ADVERTISEMENT

***UCF Offense Player Grades/Breakdown (Week 9 vs. Navy)***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
Rivals has partnered with Pro Football Focus (PFF) which grants me access to their comprehensive analytics and statistical tools.

After each game, two separate analysts grade every player on each play of the game and the two totals are averaged out. Obviously no subjective ranking system is perfect, but I am finding that my real world impressions of a player in a certain game usually reflects the PFF grade.

Click on the photos to enlarge the images for easier reading.

But before I break down the offensive numbers, here's a look at the overall team grades for the season thus far:

EqXeSZf.png

Grades overall are pretty good, all things considered. I think we need to weigh UCF's objectives in this game. I know everybody is clamoring for style points and lopsided scores, but Navy is a team that limits overall possessions and pretty much conceded the run to UCF, so they took what was available. And defensively, I wasn't expecting UCF to completely shut down an option team.

Let's take a look at the Offensive Player Summary:

IibABOf.png

McKenzie Milton was obviously very efficient in this game (17-of-21, 200 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT) with another 62 yards on the ground. Snelson and Otis graded well. Kind of surprised to see Greg McCrae a little bit behind (though he graded No. 1 below in rushing). Taj McGowan receives a poor grade due to the fumble.

Let's take a closer look at the blocking grades. This is primarily an OL chart, but all players are listed. Players are listed by their pass blocking grades.

S6DJSZk.png

Wyatt Miller with the top overall grade. Tyler Hudanick did not play. Cole Schneider took his spot of LG. Bailey Granier saw most of the reps at RG, but Sam Jackson did see his first PT of the year with 16 snaps.

Here's how KZ graded:

K3q8mKE.png

The 88.3 passing score was his second best of the year, trailing only UConn.

ii7ERel.png

Here's a look at KZ's grades and stats to areas of the field:

d1Tl9cP.png

Best grades were over the middle 20+ yards.

Here are McKenzie's stats when facing pressure:

7jzUvJE.png

Now let's take a closer look at the running backs, sorted by rushing grade:

UnYe0Km.png

Let's look at the WR grades:

GixJPLx.png

Snelson with the top marks - 5 targets, 5 catches. Gabe Davis appears to be dinged due to a drop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News