ADVERTISEMENT

UCF on the national statistics leader board

UCFProf

Golden Knight
Nov 13, 2011
Milton is 7th in the nation in QB rating (173.0), 9th in yds/attempt
Milton one of only 3 quarterbacks without taking any sacks (out of the top 133 QBs!)
Killins tied for 5th in yds/carry among top 200 rushers and has 2nd longest run from scrimmage
Smith one of the few with more TD receptions than games played (4 in 3 games)

UCF is 7th in points per game (46.3), 7th in total yds/game (539), 16th in rushing yds/game (249.3), up to 26th in 3rd down pct (46%), 1st (with Army) with no sacks, tied for second (with 9) in interceptions and tied for 11th in fumble recoveries (with 5) despite playing 1 or 2 fewer games!

Reactions: Lurky and UCF0509
I've been harsh on Milton but he has managed the last two games very well. He's taking what is put in front of him, and doing some opportune running. Looking at the highlights he made some nice throws today. If he continues to make good decisions we should fare very well the rest of the season.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
I've been harsh on Milton but he has managed the last two games very well. He's taking what is put in front of him, and doing some opportune running. Looking at the highlights he made some nice throws today. If he continues to make good decisions we should fare very well the rest of the season.
Except for receivers not seeming to be on the same page (which I'm sure they'll iron out), it's a smooth-running machine. I could have sworn it was a GOL offense with the long, clock-eating drives that surely frustrated Memphis' powerful offense kept sidelined. All those penalties, but not mechanical ones (motion, jumping too soon, or holding). Lastly, it seemed like MM's sleights of hand and selling a fake keep the Tiger defense off-balance.

Memphis had 52 rushing yards very early (possibly in the 1st quarter) and ended with 75. They were running a variety of different plays.
So after some adjustments, we shut them down

I believe that had 1 run of 20 yards and possibly none over 10 otherwise
Defensive domination!

Team defense numbers out for the season:
UCF is now 7th in scoring defense (13.3/game), 7th in rushing defense (83.7), tied for 2nd in Red Zone defense, 4th in first down defense (18.7/game), 4th in first-down conversion (22%), and FIRST in TURNOVER MARGIN (+2.33/game)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT