the States. You do realize that markets can exist just fine if regulations aren't entirely held at the Federal level?

But that isn't repeal and replace, that is just repeal. Call it what it is.

And yes, markets can exist just fine, but, the reason healthcare is such a major political issue to begin with, is because the market wasn't existing just fine before the ACA and many people were struggling to pay for insurance.

Reactions: DaShuckster
I watched her “news conference “ live while on a flight from Vegas. She was struggling to put sentences together and her speech was slurred. This was live on CNN at the time. She has either had a stroke or her health is diminishing quickly.
Trump parades his staff in front of the cameras yesterday to 'prove' he wasn't an angry lunatic during his three-minute meeting with Pelosi about our infrastructure.....yet it's Pelosi who's the one who's 'losing' it??!?!??

shouldve been repealed with a very simple replacement of only pre-existing conditiosn being covered nothing else.
The pre-existing clause is popular, but it may be the most damaging part of Obamacare and a big reason why premiums and deductibles went up so much.

The pre-existing clause is popular, but it may be the most damaging part of Obamacare and a big reason why premiums and deductibles went up so much.

It was all going up anyway. I think people forget that the reason healthcare has been such an issue since the 90s, is because it was becoming unaffordable for a lot of average people.

Trump parades his staff in front of the cameras yesterday to 'prove' he wasn't an angry lunatic during his three-minute meeting with Pelosi about our infrastructure.....yet it's Pelosi who's the one who's 'losing' it??!?!??

That was bizarre to say the least.

It was all going up anyway. I think people forget that the reason healthcare has been such an issue since the 90s, is because it was becoming unaffordable for a lot of average people.
Only group and employer based policies were going up. Private insurance was extremely affordable prior to the ACA.

Only group and employer based policies were going up. Private insurance was extremely affordable prior to the ACA.

No it wasnt, unless you are talking about the catastrophic plans that didnt cover much. In 1980 insurance premiums averaged a little over $1000 per person per year. By 2000, it was about $5000 per person per year, by 2008 it was about $8000 per person. Since the ACA was signed, it has gone up about $1400 per person. SO it is still going up, but but prior to the ACA it was going up anywhere from about 6% to 10% per year. Since the ACA it is going up between 2.5-5.5 per year on average.

The healthcare issue didnt come out of nowhere. In fact, the ACA is pretty similar to the plan Bob Dole ran on in 96. Plus, any plan that doesnt cover pre-existing conditions made it difficult for some people to get insurance period. It made it difficult for some people to change jobs since they would have to find an employer offering the same policy as well.

https://www.thebalance.com/causes-of-rising-healthcare-costs-4064878

No it wasnt, unless you are talking about the catastrophic plans that didnt cover much. In 1980 insurance premiums averaged a little over $1000 per person per year. By 2000, it was about $5000 per person per year, by 2008 it was about $8000 per person. Since the ACA was signed, it has gone up about $1400 per person. SO it is still going up, but but prior to the ACA it was going up anywhere from about 6% to 10% per year. Since the ACA it is going up between 2.5-5.5 per year on average.

The healthcare issue didnt come out of nowhere. In fact, the ACA is pretty similar to the plan Bob Dole ran on in 96. Plus, any plan that doesnt cover pre-existing conditions made it difficult for some people to get insurance period. It made it difficult for some people to change jobs since they would have to find an employer offering the same policy as well.

https://www.thebalance.com/causes-of-rising-healthcare-costs-4064878

Your numbers arent consistent with my experience. In 2006 I had a major medical policy with a 10,000 dollar deductible and zero accident indemnity. For my family of 5 my premium was 230 bucks a month. Now I'm paying almost 10 grand a year for a policy with a 8500 dollar deductible. Explain that.

Did Nancy Pelosi have a stroke? She slurs a lot of words and when she tries to talk she struggles putting sentences together.
A post and a like that shows how Trump treats his Twitter following like they were all a bunch of gullible fools. And — at least with some posters here — gets away with it!

Employment near perfect? Wages going up?

Funny how our Con Man President touts “the greatest economy of all time” and the Trumpsters eat it up. Where is the evidence of this amazing feat?
even cnn and msnbc say the economy is great and the unemployment numbers are at historic lows.

why do you feel the need to go against this?

President Trump will invoke bullshit emergency powers to sell arms to our enemies the Saudi’s.
I'm perfectly fine selling arms to the Saudis, especially when the Russians are selling the equivalent to Iran. Obama's policy was as stupid as Carter's, every American ally hated our guts for withholding equipment as the Russians rolled out the equivalent across-the-border.

What I have a problem with is supporting Saudi policy. If Trump would just break from that, it would be much better.

Your numbers arent consistent with my experience. In 2006 I had a major medical policy with a 10,000 dollar deductible and zero accident indemnity. For my family of 5 my premium was 230 bucks a month. Now I'm paying almost 10 grand a year for a policy with a 8500 dollar deductible. Explain that.

I don't know anything about you or your healthcare plan to explain your insurance situation to you, but obviously prices have gone up since 2006. Nobody is denying that, and in fact I even said prices are stilling going up, just at a slower pace than they were prior to the ACA.

even cnn and msnbc say the economy is great and the unemployment numbers are at historic lows.

why do you feel the need to go against this?

Because the economy had been great and unemployment was a couple tenths of a percent higher. How does this need to be explained?

I don't know anything about you or your healthcare plan to explain your insurance situation to you, but obviously prices have gone up since 2006. Nobody is denying that, and in fact I even said prices are stilling going up, just at a slower pace than they were prior to the ACA.
That is a pretty obtuse answer, quite honestly. I just told you what my insurance situation looked like so you do know. And only a person who is intentionally trying to be ignorant doesn't recognize the fact that insurance costs accelerated after ACA. For 13 years prior to ACA I paid for insurance for my family and never once did it cost me more than 5 grand a year. Almost immediately it doubled and we have basically the same deductible. We've been over this before dozens of times, but the problem with healthcare costs has always laid directly at the feet of people who get employer based insurance that didn't give a rip about what hospitals were charging for care because someone else was paying for it.

That is a pretty obtuse answer, quite honestly. I just told you what my insurance situation looked like so you do know. And only a person who is intentionally trying to be ignorant doesn't recognize the fact that insurance costs accelerated after ACA. For 13 years prior to ACA I paid for insurance for my family and never once did it cost me more than 5 grand a year. Almost immediately it doubled and we have basically the same deductible. We've been over this before dozens of times, but the problem with healthcare costs has always laid directly at the feet of people who get employer based insurance that didn't give a rip about what hospitals were charging for care because someone else was paying for it.

Again, you keep talking about "your" healthcare. Everyone's health insurance is different, and if you don't understand that then maybe educate yourself before you start calling other people ignorant. The reality is that after the ACA, insurance prices have slowed, I already posted one link, and there numerous studies that establish that. Your specific situation doesn't change the facts.

And BTW, just telling me your costs, doesn't tell me squat about your insurance situation. I have no clue what company your with, where you live (which affects prices), your health history, etc etc. So if you think just throwing out #s (which also lets be honest, I just have to take your word for it they are actual #s which is why anecdotal arguments are stupid to begin with), tells me your insurance situation, then you are being overly simplistic.

Last edited:
Again, you keep talking about "your" healthcare. Everyone's health insurance is different, and if you don't understand that then maybe educate yourself before you start calling other people ignorant. The reality is that after the ACA, insurance prices have slowed, and your specific situation doesn't change the facts.

The reality is that while other people in my same demographic were signing on to plans that were costing them way more than they needed to pay but they were too stupid to shop around, I had no problem whatsoever finding affordable health insurance. Now I'm paying more than double what I was because of other people's ignorance.

Why have insurance increases slowed? Because now people are finally being forced to actually think about what a hospital visit costs and are being a little bit more responsible. That is all fine and dandy, but we could have had the exact same thing for half of the cost.

The reality is that while other people in my same demographic were signing on to plans that were costing them way more than they needed to pay but they were too stupid to shop around, I had no problem whatsoever finding affordable health insurance. Now I'm paying more than double what I was because of other people's ignorance.

Why have insurance increases slowed? Because now people are finally being forced to actually think about what a hospital visit costs and are being a little bit more responsible. That is all fine and dandy, but we could have had the exact same thing for half of the cost.

You had a deductible of $10k in 2006, that isn't really what I would say people considered affordable insurance, or at least good insurance considering you have to pay so much out of pocket before you can even use it.

And wait, earlier you said insurance increases hadnt slowed, now you are changing your position and admitting they have slowed, but giving some stupid ass reason for it that you provided absolutely no support for? Forgive me if I don't take you the least bit seriously in regards to this topic.

You had a deductible of $10k in 2006, that isn't really what I would say people considered affordable insurance, or at least good insurance considering you have to pay so much out of pocket before you can even use it.

And wait, earlier you said insurance increases hadnt slowed, now you are changing your position and admitting they have slowed, but giving some stupid ass reason for it that you provided absolutely no support for? Forgive me if I don't take you the least bit seriously in regards to this topic.
They have slowed, but not relative to pre ACA for people who actually shopped for insurance. And why exactly is my 8000 dollar deductible with zero accident indemnity more affordable than a 10,000 dollar deductible with 100% accident indemnity? On Sunday my middle daughter was in a car crash and went through the windshield. Under my old plan, that would have cost me zero dollars. Now it's going to cost me 8 grand and my monthly premiums are 500 bucks more than what I ever paid prior to ACA. Super great deal you guys came up with. Thanks a bunch.

They have slowed, but not relative to pre ACA for people who actually shopped for insurance. And why exactly is my 8000 dollar deductible with zero accident indemnity more affordable than a 10,000 dollar deductible with 100% accident indemnity? On Sunday my middle daughter was in a car crash and went through the windshield. Under my old plan, that would have cost me zero dollars. Now it's going to cost me 8 grand and my monthly premiums are 500 bucks more than what I ever paid prior to ACA. Super great deal you guys came up with. Thanks a bunch.

Again, I don't know your insurance plan, but I promise you there are other plans with difference pricing structures. Is that the only plan available to you? My deductible is no where near $8k and my premiums have stayed pretty consistent since the ACA. Regardless, hope your daughter is ok. I am done talking about this though because anecdotal arguments are pointless and that is all you seem to want to discuss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT