ADVERTISEMENT

Trump to declare national emergency

Who can disagree with this statement...

“The President’s unlawful declaration over a crisis that does not exist does great violence to our Constitution and makes America less safe, stealing from urgently needed defense funds for the security of our military and our nation. This is plainly a power grab by a disappointed President, who has gone outside the bounds of the law to try to get what he failed to achieve in the constitutional legislative process.

“The President’s actions clearly violate the Congress’s exclusive power of the purse, which our Founders enshrined in the Constitution. The Congress will defend our constitutional authorities in the Congress, in the Courts, and in the public, using every remedy available.

“This issue transcends partisan politics and goes to the core of the Founders’ conception for America, which commands Congress to limit an overreaching executive. The President’s emergency declaration, if unchecked, would fundamentally alter the balance of powers, inconsistent with our Founders’ vision.

“We call upon our Republican colleagues to join us to defend the Constitution. Just as both parties honored our oath to protect the American people by passing the conference committee bill, the Congress on a bipartisan basis must honor the Constitution by defending our system of checks and balances.

“The President is not above the law. The Congress cannot let the President shred the Constitution.”

If you are going to shred the constitution, you might as well lock HRC and Nancy up. :lock:

Look them up. I posted a link in another thread. None of them spend billions of dollars on a manufactured crisis.
there are 10-20 million people in this country illegally. a lot of drugs, weapons, people, sex traffickers come across that border. will a wall stop all of it? nothing will stop those things 100%. however i will be happy with building more sections and enhancing current sections because they will help slow all of that down. why would anyone actually be against that?

there are 10-20 million people in this country illegally. a lot of drugs, weapons, people, sex traffickers come across that border. will a wall stop all of it? nothing will stop those things 100%. however i will be happy with building more sections and enhancing current sections because they will help slow all of that down. why would anyone actually be against that?

The majority of ppl here illegally came through legal points of entry and overstayed their visas. The majority of illicit material is also smuggled through legal points of entry. A wall will do NOTHING to stop that.

Trump did this to himself with his insistence of a stupid f-ing wall.

If he would have asked for fencing, technology, agents, etc. he probably would have got it. But he campaigned on a wall, and referred to border security as a wall sooo much, that when people hear it all they think is the Berlin Wall on the southern border. He dumbed down border security to the word “wall.” And he did it to appease his base. This is on him.

The majority of ppl here illegally came through legal points of entry and overstayed their visas. The majority of illicit material is also smuggled through legal points of entry. A wall will do NOTHING to stop that.

If he would have asked for fencing, technology, agents, etc. he probably would have got it. But he campaigned on a wall, and referred to border security as a wall sooo much, that when people hear it all they think is the Berlin Wall on the southern border. He dumbed down border security to the word “wall.” And he did it to appease his base. This is on him.

Fricking insanity.

But what if the sex traffickers are bringing 12 year old boys over and they are being bought to be sex slaves by hot women. Would that still be so bad? Where were these sex traffickers when I was a kid am I right guys!

i agree that he did dumb it down to a "wall" but i disagree with the dems giving him fencing/technology/agents. politicians have been talking about beefing up security along the southern border since for decades. but they are politicians so theyve said one thing and then never followed through. the current dems just want to be anti whatever trump is for.

100 miles of fence in hungary virtually eliminated their illegal immigration problem. again, i dont think its going to do that here, but it can have in impact. i dont like the declared national emergency but better security is needed. doing nothing is stupid.

But what if the sex traffickers are bringing 12 year old boys over and they are being bought to be sex slaves by hot women. Would that still be so bad? Where were these sex traffickers when I was a kid am I right guys!
418qWwmIxXL._AC_UL320_SR220,320_.jpg

Is he ever going to put any pressure on Mexico to stop their trash (and trash from other countries that freely traverse the entire length of Mexico) from crossing the border? A wall is nice, but it's up to scummy Mexico to police their side of the border. He should tell Mexico he'll put a cruise missile up their you know what if they don't take care of their side of the border.

I thought Trump was going to make Mexico pay for the wall. It was just more empty promises from a New Yorker and lifetime liberal. It's not my responsibility to keep my neighbors cattle off my land. That's his job. He pays for, erects and maintains the fence. If they get on my place that's on him and he's legally liable to pay for any damage. Same principle should apply to international borders.

Is he ever going to put any pressure on Mexico to stop their trash (and trash from other countries that freely traverse the entire length of Mexico) from crossing the border?

Desperate poor people are "trash" in your world?

It's not my responsibility to keep my neighbors cattle off my land. That's his job.

I suppose "cattle" could be considered a step up from "trash."

Hmmmm...what do you think Fab? Wayne? 85? Would you consider this to be 'racist' language? :)

Reactions: NinjaKnight
The very notion we're doing "nothing" to secure our borders is beyond stupid.
there are between 10-20 million illegal immigrants in this country right now. tons of drugs move across that border daily. what we have done in the past is little more than a bandaid.

your failure to even acknowledge this is a problem is why trump will win 2020.

there are between 10-20 million illegal immigrants in this country right now.
What does that have to do with a border wall?

tons of drugs move across that border daily.
Over 95% of the illegal drugs coming into this country are moving on the water via container ships, non-commercial vessels, pleasure boats, sail boats and fishing boats. How exactly is your border wall going to prevent that?

My failure to acknowledge the problem? I've never said border security is not a national issue. But the fact of the matter is that we pump billions of dollars each year into border security and already have constructed walls and fences covering the most vulnerable sections of the border. Where is your acknowledgement of that?

there are between 10-20 million illegal immigrants in this country right now. tons of drugs move across that border daily. what we have done in the past is little more than a bandaid.

I support the expansion of executive power to get around constitutional checks and balances but...

I sTiLl CaLl MySeLf A lIbErItArIaN

Over 95% of the illegal drugs coming into this country are moving on the water via container ships, non-commercial vessels, pleasure boats, sail boats and fishing boats. How exactly is your border wall going to prevent that?

My failure to acknowledge the problem? I've never said border security is not a national issue. But the fact of the matter is that we pump billions of dollars each year into border security and already have constructed walls and fences covering the most vulnerable sections of the border. Where is your acknowledgement of that?

lmao you just bitch slapped wayne with facts. Not terribly hard to do, but it was still funny

I support the expansion of executive power to get around constitutional checks and balances but...

lmao wayne is having a trayne run on him today.

Glad someone else still remember when wayne called himself a libertarian. God this board gets funnier every day.

Reactions: firm_bizzle

10-20 million people with a porous southern border and you dont think thats contributed? lol ok
border wall will make it slightly harder to move drugs and they will go different routes. knowing a better border wall lets the people looking for that stuff focus on other areas.
we have spent money on walls fences and vehicle barriers. but there are tons of videos of alot of those being easily defeated. clearly they need to be made better.

he said he was going to do this a month or two ago. i wanted him to go through congress but clearly they were more interested in political football. im still glad its getting done but sad the way it had to happen.

Come on guys, the real national emergency is obviously saturday night live.

l8vasp8cl7h21.jpg

And yes, that is actually a real tweet from our current POTUS.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Quick? Its been 30 years since congress decided to pass a law for building a border wall.
meh hes just a crappy troll

Excuse me shitlords, we have a representive based government. If a president who did not win the popular vote is not able to get the votes from a Republican controlled Congress in the first two years and then cannot get the votes from a split Congress in the next two years then the American people have made their decision through who they have decided to elect. That decision is that this wall spending is not a priority.

The president calling something a national emergency and then 5 min later saying that he didn't have to declare it then the next day going golfing for the weekend at maralago should make it clear that it's not a real national emergency. Border crossings are at a 45 year low. There is no emergency. This is a way he can circumvent the constitution of the United States which specifically and exclusively grants congress the power of the purse.

Supporting this circumvention of the constitution is about as anticonservative as you can be. This is the type of shit you would be frothing over if it were Obama.

For me, I don't really care how Trump uses his military budget. It's all wasted spending in my eyes so waste it wherever he wants.

I am excited about the possibilities that this opens up for democrats who likely won't control the Senate ever again due to population migration. This republican acceptance of circumventing the constitution allows us to get shit done republicans would have stopped in Congress.

The Republicans care about the federal deficit -- and now our Constitution -- only when they don't control the WH.

You can bet your bottom dollar these hypocrites will be hugging the Constitution and voicing outrage when the next Democrat President uses this gem by Trump as a precedent for declaring a 'national emergency' on climate change or gun violence.

The Republicans care about the federal deficit -- and now our Constitution -- only when they don't control the WH.

You can bet your bottom dollar these hypocrites will be hugging the Constitution and voicing outrage when the next Democrat President uses this gem by Trump as a precedent for declaring a 'national emergency' on climate change or gun violence.
You may have missed it, but several people on this board have stated that they are not in favor of trump's actions on this because it subverts the constitution.

You may have missed it, but several people on this board have stated that they are not in favor of trump's actions on this because it subverts the constitution.

You asked for an example, Crazy. Wayne posted below that he's 'sad' Trump is trashing the Constitution---but is still happy he's doing it:

he said he was going to do this a month or two ago. i wanted him to go through congress but clearly they were more interested in political football. im still glad its getting done but sad the way it had to happen.

They’re fake conservatives. There is no point in engaging with someone who is intellectually dishonest.

They’re fake conservatives. There is no point in engaging with someone who is intellectually dishonest.
in your quote you are literally engaging with someone who cant admit they were wrong on several recent news stories. who is being intellectually dishonest again?

Senate votes to deny Trump's unilateral fake emergency. 59-41

Almost exactly the margin that he can veto. Such an amazing coincidence that it's almost as if it were planned out that way.

lol Senate Republicans rebuke Trump publicly and Shook Chicken still whines and cries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT