ADVERTISEMENT

Trump tells truth

Yes, look at the metropolitan and county specifics.

Heck, having dealt with Louisiana during Katrina, I would much rather be around the rural and urban gun toting villages that were Republicans than the Democratic metropolitan areas were crime-infested.

Go to Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, et al. and you'll find similarly. Here in Alabama, it's more of the same. The Republicans only win out because of the rural and suburbia, largely self-employed or lower middle class. The major metro areas are heavily Democratic, but there just aren't enough of them to overload the total number of Republicans in the state.

Although even in Alabama, when a Republican wins a primary and the 'dirty laundry' comes out on him (e.g., Moore), the Republicans will vote Democratic instead (e.g., Jones). That's unlike in Virginia, where Democrats will stick with men charged with racism and even rape.

I mean, no one here lives in Jefferson County for a reason.

I was born and raised in KY and have lived in TN for about 20 years, I don't need to go to either one. But I don't think you are understanding the point. I understand metro areas vote blue. I live in Nashville, one of the very few blue areas in Tennessee. Nashville also isn't a poor city. Not every big city that votes blue is poor, which is what you seem to be implying. Eastern TN is far more poor than Nashville, and they don't vote blue. If you honestly don't think there are poor small towns with high crime rates all over this country that vote Republican, then you are simply in denial. Appalachia is one the poorest regions in the country, and it most certainly is not a Democratic region, and it most certainly isn't an urban region. 95% of Appalachian counties voted Trump, and Appalachia is not a rich area (though for some reason I have a feeling you are going to argue it is, since you just make stuff up as you go).
https://www.thisappalachialife.com/...ed-by-Trumps-Popularity-in-Appalachia-Dont-Be

I was born and raised in KY and have lived in TN for about 20 years, I don't need to go to either one. But I don't think you are understanding the point. I understand metro areas vote blue. I live in Nashville, one of the very few blue areas in Tennessee. Nashville also isn't a poor city. Not every big city that votes blue is poor, which is what you seem to be implying. Eastern TN is far more poor than Nashville, and they don't vote blue. If you honestly don't think there are poor small towns with high crime rates all over this country that vote Republican, then you are simply in denial. Appalachia is one the poorest regions in the country, and it most certainly is not a Democratic region, and it most certainly isn't an urban region. 95% of Appalachian counties voted Trump, and Appalachia is not a rich area (though for some reason I have a feeling you are going to argue it is, since you just make stuff up as you go).
https://www.thisappalachialife.com/...ed-by-Trumps-Popularity-in-Appalachia-Dont-Be

We visited Gatlinburg in October 2016 and that area was one of the most pro Trump areas I’ve seen

I was born and raised in KY and have lived in TN for about 20 years, I don't need to go to either one.
So you understand my point? There are Democratic strongholds even in Conservative states, and they have some of the highest crime rates too.

But I don't think you are understanding the point. I understand metro areas vote blue. I live in Nashville, one of the very few blue areas in Tennessee. Nashville also isn't a poor city. Not every big city that votes blue is poor, which is what you seem to be implying.
But they have the great disparity of rich to poor, with not much in-between. That's what I take issue with.

There are many areas of lower to common middle class, but they aren't in the cities. The cities are filled with a lot of poor, with a much smaller number of rich. Eastern TN is far more poor than Nashville, and they don't vote blue.
And yet they scrape by, and don't have the supermajority of crime.

If you honestly don't think there are poor small towns with high crime rates all over this country that vote Republican, then you are simply in denial. Appalachia is one the poorest regions in the country, and it most certainly is not a Democratic region, and it most certainly isn't an urban region.
And they are the ones with crime, murder and other high rates?

95% of Appalachian counties voted Trump, and Appalachia is not a rich area (though for some reason I have a feeling you are going to argue it is, since you just make stuff up as you go).
So ... getting back to the realities ... how much crime do they have? Lefties don't get to 'pick'n choose' what applies any more than the Righties either.

So you understand my point? There are Democratic strongholds even in Conservative states, and they have some of the highest crime rates too.

But they have the great disparity of rich to poor, with not much in-between. That's what I take issue with.

And yet they scrape by, and don't have the supermajority of crime.

And they are the ones with crime, murder and other high rates?

So ... getting back to the realities ... how much crime do they have? Lefties don't get to 'pick'n choose' what applies any more than the Righties either.

Who has a great disparity of rich and poor? Nashville? It has all economic classes, just like the town of 10,000 people I grew up in Kentucky.

And yes, small towns have crime. I am about to be driving so I will get to links in later, but not all small towns are Normal Rockwell paintings.

And yes, small towns have crime. I am about to be driving so I will get to links in later, but not all small towns are Normal Rockwell paintings.
At the same rate as Democratic crime-infested cities? That's where you lose me.

Yes, under-employed youths cause crime. But try to show me a rate in a rural area of a southern state that equates the Democratic mainstay cities! Seriously!

Last edited:
Of course it is how it works. Representatives are not the mayors or city councils, or even members of the state legislature. They represent the district at the federal level, and a large portion of their job is focused on federal issues. They are not the ones responsible for running the local governments in their districts. Obviously they can try and get federal funding for certain projects and things of that nature, but they still aren't the ones setting budgets, running police departments, schools, etc and running the districts on a daily business.

Oh, we all know they’re running campaigns on national dollars and they’re beholden to people trying to advance national causes. That doesn’t make it right. He should be called out if he’s out there trying to change the culture of everywhere but his district. His primary responsibility is to represent his district in congress and you act like it’d be nice if that happened. If that doesn’t happen then he’s a flat-out failure. This may be the norm for Democrats, but it’s not the way the system was designed to work.

You bring up him not setting budgets and running services. But his first and almost only job is to fight for dollars to augment those services and to spearhead initiatives to bring home resources to help those mayors and city councils when they have issues that they need the federal government to help with. Lord knows they could use all the help they can get.

Oh, we all know they’re running campaigns on national dollars and they’re beholden to people trying to advance national causes. That doesn’t make it right. He should be called out if he’s out there trying to change the culture of everywhere but his district. His primary responsibility is to represent his district in congress and you act like it’d be nice if that happened. If that doesn’t happen then he’s a flat-out failure. This may be the norm for Democrats, but it’s not the way the system was designed to work.

You bring up him not setting budgets and running services. But his first and almost only job is to fight for dollars to augment those services and to spearhead initiatives to bring home resources to help those mayors and city councils when they have issues that they need the federal government to help with. Lord knows they could use all the help they can get.

He is member of the united states government. His only job is most certainly not just to bring resources to his district, that is just flat out false. Obviously all congressmen will try and do things to benefit their districts, but to imply that is there only job is just not true.

He is a on the transportation and infrastructure committee for example. His job in that position is to allocate dollars for projects that benefit places all over the country, not just his district. Do you think he is only suppose to vote for projects that specifically pertain to his district? If a congressmens job was only to benefit their district, then a lot of districts would be shit out of luck if their rep wasnt on specific comittees. He is also on the federal oversight comittee, which most certainly is not just about his district.

You are ignoring that there are two levels of government that are more local than the chamber he is a member of. If our federal reps are responsible for running their own districts, then what is the purpose of a state and local government anyway?

Last edited:
At the same rate as Democratic crime-infested cities? That's where you lose me.

Yes, under-employed youths cause crime. But try to show me a rate in a rural area of a southern state that equates the Democratic mainstay cities! Seriously!

I'm not understanding what was controversial about Cubs initial post that drew a response and now back and forth from you? There are in fact many crappy Appalachian towns that vote R in addition to the rural and farm areas.

You then made it about a crime comparison. Well some of these towns also have very high crime. I don't pretend to have all the data but I randomly just decided to look Huntington and Charleston, WV. Very quick glance on my phone shows the counties that make up those MSAs overwhelming voted for Trump. Perhaps that hasn't always been the case I don't know? It also appears they have crime rates multiple times higher than the state and national averages. Are the rates as high as the large Democratic cities you reference? I don't know. I'm sure Huntington and Charleston rate higher thanssome and lower than others. Perhaps we need the data on all cities and not filtered by size?

In any event, unless you control for city size I'm not certain it would be an apples to apples comparison between the crime rates of say Huntington, WV and say [insert traditional Dem high crime city]. Density and criminal opportunity are obvious reasons.

If your contention is rural Rep areas have less crime then I have no argument bc I think it would stand to reason that would obviously be the case.

I'm just confused about what Cubs said that you take issue with? Please clarify.

He is member of the united states government. His only job is most certainly not just to bring resources to his district, that is just flat out false. Obviously all congressmen will try and do things to benefit their districts, but to imply that is there only job is just not true.

He is a on the transportation and infrastructure committee for example. His job in that position is to allocate dollars for projects that benefit places all over the country, not just his district. Do you think he is only suppose to vote for projects that specifically pertain to his district? If a congressmens job was only to benefit their district, then a lot of districts would be shit out of luck if their rep wasnt on specific comittees. He is also on the federal oversight comittee, which most certainly is not just about his district.

You are ignoring that there are two levels of government that are more local than the chamber he is a member of. If our federal reps are responsible for running their own districts, then what is the purpose of a state and local government anyway?
I’m not ignoring the committees and that he’s in a national body. I’m saying that you have the priorities skewed. His first and primary responsibility by far is to the constituents that elected him. The rest is secondary. Yes, he’s on the committee that oversees the executive. Yes he’s on another committee. Yes, those are important. But government power in America is bottom up, not too down. His duty to his district is far more important.

Like I said, you have it all wrong. You want to consolidate the most power in the fewest people. You want this in the name of change. This is the path to disaster. The founders recognized it and built a government to prevent it. But if we the people don’t require our politicians to represent us first and foremost, then I guess we deserve the rulers we get.

I’m not ignoring the committees and that he’s in a national body. I’m saying that you have the priorities skewed. His first and primary responsibility by far is to the constituents that elected him. The rest is secondary. Yes, he’s on the committee that oversees the executive. Yes he’s on another committee. Yes, those are important. But government power in America is bottom up, not too down. His duty to his district is far more important.

Like I said, you have it all wrong. You want to consolidate the most power in the fewest people. You want this in the name of change. This is the path to disaster. The founders recognized it and built a government to prevent it. But if we the people don’t require our politicians to represent us first and foremost, then I guess we deserve the rulers we get.

You make no sense and no I have nothing wrong. If government in America is from the bottom up, then why are you holding a US rep accountable and not the local governments? Are you saying the Federal government is the bottom and local government is the top? I am the one talking about the local and state governments. I am the one essentially saying government starts bottom up, you are the one just blaming people at the top of the government chain, and it is more than obvious you are just doing it for partisan reasons because Trump something said something about him.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaShuckster
You make no sense and no I have nothing wrong. If government in America is from the bottom up, then why are you holding a US rep accountable and not the local governments? Are you saying the Federal government is the bottom and local government is the top? I am the one talking about the local and state governments. I am the one essentially saying government starts bottom up, you are the one just blaming people at the top of the government chain, and it is more than obvious you are just doing it for partisan reasons because Trump something said something about him.
No, you want to absolve Cummings of his primary responsibility to his district when people call him out on being ineffective. I’m not blaming him. I’m saying he’s not doing his job of being part of the solution while he’s worrying about all of these other things. You don’t seem to think it’s part of his job. You are absolutely wrong.

Reactions: UCFWayne
No, you want to absolve Cummings of his primary responsibility to his district when people call him out on being ineffective. I’m not blaming him. I’m saying he’s not doing his job of being part of the solution while he’s worrying about all of these other things. You don’t seem to think it’s part of his job. You are absolutely wrong.

No, I am telling you how government works, that is all. Then you start talking in circles about the Federal government being at the bottom of government and all this stuff that makes absolutely no sense.

And quit telling me what I think and learn to actually read what I type. I said numerous times that all reps will try to do things to benefit their districts, in that way it is part of his job. You said it is basically his only job which is what I disagreed with. If you think that is his only job then you need to go take a civics course.

Charleston, WV
A city of sub-50K in a county of 180K+. I think you have your answer right there. Especially since Kanawha County is one of the rarest WV counties that was <60% Trump (~58%). ;)

I.e., of course when you have 2.5-3x as many people outside the city, let alone in the suburbs, it's going to override those living in the city. Simple math man.

And you cannot look at representatives, because there are only three (3), so the sheer rural populations are going to override the small metro areas.

Again, simple math. Don't bend it to what you want it to be.

A city of sub-50K in a county of 180K+. I think you have your answer right there. Especially since Kanawha County is one of the rarest WV counties that was <60% Trump (~58%). ;)

I.e., of course when you have 2.5-3x as many people outside the city, let alone in the suburbs, it's going to override those living in the city. Simple math man.

And you cannot look at representatives, because there are only three (3), so the sheer rural populations are going to override the small metro areas.

Again, simple math. Don't bend it to what you want it to be.

Gadsen- Etowah County Alabama- 73% of the vote went to Trump and it has one of the worst crime rates in the entire country.
https://www.bestplaces.net/crime/city/alabama/Gadsden

And there are plenty of other small towns that are similar.

Gadsen- Etowah County Alabama- 73% of the vote went to Trump and it has one of the worst crime rates in the entire country.
https://www.bestplaces.net/crime/city/alabama/Gadsden
And there are plenty of other small towns that are similar.
Again, 3x as many people live in the county than the city. But beyond that ...

Yes, I'm very familiar with Gadsen, as well as Anniston, because home prices are low. Do you know why? ;)

When you have 4-5 figures of jobs, and the military pulls out, or reduces ... and now companies have gone bankrupt without the military there or as large, oh yeah, it becomes crime infested. Nearly 40% of the city is African-American, including a lot of former military and support personnel. A lot voted Trump, especially African-Americans in contrast to the prior statistics, hoping he'd boost the military and the jobs would come back.

Of course they moved right with Trump, even some with Romney before that. They are tired of the left here in Alabama.

BTW, have you seen the Democratic Belt of Alabama? It follows those who work for the state (or don't hold jobs) v. those who are private employees. It's best to watch the governor race as a better indicator.

Again, 3x as many people live in the county than the city. But beyond that ...

Yes, I'm very familiar with Gadsen, as well as Anniston, because home prices are low. Do you know why? ;)

When you have 4-5 figures of jobs, and the military pulls out, or reduces ... and now companies have gone bankrupt without the military there or as large, oh yeah, it becomes crime infested. Nearly 40% of the city is African-American, including a lot of former military and support personnel. A lot voted Trump, especially African-Americans in contrast to the prior statistics, hoping he'd boost the military and the jobs would come back.

Of course they moved right with Trump, even some with Romney before that. They are tired of the left here in Alabama.

BTW, have you seen the Democratic Belt of Alabama? It follows those who work for the state (or don't hold jobs) v. those who are private employees. It's best to watch the governor race as a better indicator.

It is a Trump area, so I am not sure why you highlight the African American population, oh wait, yeah I do know. Regardless, this conversation is stupid, in your naïve world you think only Democrats can commit crimes and there is no crime in conservative small town America. I bet you believe things like meth addiction and opiate addictions are just fake news that only happens in cities too. I will let you live in your delusion, because this conversation has become pointless.

Reactions: ChrisKnight06
... in your naïve world you think only Democrats can commit crimes ...
Once again, a Progressive hit's the 'nuke' button, and starts the "You're either with us or against us" rhetoric.

The point is ... people vote far more Democratic in crime infested areas than Republicans, and usually want government to 'save them.'

Of course you'll always counties where only 20-30% of the population is the 'metropolitian area' and dominated by rural and suburbs, as well as former military areas, which is the part of the federal government that votes the opposite of what the rest does.

I rest my case, math always wins.

Once again, a Progressive hit's the 'nuke' button, and starts the "You're either with us or against us" rhetoric.

The point is ... people vote far more Democratic in crime infested areas than Republicans, and usually want government to 'save them.'

Of course you'll always counties where only 20-30% of the population is the 'metropolitian area' and dominated by rural and suburbs, as well as former military areas, which is the part of the federal government that votes the opposite of what the rest does.

I rest my case, math always wins.

Nobody is hitting a nuke button. It is just pointless to talk to you because you just make stuff up as you go, and never provide any support for your arguments. Your math doesn't win because your math is just pulled out of your ass.

And body said anything about "with us or against us", again, you are just making stuff up. The problem is when people give you actual evidence of something, you just brush it off as being wrong, without every providing any evidence to back up your arguments as to why it is wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisKnight06
No, I am telling you how government works, that is all. Then you start talking in circles about the Federal government being at the bottom of government and all this stuff that makes absolutely no sense.

And quit telling me what I think and learn to actually read what I type. I said numerous times that all reps will try to do things to benefit their districts, in that way it is part of his job. You said it is basically his only job which is what I disagreed with. If you think that is his only job then you need to go take a civics course.
I said it’s his PRIMARY job. Don’t get pissy about people misquoting you and then do the same.

I said it’s his PRIMARY job. Don’t get pissy about people misquoting you and then do the same.
But his first and almost only job is to fight for dollars to augment those services and to spearhead initiatives to bring home

That is a direct quote from one your posts, where you clearly say "almost only job". Sorry I used the word 'basically' instead of 'almost', but I don't see how that changes the meaning of what you were arguing.

It's absolutely amazing that every US sh*thole is run by lefties. I've visited some...um, 'interesting' areas in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, West Virginia, and SW Virginia that I would have described as real sh*tholes if they weren't run by Conservative Republicans.

This notion that we should play new 'Civil War' games is both unproductive and ridiculous.
Name one

Are you serious? We could fill up a 21-volume encyclopedia with examples.

But since you asked, I'll name one.

Buchanan County, Virginia.
It borders both West Virginia and Kentucky in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains. It's county seat is Grundy and its principal industry is coal mining. I visited there once and was 'treated' to the sight of a bunch of tired miners covered from head-to-toe in black soot walking to their cars after finishing up their graveyard shift one morning. I also stopped by the high school in Grundy and was literally aghast by the number of cross-eyed kids I encountered there.

The County is represented by Republican A. Benton Chafin in the Virginia Senate and Republican James W. "Will" Manfield in the VA House of Delegates. Nationally, Republican H. Morgan Griffin represents them the same way Cummings' represents West Baltimore in the US House.

I've visited a number of so-called "American sh*tholes" over my lifetime, but the memory of my stop in Grundy still gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Do you think I uncovered a shocking anomaly, beelit47??? Please share with us your counterpoint.

Last edited:

It borders both West Virginia and Kentucky in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains. It's county seat is Grundy and its principal industry is coal mining. I visited there once and was 'treated' to the sight of a bunch of tired miners covered from head-to-toe in black soot walking to their cars after finishing up their graveyard shift one morning. I also stopped by the high school in Grundy and was literally aghast by the number of cross-eyed kids I encountered there.

The County is represented by Republican A. Benton Chafin in the Virginia Senate and Republican James W. "Will" Manfield in the VA House of Delegates. Nationally, Republican H. Morgan Griffin represents them the same way Cummings' represents West Baltimore in the US House.

I've visited a number of so-called "American sh*tholes" over my lifetime, but the memory of my stop in Grundy still gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Do you think I uncovered a shocking anomaly, beelit47??? Please share with us your counterpoint.

lol so the fact that you saw coal miners and one kid you thought looked funny is all you need to know it's a shithole?

Fact: Buchanan County, VA has a violent crime rate that is 3x lower than the national average, and nearly 2x lower than the State of VA average.

https://www.bestplaces.net/crime/county/virginia/buchanan

Reactions: UCFWayne and UCFBS

Bigotry and elitism. Good thing you're a "woke" Democrat.

LMAO Good one, 85! You never cease to entertain!!! :)

Tell you what, YOU go live in Buchanan County and I'll move to West Baltimore. Deal? :)

I'm just saying, your criteria for "shithole" appears to be anywhere that lacks a metro area and features blue collar workers that you have to be subjected to viewing when they get off work.

It's really just reinforcing the idea that lefties look down upon and detest rural, small town America.

I'm just saying, your criteria for "shithole" appears to be anywhere that lacks a metro area and features blue collar workers that you have to be subjected to viewing when they get off work.

It's really just reinforcing the idea that lefties look down upon and detest rural, small town America.

I have never been there and the crime doesn't appear to be bad, but it is also extremely poor with almost 1/4 of households below the poverty line and the median household income being under $30k. It is one the unhealthiest places in America, about 20% of the population is on disability. That amount of poverty and poor health would indicate it does have some issues.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/01/life-in-the-sickest-town-in-america/384718/

I'm FROM rural, small town America, dumbass!!!

My little Grundy story was simply a illustrative counterpoint to YOUR moronic notion that our largest cities are all "shitholes" because they're run by Democrats.

Nobody is hitting a nuke button.
This is an absolutist statement that is purposely avoiding the argument I made and the real conclusion you don't want to address ...

... in your naïve world you think only Democrats can commit crimes ...

What am I supposed to say to that? It's utterly absolutist and a cop-out by you. I've lived and worked in Charleston-Morgantown, WV for more than a year total, and I've worked and lived in Huntsville-Birmingham for nearly 5 total now.

Yes, I've worked in over 30 states, and almost half of them at least a half-year total, just this century.

It is just pointless to talk to you because you just make stuff up as you go, and never provide any support for your arguments.
Because the argument is a crapload deeper than you are willing to go! I keep trying to go deeper, and yet you ignore it -- especially when it's clear I know a crapload more about an area than you.

You focus on 'county' or 'district' and ignore the details, not recognizing how much crime is in the metropolitan portion of the county/district, yet it's only 20-30% of the county/district.

This is also why I get tired of the 'gerrymandering' argument as well. Do the Republicans 'gerrymander'? Of course. But do they do it everywhere? No, far from it. A lot of counties/districts are Republican merely because there just aren't enough metropolitan areas so the crime-infested Democratic areas can override. Not everything can be like Cook county, or a state like Illinois.

Your math doesn't win because your math is just pulled out of your ass.
And yet the facts remain, and you don't want to dive down to that level.

lol so the fact that you saw coal miners and one kid you thought looked funny is all you need to know it's a shithole?
Fact: Buchanan County, VA has a violent crime rate that is 3x lower than the national average, and nearly 2x lower than the State of VA average.
https://www.bestplaces.net/crime/county/virginia/buchanan
Bingo, Americans who respect one another and property, even if they are poor and down-on-their-luck. A lot of these areas were heavily Democratic until just this century. They've become a Republican stronghold for a reason.

I think this is why the Democratic party is losing it's position, long-term. It's ignoring the realities that people in these communities have right in front of them.

That goes for the Urban League as well as God fearing minority communities (and I don't even believe in organized religion myself), you see the exact same views as Republican strongholds.

Last edited:
Bingo, Americans who respect one another and property, even if they are poor and down-on-their-luck. A lot of these areas were heavily Democratic until just this century. They've become a Republican stronghold for a reason.
You people are something else. You spend this thread trashing Black inner city metro areas but when I show that "shitholes" are not limited to Democrat strongholds, you play the 'Oh, you ELITISTS!' game.

Apparently one's attitude regarding "poor and down-on-their-luck" Americans depends on race. What a shocker, huh?

You people are something else. You spend this thread trashing Black inner city metro areas but when I show that "shitholes" are not limited to Democrat strongholds, you play the 'Oh, you ELITISTS!' game.

Apparently one's attitude regarding "poor and down-on-their-luck" Americans depends on race. What a shocker, huh?

I noticed that too.

^^^ This is why I have you on ignore. You literally took a very valid point of mine, and nuked it with something that has nothing to do with it.

The one thing I love about visiting Alabama and, even more so, West Virginia (who deals with DC-Virginia-Maryland everyday) is watching a local minority rip a Democratic voter a new one in their assumptions and ignorance about minorities.

Democratic voters are under-exposed to 75% of the country, and the US Media is utterly full of it too. Political correctness is why >80% of Americans don't listen to the US media any more, and >90% are against it.

Last edited:
uh, YEAH. It was called the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

As always, I do not condone what Trump said, and he's not very Presidential at times. But this Politically Correct BS is keeping us from having real conversations about what needs to be done. Trump can be gone and that fact will remain. People like Trump because he's not afraid to be politically incorrect. I think he's much worse than just that, but the conversation still needs to be had, regardless.

Does 'tough on crime' work? No. But right now, we have communities where supporting organized crime and relying on the government hasn't been working, and people who have rose above those communities see what the 'reliance' on the government is all about. I don't know the solution, but what the Democratic party is offering is not only not the solution, but utterly ignoring the problem. And government is rarely helping.

One of my favorite, even if incomplete, solutions is pulling kids and others out of those communities, and putting them in good ones. Ironically it's faith-based charities, of all creeds, cultures and even races, that work best. And then tend to be very conservative communities as a result. And that's why more and more are going right, even if they disagree with Trump overall. And it's a growing subset of minorities.

It doesn't help the current generation, but definitely the next generation, which is what the communities themselves care most about. Because people want to see the next generation at least 'have a chance.' Right now, some do not, and they are Democratic strongholds, always. I have trouble finding any that are not, and the only ones we can find are <<40% metropolitan counties and districts, where there are enough conservatives outside the city so the metropolitan area doesn't dominate.

Because yes, most metropolitan areas are the worst, and Baltimore is the absolute worst example. I lived and worked 2.5 years in and around Baltimore, living right on creek of the Patapsco River. As my colleague told me early on, "Don't stop at the Kill Whitey lights." I thought he was joking at first, some 'scare the new cracker' type of 'initiation.' He wasn't kidding. In reality, it wasn't so much a 'Kill Whitey' light, just in 'kill' in general.

this Politically Correct BS is keeping us from having real conversations about what needs to be done.

I talk about appalling levels of rural poverty and incest in SW Virginia and I'm an "ELITIST" because those "down-on-their-luck" Americans "respect each other," right?

But, on the other hand, when you have a "real conversation" about Baltimore and we get this gem:

As my colleague told me early on, "Don't stop at the Kill Whitey lights." I thought he was joking at first, some 'scare the new cracker' type of 'initiation.' He wasn't kidding. In reality, it wasn't so much a 'Kill Whitey' light, just in 'kill' in general.

Tell me again how the REAL problem here is all the "Politically Correct BS" :rolleyes:

Would you please stop trying to make every debate into a racial argument. No one cares that they're Black inner city metro areas. They comment on that they're Democrat-run, have major problems, and yet a Democrat lawmaker from that district who lives in a glass house apparently has decided to solve everyone else's problems but his constituents.

ADVERTISEMENT