ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Portal Thread-signings/rumors

Looks like more of a special teams guy.

I think Pittman/Fox is the duo
How many TEs are we going to have?

With the walkon from Eastern Kentucky coming home and the signee from Michigan State, I see UCF beefing up its TE position to compete in the Big 12.

Fox is likely headed for a redshirt. He barely breaks 200 pounds. I can see him contributing only in passing situations *if* he does play (4 games) as a true freshman.

The real question is how do these additions affect Alec and Max Holler. I had Alec penciled in to return for a 7th, but these guys complicate the TE room as far as playing time for Alec.

Last edited:
Montgomery is an ok pickup (500 rush yards last year, 6.9 average, 4 TDs)…..it is weird that we aren’t a go-to destination for a RB considering our run first bias.

we don't need to pay top dollar for RB's. I feel like we do a pretty good job producing them.

Montgomery is an ok pickup (500 rush yards last year, 6.9 average, 4 TDs)…..it is weird that we aren’t a go-to destination for a RB considering our run first bias.
Gus handpicked this guy. He evaluated all the ones available and decided this guy was the one he wanted. This was his top choice.

Gus didn't settle; he selected. This IS the guy.

With the walkon from Eastern Kentucky coming home and the signee from Michigan State, I see UCF beefing up its TE position to compete in the Big 12.

Fox is likely headed for a redshirt. He barely breaks 200 pounds. I can see him contributing only in passing situations *if* he does play (4 games) as a true freshman.

The real question is how do these additions affect Alec and Max Holler. I had Alec penciled in to return, but these guys complicate the TE room as far as playing time for Alec.
I see where 247 considers Fox a WR…..

we don't need to pay top dollar for RB's. I feel like we do a pretty good job producing them.
I don't think y'all get it...

UCF paid top dollar for Myles Montgomery. He cost more than Ohio State's Evan Pryor. Montgomery is one of the top 15 highest paid RB acquisitions in the portal this year. He cost in the $175k+ range.

This is THE guy.

Myles Montgomery is the heir apparent to RJ Harvey.

Gus handpicked this guy!

Last edited:
Reactions: 90Knight
How good is Xavier Williams at QB? His hudl film makes him look like he might be good enough to carry us to a winning record in Big 12 next season while our new recruits at QB grow up?

How good is Xavier Williams at QB? His hudl film makes him look like he might be good enough to carry us to a winning record in Big 12 next season while our new recruits at QB grow up?
Well, we heard the reason why he didn’t get a single snap last year was because he was more raw than expected and struggled to run the offense

Reactions: Collinsco
Looks like more of a special teams guy.

I think Pittman/Fox is the duo
Naw, he will be out there. He was recruited specifically to be the blocking TE. If you just look at box scores or stats, it will seem like he’s not an impact player. But I see the vision, you need that extra blocker in 22 and 12 personnel groupings. This was Z. Marsh-Wojan’s role at UCF.

Reactions: B R Knightz2

The real question is how do these additions affect Alec and Max Holler. I had Alec penciled in to return for a 7th, but these guys complicate the TE room as far as playing time for Alec.
He looks like a relentless blocker with average speed but good hands. No more missed blocks on screens. Our WRs will have big plays with better blocking. Nice commitment.

He may be manure (Cow, Duke), but I plan to watch Wildcat QB and future UCF portal signee Jordan McCloud sling it Saturday.

Boxes:
One year rental ☑️
Florida native ☑️
Former Cow ☑️
Wildcat QB (of the Arizona variety) ☑️
UCF Knight ⬜

Only one box left to check.

Last edited:
Zeon Chriss
QB | 6’1.25 | 198 | Madison Prep Academy | Baton Rouge, La.
Ranked as a three-star quarterback and the No. 2 quarterback prospect in the state of Louisiana by 247Sports.com…As a junior, Chriss threw for 2,005 yards and 25 touchdowns while leading Madison Prep to the Class 3A state crown…He also added 897 yards and 16 scores on the ground as a junior…He finished his junior campaign by earning District 7-3A Offensive MVP, Advocate All-Metro Offensive MVP and First Team All-State honors…Chose Louisiana over offers from Memphis, San Diego State, App State, South Alabama, Army, Air Force and Miami (Ohio), among others.

Chriss is talented, multi-dimensional QB who will be in the starting QB conversation the second he arrives on campus. A 3-star recruit and one of the top athletes in the state, Chriss led Madison Prep to the school’s first state title in 2020 as a junior and he also excelled on the track in high school, running the 200, 400, relays, and long jump.

Chriss has a strong arm, makes quick decisions, and is able to extend plays with his feet. A lot like Levi Lewis, but a better passer and 3 inches taller. Look for Zeon to be a key contributor early on for the Cajuns.

Freshman Zeon Chriss has been garnering first-team reps at quarterback all spring as both Chandler Fields and Ben Wooldridge have been recovering from surgeries.

But Wooldridge and Fields both were seen at the team's Tuesday practice going through throwing drills. It's a development but neither will be available to participate in the spring game.

So all eyes will be on Chriss. Desormeaux has raved about his progression in protections and coverages. If he can put on a show, Cajuns fans will want to see more of him moving forward.

Zeon Chriss
QB | 6’1.25 | 198 | Madison Prep Academy | Baton Rouge, La.
Ranked as a three-star quarterback and the No. 2 quarterback prospect in the state of Louisiana by 247Sports.com…As a junior, Chriss threw for 2,005 yards and 25 touchdowns while leading Madison Prep to the Class 3A state crown…He also added 897 yards and 16 scores on the ground as a junior…He finished his junior campaign by earning District 7-3A Offensive MVP, Advocate All-Metro Offensive MVP and First Team All-State honors…Chose Louisiana over offers from Memphis, San Diego State, App State, South Alabama, Army, Air Force and Miami (Ohio), among others.

Chriss is talented, multi-dimensional QB who will be in the starting QB conversation the second he arrives on campus. A 3-star recruit and one of the top athletes in the state, Chriss led Madison Prep to the school’s first state title in 2020 as a junior and he also excelled on the track in high school, running the 200, 400, relays, and long jump.

Chriss has a strong arm, makes quick decisions, and is able to extend plays with his feet. A lot like Levi Lewis, but a better passer and 3 inches taller. Look for Zeon to be a key contributor early on for the Cajuns.

Freshman Zeon Chriss has been garnering first-team reps at quarterback all spring as both Chandler Fields and Ben Wooldridge have been recovering from surgeries.

But Wooldridge and Fields both were seen at the team's Tuesday practice going through throwing drills. It's a development but neither will be available to participate in the spring game.

So all eyes will be on Chriss. Desormeaux has raved about his progression in protections and coverages. If he can put on a show, Cajuns fans will want to see more of him moving forward.
We should take a good look at him if Gus is determined to go on the cheap.

The No. 1 ranked juco TE did not sign on ESD.

Gregory Genross (6-7, 230)

He has an SEC body and rus like a gazelle. He was committed to Arkansas until Dec. 13. He visited Miss State the week prior, but did not flip.

My guess is he is not on track to be a December grad and won't be eligible until May or possibly the summer. I not certain whether UCF can "sign" him, but Coach Blackmon should damn sure be looking into it.

After watching three plays of his highlight film, I realized he is more physical running routes than Alec Holler is blocking.

Last edited:
The No. 1 ranked juco TE did not sign on ESD.

Gregory Genross (6-7, 230)

He has an SEC body and rus like a gazelle. He was committed to Arkansas until Dec. 13. He visited Miss State the week prior, but did not flip.

My guess is he is not on track to be a December grad and won't be eligible until May or possibly the summer. I not certain whether UCF can "sign" him, but Coach Blackmon should damn sure be looking into it.

After watching three plays of his highlight film, I realized he is more physical running routes than Alec Holler is blocking.

Hope we can work a TE into the offense more, felt like we wasted Gamble

High School: Named Georgia High School Defensive Player of the Year by the Georgia High School Coaches Association.

Leading tackler on a national Top 10 rush defense. Bethune Tatum 2.0!

Sign him up!!!

Reactions: Robert0122

Told ESPN, he has received "a flurry of interest ... from multiple P5 schools" after being in the portal less than 10 hours.

Nope, we need to bring in Chandler Morris

Chubba Purdy is available too...maybe a decent depth guy, has played some, can run. 2 years left

• Dislike
Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
....we need to bring in Chandler Morris
Im Not No Way GIF

You need to wash your mouth out with soap.

Xavier Williams, Riley Trujillo, h*ll I can get behind Gunner Smith or Brock Hansel.

Anybody but a Chad Morris product.

I ain't worried about it for real because Gus won't allow that kid anywhere near Orlando.

Last edited:

Interesting offer went out to Auburn's two-time leading receiver, a former Gus Malzahn signee.

"The Hewitt-Trussville product totaled over 1,110 receiving yards over 34 games in the last three seasons.

He is the most productive Auburn player to enter the portal as a leader in the wide receiver room over his four years on campus."

He plays slot receiver.

Last edited:
Im Not No Way GIF

You need to wash your mouth out with soap.

Xavier Williams, Riley Trujillo, h*ll I can get behind Gunner Smith or Brock Hansel.

Anybody but a Chad Morris product.

I ain't worried about it for real because Gus won't allow that kid anywhere near Orlando.
Chad Morris is the best QB out there for us

• Dislike
Reactions: U C to the F
This guy has 2 years left, will agree that a one year guy is not in out best interests
You are wrong on both fronts.

Chandler Morris ain't gettin' nowhere near the UCF QB room. (Double negative used for increased emphasis) He may get as close to Orlando as Boca Raton if he is lucky. Even college kids at TCU can see Chandler sucks:

"Following the 35-28 loss to Texas Tech that ended with an interception on a potentially game-tying drive, TCU is still trying to find some consistency in the quarterback spot.

TCU’s redshirt freshman Josh Hoover took over starting duties after Chandler Morris was injured during the game against Iowa State.

In his first start, he led the Frogs to a 44-11 win over BYU and earned Big 12 Co-Offensive Player of the Week honors.

“I think we have to roll with Hoover going forward,” James Lovelady, a senior political science major, said. “We need two more wins to qualify for a bowl game and we haven’t seen a game like Hoover had against BYU from Morris all year.”

Morris is almost ready to play again, but it doesn’t matter to some.

“Hoover should be the quarterback moving forward, even with a healthy Morris,” said Lovelady.

TCU students are all aboard the Hoover train with the intentions of a trip to a bowl game...

Going into the BYU game, TCU’s passing offense was ranked fourth in the Big 12. TCU seemed to address all these issues in the BYU game. As a result, the offense flourished.

“Everything Hoover showed me in the BYU game that he excelled at, Morris has done poorly all year,” senior political science and sports broadcasting major Carson Arnold said.

UCF does need a one-year rental.

CJ Colson is UCF's QB of the Future. He needs a redshirt year to develop and learn the system. If Gus doesn't land a one-year rental, Colson will be forced into action too early as the backup and will burn his redshirt after Dylan Rizk, Xavier Williams, and Riley Trujillo get exposed.

UCF doesn't have to necessarily find a replacement for Timmy McClain, just a compliment backup for 2024. UCF will be sitting pretty at QB in 2025 and beyond.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT