ADVERTISEMENT

UCF 9th (out of 12) in AAC Hoops Conf Game Attendance (Jan 17, 2019)

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
AAC Basketball Conf Game Announced Attendance Rankings (Jan 17, 2019)

For most teams, attendance goes up during conf play and all AAC teams have played at least 2 conf game home games this season.

AAC Conf Game Only Announced Attendance Rankings
Memphis: 14,845 (2 games)
Cincinnati: 10,804 (3)
Wichita St: 10,358 (2)
UCONN: 8,540 (2)
Houston: 6,833 (3)
Temple: 6,274 (2)
SMU: 5,872 (3)
ECU: 4,394 (2)
UCF: 4,288 (2)
Tulsa: 4,055 (3)
cow u: 3,272 (2)
Tulane: 1,287 (2)

AAC Basketball Conf Game Announced Attendance Rankings (Jan 17, 2019)

For most teams, attendance goes up during conf play and all AAC teams have played at least 2 conf game home games this season.

AAC Conf Game Only Announced Attendance Rankings
Memphis: 14,845 (2 games)
Cincinnati: 10,804 (3)
Wichita St: 10,358 (2)
UCONN: 8,540 (2)
Houston: 6,833 (3)
Temple: 6,274 (2)
SMU: 5,872 (3)
ECU: 4,394 (2)
UCF: 4,288 (2)
Tulsa: 4,055 (3)
cow u: 3,272 (2)
Tulane: 1,287 (2)

Plot those school locations on a map and see if any patterns emerge.

Reactions: UCFhonors
The thousand people at the Tulane games, are they allowed to bring their own food and pick their own seats?

Don't think Tulane has had a crowd of a 1,000 in their old 3,700 seat gym this season....as I noted the figures above represent ANNOUNCED attendance...which for some teams, doesn't come close to the "actual" attendance at these games.

Strictly based on student turnout and to an extent all others. Football is the 'in' thing. Basketball, is shorter, don't have to deal with weather, and often games are at times where there is less alternatives. Simply people don't care unless the team is being featured on ESPN. The football team would also see a drop in attendance if the team becomes less relevant, and right now in a lot of peoples eyes... less relevant means not undefeated.

As positive as having a high success is, when there is a drop off the fans that got sucked in for the highest level lose interest when the hype is gone.

We have played at same time as NFL. Not good to get the casual fan. Weekday games are hard to get to also. Tomorrow at noon is perfect. Nothing else going on.

This is not good for a team with a very good record. Tacko Fall alone should be a big draw

UConn and Houston aren’t drawing enough fans as well.

I’m going to have to go to games if it’s that easy to get tickets. Went last year for the first time.

The first time?!

Shame on you!
I’m actually a college football only fan and like St. John’s in college basketball, but it was a fun afternoon out. No reason not to go to more and support the rest of the athletic program. Looking at the schedule now.

Would enjoy seeing UCF and St John’s both make the tournament

How can you blame them with this humiliating effort at home vs a god awful opponent?

Should the fans come out and support the worst effort in the history of D1 hoops?

UCF fans are sabotaging their own athletic program by not showing up to watch a pretty good basketball team.

Pretty good basketball teams don’t get bent over and have it rammed down them without lube at home by sub 150 teams like Tulsa.

You guys want to blame the fans for not showing up while the players take games off and choke away their season in January.

A loss here guarantees no at large bid.

The committee doesn’t give at large bids to teams that lose home games to sub 150 programs.

Pretty good basketball teams don’t get bent over and have it rammed down them without lube at home by sub 150 teams like Tulsa.

You guys want to blame the fans for not showing up while the players take games off and choke away their season in January.

The committee doesn’t give at large bids to teams that lose home games to sub 150 programs.
Up 1.

please don't quote me again. i would prefer not to see you or concernedhehe in my alerts.

Deeznutss goes thru a lot of screen names....

I think the scale is leaning even more towards football.

Football’s success might actually be hurting basketball

I don’t think it has anything to do with football. I think Tacko hasn’t been as entertaining as fans had hoped. BJ is fun to watch but his role seems to have been diminished, and our focus on defense has led to some dismal offense.

Watching mj and rompza, AJ Davis,Matt Williams, jos peppers, MOD was more entertaining than what’s out there now.

This year has been amazing from a w-l standpoint, but it doesn’t feel exciting like in previous years.

I don’t think it has anything to do with football. I think Tacko hasn’t been as entertaining as fans had hoped. BJ is fun to watch but his role seems to have been diminished, and our focus on defense has led to some dismal offense.

Watching mj and rompza, AJ Davis,Matt Williams, jos peppers, MOD was more entertaining than what’s out there now.

This year has been amazing from a w-l standpoint, but it doesn’t feel exciting like in previous years.
The NIT run we had nice crowds. Just 2 seasons ago. Dawkins is way more explosive than any of those guys you mentioned. Marcus wasn’t really that good. People only thought he was because of who his Dad was. I was never a Rompza fan. He looked like a little kid that had to use every ounce of strength to shoot a 3 or pass the ball.

The NIT run we had nice crowds. Just 2 seasons ago. Dawkins is way more explosive than any of those guys you mentioned. Marcus wasn’t really that good. People only thought he was because of who his Dad was. I was never a Rompza fan. He looked like a little kid that had to use every ounce of strength to shoot a 3 or pass the ball.
Dawkins and BJ are the best players ever at UCF. Marcus was good, but never took his game to the next level. Once teams started making him go right he was done. I loved Rompza! He had the will to win you want in any player. Unfortunately, he was only 5'8".

Dawkins and BJ are the best players ever at UCF. Marcus was good, but never took his game to the next level. Once teams started making him go right he was done. I loved Rompza! He had the will to win you want in any player. Unfortunately, he was only 5'8".
I rooted for Rompza on court but he had an attitude on Twitter and him getting a computer from a “friend” and going to Vegas with Marcus and spending 10s of thousands of dollars while saying he didn’t do anything wrong rubbed me the wrong way. The only way I want a 5-9 player again is if he’s super athletic.

Reactions: ahabmw

Good points, but seeing Matt drain 3’s from half court, Tacko’s impact, and a newer Dawkins coach added some mystique and excitement. That year was also BJ at his best imo. This year the talent is there but the games have not been as entertaining as years past. The taste of losing to FAU didn’t help.

Good points, but seeing Matt drain 3’s from half court, Tacko’s impact, and a newer Dawkins coach added some mystique and excitement. That year was also BJ at his best imo. This year the talent is there but the games have not been as entertaining as years past. The taste of losing to FAU didn’t help.
I would like more up tempo and full court press but it’s hard when you have a 7-6 Center. The 2 centers we have coming next season are obviously shorter but we can run tempo with them. One dude is like Nowitzki. Outside shot is nice.

What about Jermaine Taylor?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT