ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's Cabinet

The conflict of Interest that occurs in Washington is astounding. Outgoing bureaucrats getting high paying jobs in private industry at companies directly tied to their purview as a public servant. Pay to play for appointments. Campaign donations that can't be traced back to an individual. It's extremely difficult to detect and near impossible to regulate.

The system is flawed in many different ways and I don't think Trump will fix it. It will take bipartisan support and he'll never get the left to put aside their hate to work with him.

The only area he could make headway is in foreign policy since Presidential powers allow him to go it alone.

I'm merely commenting on Trump's love for middle America, but it appears that is now over. He's dumped them for Goldman Sachs.

This just in: Treasury Secretaries are typically ex-bankers, regardless of party. Mostly because you need people who understand banks to be able to regulate them. Obama was also Mr Anti Wall St yet he lined up one ex-banker after another to run the Treasury.

This just in: Treasury Secretaries are typically ex-bankers, regardless of party. Mostly because you need people who understand banks to be able to regulate them. Obama was also Mr Anti Wall St yet he lined up one ex-banker after another to run the Treasury.
Not really. At least not private bankers. Obama had Geithner who was a diplomat prior to being a Fed Bank President, and was succeeded by Jack Few, a guy who was a lawyer and economist from the OMB during the Clinton administration. Neither have ever been employed by private banks.

Not really. At least not private bankers. Obama had Geithner who was a diplomat prior to being a Fed Bank President, and was succeeded by Jack Few, a guy who was a lawyer and economist from the OMB during the Clinton administration. Neither have ever been employed by private banks.

Not really? Geithner was a Fed Bank President, aka the largest bank in the history of the world, that answers to no one.

He's not a banker? Ok....

Not a commercial banker.

Oh, so we're grasping at straws then. Ok.

There's no real distance between the Fed and Goldman or JP Morgan. The Federal Reserve is all part of the exact same system and one does not move without the other. The Fed has employees working inside every single major bank on Wall St. Trying to insist there's a major difference is comical.

Oh, so we're grasping at straws then. Ok.

There's no real distance between the Fed and Goldman or JP Morgan. The Federal Reserve is all part of the exact same system and one does not move without the other. The Fed has employees working inside every single major bank on Wall St. Trying to insist there's a major difference is comical.
Really? Try opening an account or getting a mortgage from the Fed.

How would you all feel if he chooses the Exxon dude for Sec of State?

Not sure how this one gets passed considering the 7-year mandatory buffer period between active duty and Sec. of Defense, by General Mad Dog Mattis for Sec. of Defense.

Not sure how this one gets passed considering the 7-year mandatory buffer period between active duty and Sec. of Defense, by General Mad Dog Mattis for Sec. of Defense.

The same way George Marshall became SecDef- by Congressional waiver.

Mattis would be great IMO. We've had so many years of SJW engineering inside the DOD that has led to a total lack of focus on operational readiness and rebuilding the forces after leaving Iraq and Afghanistan.

It will be ok, because it is the Republicans. They'll find an excuse
The head of an American company that is very successful doing business internationally in a time when foreign held companies are destroying us to manage the government branch that regulations foreign trade. I sure as hell would like to hear what the guy has to say in a confirmation hearing before disqualifying him.

You libtards should be all for the guy because he's an oil guy that believes in AGW. What a wet dream for you.

The head of an American company that is very successful doing business internationally in a time when foreign held companies are destroying us to manage the government branch that regulations foreign trade. I sure as hell would like to hear what the guy has to say in a confirmation hearing before disqualifying him.

You libtards should be all for the guy because he's an oil guy that believes in AGW. What a wet dream for you.

Pretty much what I thought you (or any Trump lover) would say. Also can we stop using "libtard", you sound like a tard saying it.

Pretty much what I thought you (or any Trump lover) would say. Also can we stop using "libtard", you sound like a tard saying it.

I'll give you a real answer then: he won't be the pick, but it would make sense if he was. Exxon is essentially their own branch of US Foreign Policy since they are one of the top 3 market cap companies in the world and they broker deals with foreign governments to obtain drilling rights. I would wager that he knows more foreign leaders than a lot of people in our Government.

I do see a potential COI since the guy signed a deal with Russia in 2011 for arctic drilling rights worth an estimated $300B. Would he be capable of being tough on Putin if his former company's future depends on Russia's blessing? Don't know.

I would probably prefer this guy over someone like Rudy.

Ben Carson for HUD. SMH. A guy who has no experience at all with either issue.

Lol, you're all over the place. You complain when he appoints an insider that knows everything about the banking industry to the Treasury and then you complain when he appoints an outsider to HUD.

Lol, you're all over the place. You complain when he appoints an insider that knows everything about the banking industry to the Treasury and then you complain when he appoints an outsider to HUD.
I guess that's one way to look at it. I would liken both "complaints" to pointing out the irony of the cabinet picks being against the very things some of these people and/or Trump have stood up for during his campaign. Trump railed against Goldman Sachs paying Hillbilly for speeches and saying they're the worst kind of Wall Street firm and they should have no place in our government, then appoints a partner of that same firm to his cabinet. Carson says he wants no part of being in the cabinet because he has no experience, and then later he gets tabbed to run a department in which he has no experience in the field. If you can't appreciate the irony of these, then you're just blindly in love with the Drumpf.

Reactions: bqknight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT