ADVERTISEMENT

Trump wants to nuke hurricanes. He's brought it up multiple times.

I’m pretty sure that’s been proven to be risky and ineffective

They tried cloud seeding in the late 1960’s and maybe early 1970’s, but that wasn’t consistently effective either. It was basically scrapped as a failure

This man has shit for brains.
Since Hurricanes cost the United States many billions of dollars in damage and kill many people, the question isn’t dumb.

Not asking ANY question is dumb

I don’t expect any president to be well educated on the geophysics behind this if that’s the term that we should use to describe his question

Since Hurricanes cost the United States many billions of dollars in damage and kill many people, the question isn’t dumb.

Not asking ANY question is dumb

I don’t expect any president to be well educated on the geophysics behind this if that’s the term that we should use to describe his question
i think it was stupid to suggest nukes. conventional bombs maybe there is something to it, but probably too risky and ineffective.

It would be interesting as a science experiment just to try it. I don't think a nuke has ever been built that is even a fraction as powerful as a hurricane, but it would be kinda cool to see if our technology could even make a dent.

People have this perception of nuclear bombs that is way overblown. Yes, they are powerful, but consider that the largest nuclear warhead ever built would only take out half of Manhattan and perspective changes a little bit.

I’m pretty sure that’s been proven to be risky and ineffective

They tried cloud seeding in the late 1960’s and maybe early 1970’s, but that wasn’t consistently effective either. It was basically scrapped as a failure
They still cloud seed in Colorado around the ski resorts. Some research shows it can have some effect, albeit not massive.

Reactions: UCFWayne
It would be interesting as a science experiment just to try it. I don't think a nuke has ever been built that is even a fraction as powerful as a hurricane, but it would be kinda cool to see if our technology could even make a dent.

People have this perception of nuclear bombs that is way overblown. Yes, they are powerful, but consider that the largest nuclear warhead ever built would only take out half of Manhattan and perspective changes a little bit.
https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Could we possibly just shoot lasers at hurricanes? Maybe put lasers on to seagulls and drop them into the eye?

Pls don't flame me, im just asking and asking questions makes me a great thinker! If i WASNT asking about laser seagulls i would be dum.

Reactions: ReginaeUCF

You're a small thinker unlike our president. We just need moar nukes to really kill a hurricane. Maybe 7 nukes is what we need but until we start nuking hurricanes we won't know that magic number. I'm glad we elected someone who has the balls to stand up to mother earth, we've been taking her shit for far too long.

By this time in his Presidency, Obama had already bombed and destabilized a north African country that created a Jihadist paradise, that later led to the deaths of Americans under the guise of a lie put out by his State Department. That country still exists today as a newly formed Jihadist paradise and a satellite of ISIS.

But ya'll keep obsessing over this irrelevant bullshit, lunatics.

Reactions: drays21
By this time in his Presidency, Obama had already bombed and destabilized a north African country that created a Jihadist paradise, that later led to the deaths of Americans under the guise of a lie put out by his State Department. That country still exists today as a newly formed Jihadist paradise and a satellite of ISIS.

But ya'll keep obsessing over this irrelevant bullshit, lunatics.
dont forget that in the wake of the instability there, an actual slave market was created and thrived.

That's where I get it from. I detonated the Hiroshima bomb in town square in the town I live in (8000 people) and where I live on the edge of town was outside the blast radius. It's kind of a fun site to use to see how powerful nuclear weapons really are, and measure that to the claims that we only need like 50 nukes to destroy the planet. In reality, 50 nukes that we have today couldn't even take out Hawaii.

That's where I get it from. I detonated the Hiroshima bomb in town square in the town I live in (8000 people) and where I live on the edge of town was outside the blast radius. It's kind of a fun site to use to see how powerful nuclear weapons really are, and measure that to the claims that we only need like 50 nukes to destroy the planet. In reality, 50 nukes that we have today couldn't even take out Hawaii.
you gotta scroll down on the list of bombs. it would probably take 10 castle bravo nukes to take out hawaii. and i have to believe we have something bigger than 15mt in hiding.

The problem is hurricanes can stretch hundreds of miles. I don't think even a nuke would do it. Maybe even carry a bunch of radiation to the United States.

I do like open ideas. I think the nuke option isn't safe or would even work. Would a mat type surface that stretches 20 miles that could be remote controlled to follow the hurricane work? Stop the energy from the warm water rising. Cover the eye portion of the hurricane to kill it off.

you gotta scroll down on the list of bombs. it would probably take 10 castle bravo nukes to take out hawaii. and i have to believe we have something bigger than 15mt in hiding.
How many nukes does it take to kill a tornado? Asking for a President... just in case.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Hear me out. If California is in a drought and we nuke the ocean would it splash some water on the dry parts? I'm just asking the questions the scientists are afraid to ask.

The problem is hurricanes can stretch hundreds of miles. I don't think even a nuke would do it. Maybe even carry a bunch of radiation to the United States.

I do like open ideas. I think the nuke option isn't safe or would even work. Would a mat type surface that stretches 20 miles that could be remote controlled to follow the hurricane work? Stop the energy from the warm water rising. Cover the eye portion of the hurricane to kill it off.
trump loves to throw sh;t at the wall and see if anything sticks. i know they will sometimes put out oil rig fires with explosions. so while the idea is crazy, the theory isnt too far out there.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
What if we nuked the desert a shit load of times to shoot sand and dust up in the air and block out the sun. Hurricanes feed off of warmer waters. This plan would create a prolonged cooler period that I will name a "nuclear winter." This would cool the earth's waters significantly and make hurricanes far less likely. This will also bring back the ice caps that all those liberal pussies are always crying about.

What if we nuked the desert a shit load of times to shoot sand and dust up in the air and block out the sun. Hurricanes feed off of warmer waters. This plan would create a prolonged cooler period that I will name a "nuclear winter." This would cool the earth's waters significantly and make hurricanes far less likely. This will also bring back the ice caps that all those liberal pussies are always crying about.
i like it

Could we possibly just shoot lasers at hurricanes? Maybe put lasers on to seagulls and drop them into the eye?

Pls don't flame me, im just asking and asking questions makes me a great thinker! If i WASNT asking about laser seagulls i would be dum.
Can’t we just put fried-chickens into hurricanes? Why waste good seagulls?

Reactions: AAC6800
Why don’t we all just move to Mars? It’s cold as hell there and they don’t get hurricanes

I'm glad you have a sense of humor today.

Hear me out. If California is in a drought and we nuke the ocean would it splash some water on the dry parts? I'm just asking the questions the scientists are afraid to ask.
That’s a great idea!! Let’s nuke Cali and really make 2020 a landslide instead of the tidal wave you’re suggesting

Nuking hurricanes?
Probably not, but I do like open ideas.
Doing nothing about hurricanes?

“Great idea..! Who cares? I live in Nebraska anyway!!
We can do nothing!! It’s just like North Korea!
We are great at doing nothing and never thinking or trying to solve problems!”

Right guys? Yeah team!

—— The Shookster

How many nukes does it take to kill a tornado? Asking for a President... just in case.
We don’t kill Tornadoes. Nobody cares about those states involved. It doesn’t cost us enough money to waste any nukes

We don't (allegedly) have any castle Bravo's left and the largest (allegedly) nuke we have is about 10 megatons. I was just making a reference point to the destructive capability we have in the world in regards to nuclear weapons. People think that a nuke could take out like a third of the country when in fact the largest one ever created wouldn't even dent New York State. The truth is, it would take about 9000 of the largest nuclear bombs in existence to destroy just the US and about 70,000 to destroy the planet. We have lost all perspective on just how big the world is and how small we really are. A hurricane can be as big as 1/6th of the size of the contiguous US and that is still miniscule in comparison to the size of the planet. We just aren't as powerful as some people think we are. Hell, the sun could burp and we would all be dead.

We don't (allegedly) have any castle Bravo's left and the largest (allegedly) nuke we have is about 10 megatons. I was just making a reference point to the destructive capability we have in the world in regards to nuclear weapons. People think that a nuke could take out like a third of the country when in fact the largest one ever created wouldn't even dent New York State. The truth is, it would take about 9000 of the largest nuclear bombs in existence to destroy just the US and about 70,000 to destroy the planet. We have lost all perspective on just how big the world is and how small we really are. A hurricane can be as big as 1/6th of the size of the contiguous US and that is still miniscule in comparison to the size of the planet. We just aren't as powerful as some people think we are. Hell, the sun could burp and we would all be dead.
I don’t know what you’re talking about. It’s well documented that Russia and the United States have the capability of destroying the world many times over.

Some of the nuclear weapons today are more than 3,000 times as powerful as the bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

I don’t know what you’re talking about. It’s well documented that Russia and the United States have the capability of destroying the world many times over.

Some of the nuclear weapons today are more than 3,000 times as powerful as the bomb dropped on Hiroshima.
Look it up. The tsar bomba is by far the largest nuclear bomb ever built and it has a blast radius of 22 miles. That bomb had a yield of 50 megatons. Castle bravo was less than half of that. Neither country has a bomb that is half of the size of castle bravo currently (allegedly). The nuclear threat is not what they make it seem.

It's a frequently asked question

To be clear, Trump would be far from the only person to ever suggest it. Dennis Feltgen, public affairs officer for the National Hurricane Center, says he gets between three and four dozen emails every hurricane season from concerned citizens suggesting climatological nuclear warfare.
So 36 total insane people in america call the national hurricane center and that's suposed to make me feel good that the president is insane person #37?

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Look it up. The tsar bomba is by far the largest nuclear bomb ever built and it has a blast radius of 22 miles. That bomb had a yield of 50 megatons. Castle bravo was less than half of that. Neither country has a bomb that is half of the size of castle bravo currently (allegedly). The nuclear threat is not what they make it seem.
ITT Nebraskan doesn't understand that you can destroy the world without having a bomb that can crack it in half like and egg.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT