ADVERTISEMENT

Trump wants to nuke hurricanes. He's brought it up multiple times.

So 36 total insane people in america call the national hurricane center and that's suposed to make me feel good that the president is insane person #37?
That’s a TDS take. A lame argument. To call that moronic or insane is actually quite ridiculous in itself.

I thought of it myself once, and that’s the ONLY reason that I know that it won’t work

It is actually a common question here it Florida. I’ve heard it talked about quite often

Look it up. The tsar bomba is by far the largest nuclear bomb ever built and it has a blast radius of 22 miles. That bomb had a yield of 50 megatons. Castle bravo was less than half of that. Neither country has a bomb that is half of the size of castle bravo currently (allegedly). The nuclear threat is not what they make it seem.
Your argument doesn’t even talk in the least about a nuclear winner. That doesn’t take a lot of bombs

Your argument doesn’t even talk in the least about a nuclear winner. That doesn’t take a lot of bombs

There are no bombs left capable of getting particles high enough into the atmosphere to cause nuclear winter.

That’s a TDS take. A lame argument. To call that moronic or insane is actually quite ridiculous in itself.

I thought of it myself once, and that’s the ONLY reason that I know that it won’t work

It is actually a common question here it Florida. I’ve heard it talked about quite often

The thought of nuking hurricanes is moronic and insane. Period. Anyone who thinks that is a moron. End of story.

The thought of nuking hurricanes is moronic and insane. Period. Anyone who thinks that is a moron. End of story.
You’re a moron for not entertaining any and every idea whatsoever to stop these monsters
Period

I guess someone never lost their house or family members in a hurricane

End of story

...because sane people tell the moronic people that the concept is moronic.

Meh. Ya'll are losing your shit over something that was said behind closed doors and only leaked, again, because certain people love selling shit to the media who feed folks like you that eat these stories up.

You’re a moron for not entertaining any and every idea whatsoever to stop these monsters
Period

I guess someone never lost their house or family members in a hurricane

End of story

lol. wut?

FYI - Florida born and raised - been through quite a few hurricanes.

Meh. Ya'll are losing your shit over something that was said behind closed doors and only leaked, again, because certain people love selling shit to the media who feed folks like you that eat these stories up.

I don't even know if the president said it. I do know it's brought up every few years - by different people - and it's always dumb.

I bet in the next 50 years they come up with something that can slightly change the path or reduce the velocity of hurricanes.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
lol. wut?

FYI - Florida born and raised - been through quite a few hurricanes.

I don't even know if the president said it. I do know it's brought up every few years - by different people - and it's always dumb.
Nobody knew that it was dumb inherently

Trump asked a question, now he knows the answer and he will not be asking it again

Just like nearly everyone else. Big effing deal

Nobody knew that it was dumb inherently

Trump asked a question, now he knows the answer and he will not be asking it again

Just like nearly everyone else. Big effing deal
How do we know that it's inherently dumb? Don't get me wrong, I agree that it wouldn't work but it's never been tried so why do we mock the question? It's not like Trump is the first person to ask what would happen if we did it. Oh wait, politics.

How do we know that it's inherently dumb? Don't get me wrong, I agree that it wouldn't work but it's never been tried so why do we mock the question? It's not like Trump is the first person to ask what would happen if we did it. Oh wait, politics.
Agreed. I’m basically fukced this weekend

Thread has excellent timing

I’m glad that we at least have a “moronic” president asking the important “dumb” questions to look out for the average American

Ok seriously. I wish this could be a conversation outside of this thread bc any bit of entertaining the question is seen as jocking Trump and I'm really not interested in that. I repeat, the following isn't a comment specific to nuking a hurricane or our orange man in the WH. I would feel the same wherever it's coming from.

In general I love radical thinkers. In fact, I truly believe we need thinking camps where we gather the world's best minds and get them fuked up on psychedelics for a week and have them come up with radical ideas to push us forward. Dead serious. (This coming from the guy that absolutely hated the kid raising his/her hand in class).

In any other setting it seems perfectly logical for someone to suggest an idea around a device that could potentially unleash enough energy to disrupt the organization of a weather system. If it's something within human reach right now is a different question entirely but the premise is logical imo. I mean we legit will reach a point where we mine asteroids and harness energy from space.

It's unfortunate you can't really think like that in politics with today's climate. And I also understand it's not a system where one should engage in wild experimentation either.

Ok seriously. I wish this could be a conversation outside of this thread bc any bit of entertaining the question is seen as jocking Trump and I'm really not interested in that. I repeat, the following isn't a comment specific to nuking a hurricane or our orange man in the WH. I would feel the same wherever it's coming from.

In general I love radical thinkers. In fact, I truly believe we need thinking camps where we gather the world's best minds and get them fuked up on psychedelics for a week and have them come up with radical ideas to push us forward. Dead serious. (This coming from the guy that absolutely hated the kid raising his/her hand in class).

In any other setting it seems perfectly logical for someone to suggest an idea around a device that could potentially unleash enough energy to disrupt the organization of a weather system. If it's something within human reach right now is a different question entirely but the premise is logical imo. I mean we legit will reach a point where we mine asteroids and harness energy from space.

It's unfortunate you can't really think like that in politics with today's climate. And I also understand it's not a system where one should engage in wild experimentation either.
So you want to round people up and put them in slavery camps. I expected more of you.

Whatever we come up with, it needs to generate freezing temperatures on a dangerously massive scale. Once, again it’s risk vs benefit

Too risky

Whatever we come up with, it needs to generate freezing temperatures on a dangerously massive scale. Once, again it’s risk vs benefit

Too risky
Maybe we are just better off waiting for the next big volcano to erupt. That and huge asteroids hitting the planet are the only things that can actually affect the climate.

Maybe we are just better off waiting for the next big volcano to erupt. That and huge asteroids hitting the planet are the only things that can actually affect the climate.

You are truly a moron, just like your idol, Trump.

Trump btw just said he's never even heard of a cat 5 hurricane. 4 of them have hit the US while he's been POTUS.

Dementia.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
You are truly a moron, just like your idol, Trump.

Trump btw just said he's never even heard of a cat 5 hurricane. 4 of them have hit the US while he's been POTUS.

Dementia.
Straight from CNN. Who cares? Ridiculous

TDS.

Didn’t know the POTUS is supposed to be an expert in categories of hurricanes. Now he’s supposed to be a meteorologist?

I know about it because I took the time to read about it and watch TV sometimes

Just declare it a disaster if needed to free up emergency funds. That’s one of the things presidents do when hurricanes hit

Right guys?

Geez. Defining TDS everyday

So far Trump has said we should nuke this category 5 hurricane, claim he's never heard of a category 5 hurricane, and then wrongly claim this category 5 hurricane will hit Alabama forcing the national weather service to issue a correction to halt panic. He's utterly incapable of managing even this minor crisis.

BuT wHo cArEs iF oUr pReSiDeNt iS a TOtAL mOrOn?

Last edited:

So far Trump has said we should nuke this category 5 hurricane, claim he's never heard of a category 5 hurricane, and then wrongly claim this category 5 hurricane will hit Alabama forcing the national weather service to issue a correction to halt panic. He's utterly incapable of managing even this minor crisis.

BuT wHo cArEs iF oUr pReSiDeNt iS a TOtAL mOrOn?
TDS

Who cares

Once again though, it wouldn’t hurt to have younger presidents if that’s the issue

After Trump of course

Last edited:
It must be a pretty sorry and sad existence when you have such TDS that you’re glued to FNN to the point that you’re just waiting 24/7 to pounce on any word gaffes made by our POTUS

Trump is as dumb as a box of shit. My 8 year old knows that we've had category 5 hurricanes before.
Yeah.., but will your 8 year-old create jobs and improve our economy? I bet your 8 year old knows more about using his I-phone and the latest computer games.

The everyday non-TDS American could give 2 shits about our president’s knowledge of the history of category 5 hurricanes

However, my stocks are going through the roof. Thank you president Trump!!

Next time I vote for a president, I’m going to make sure that he’s up on hurricane categories and their history

That’s most important!

Next time I vote, it will be for a Harvard graduate who’s well versed in meteorology or Friend Chicken’s son even though he’s not 35. I’ll write his name in

Our President daily says some batshit crazy stuff, but I'm inclined to give him a pass on this hurricane business.

That said, you'd think he'd have been briefed by his aides about the situation, including the Hurricane's strength, before speaking to the press.

Our President daily says some batshit crazy stuff, but I'm inclined to give him a pass on this hurricane business.

That said, you'd think he'd have been briefed by his aides about the situation, including the Hurricane's strength, before speaking to the press.
He probably was briefed, but who knows. He may have not fully listened as usual or he knew that it was a 5, but it’s just him not knowing about the other ones is where he made the gaffe

It’s not that big of a deal.

Last edited:
He probably was briefed, but who knows. He may have not fully listened as usual or he knew that it was a 5, but it’s just him not knowing about the other ones is where he made the gaffe

It’s not that big of a deal.

My take on his statement was that it was just incomplete. I took it as him saying "he's never heard of a Cat-5 making landfall".

Trump says something dumb about Cat 5 hurricanes and liberals lose their minds.

Obama calls ISIS a JV Team and liberals collectively yawn as parts of the Middle East burns to the ground.

Trump says something dumb about Cat 5 hurricanes and liberals lose their minds.

Obama calls ISIS a JV Team and liberals collectively yawn as parts of the Middle East burns to the ground.

Good analogy. Don't poke a stick at a crazy religious terror group. I do wish Trump would stop talking about Hurricanes though. Not exactly his strong point.

Good analogy. Don't poke a stick at a crazy religious terror group. I do wish Trump would stop talking about Hurricanes though. Not exactly his strong point.
Exactly. We won’t talk about the Alabama comment

Oops!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Donald Trump's Hurricane Dorian Map Appears to Be Doctored With a Sharpie to Include Alabama

The map Trump displayed was the same as a model produced by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration last week showing the hurricane's projected path cutting through central Florida— with one key difference. Where the original projection ended, a smaller, black circle that appeared to be drawn in sharpie was produced to include Alabama in the model.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a28916647/donald-trump-hurricane-dorian-map-sharpie/

Reactions: NinjaKnight
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Donald Trump's Hurricane Dorian Map Appears to Be Doctored With a Sharpie to Include Alabama

The map Trump displayed was the same as a model produced by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration last week showing the hurricane's projected path cutting through central Florida— with one key difference. Where the original projection ended, a smaller, black circle that appeared to be drawn in sharpie was produced to include Alabama in the model.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a28916647/donald-trump-hurricane-dorian-map-sharpie/
You can’t make this sh!t up

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I believe this to be true

He doesn’t need to even do this crap

At one time it was ENTIRELY possible for this storm to cross Florida and hit Alabama or Mississippi like hurricanes have done before.

Doubt when he said it though as much

Just admit that you made a mistake

However, does this effect my vote?
Why should it?

ADVERTISEMENT