ADVERTISEMENT

UCF QB McKenzie Milton: 'We're better' than No. 3 Notre Dame

I am bizarro land where I am on the UCF board defending ND and on the ND board defending UCF. And I both sides are ridiculously arrogant posts about how much better each team is. Meanwhile, in reality, it would be a hell of a football game.
I agree....I love MM's confidence and he probably loves putting this pressure on himself but if the same defense shows up that we saw in the Temple game(even if it's only a half), that is enough to lose to Cinci. I'd prefer not to add the ND/Playoff conversation with a good opponent in Cinci standing in front of us but our players better be ready to back it up.

I’m not sure if Cincinnati is capable of putting up 34 in a half. Hopefully

Jinxes are for witches and the uneducated. Not saying that you are either, but we have jinxed ourselves one way or another for 22 games in a row now. Therefore, jinxes are a fallacy. An old wives tale.
Uh oh, that was a big jinx.

/kneels
Oh gods of jinx, please have mercy on us for the actions of this unbeliever. He knows not what he does. Please help us to build Recovery Cove quickly so we can find out if he sinks!

Reactions: Mikesi
You keep bringing up Ball State and Vandy didn't gave Book or aDexter Williams, heck we Michigan with a back up QB and RB.

You keep bringing up Ball State and Vandy didn't gave Book or aDexter Williams, heck we Michigan with a back up QB and RB.
What language is this?? Obviously, you aren’t a Notre Dame graduate. USF Troll Maybe?? NGEbraska?

Argument over

images

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Uh oh, that was a big jinx.

/kneels
Oh gods of jinx, please have mercy on us for the actions of this unbeliever. He knows not what he does. Please help us to build Recovery Cove quickly so we can find out if he sinks!
We are going to beat Cincinnati!! You heard it hear first! Jinx that mofos!!!! :football::football::football:

[banana]:cool2:[cheers]:cool2:[roll][laughing]:cool2:[banana]

Reactions: atsKnight
We are going to beat Cincinnati!! You heard it hear first! Jinx that mofos!!!! :football::football::football:

[banana]:cool2:[cheers]:cool2:[roll][laughing]:cool2:[banana]
Oh man, that was even worse.

/kneels
Oh gods of jinx, please accept the sacrifice of the infidel in order to win tomorrow. May the violence done to him be the same as the violence done tomorrow in the trenches.

On an unrelated note, @Mikesi you seem like a really cool guy. We should hang out some time. I have this awesome volcano that we could look at. PM me as soon as you can hang out and you're by yourself. Please don't tell anyone that you're leaving or who you're hanging out with, I'm about to be on Real World: Lincoln and the producers wouldn't like that. Thanks!

WTF does that say?

He’s saying that at the beginning of the season, they didn’t have their starting QB Ian Book or their starting RB Dexter Williams (who has 844 yards rushing yards and 11 TD’s despite only playing in 7 games). Also, it seems silly to give him shit about Vandy when Vandy may very well be favored over every team in the American other than UCF.

This is wholly blown out of proportion. If you asked any player on any undefeated team if they are as good or better as another undefeated team, of course you would say “yes.” Why would you ever say you weren’t? The only way to settle it is by playing. Everything else is conjecture.

He’s saying that at the beginning of the season, they didn’t have their starting QB Ian Book or their starting RB Dexter Williams (who has 844 yards rushing yards and 11 TD’s despite only playing in 7 games). Also, it seems silly to give him shit about Vandy when Vandy may very well be favored over every team in the American other than UCF.
Vandy’s Recent games against AAC schools:
2015: lost 34-0 to Houston.
2014: lost 37-7 to Temple.
2013: beat Houston 34-21 in BBVA Compass Bowl.
2011: beat UConn 24-21.
2011: lost 31-24 to Cincy in Liberty Bowl
2010: lost 41-20 to UConn

I don’t know what all these teams records were for the applicable season.

2-4 against teams in the current AAC doesn’t support the argument, especially when you look at how the AAC teams have gotten better as time moves forward.

They are 2-5 in the SEC so far this year. I think if you put Vandy in our conference even with the SEC money and status they’d be a deadbeat here as well. Once the money and status fell off it wouldn’t be hard to see them being on the level of New Mexico, UTEP, or New Mexico State.

Last edited:
This is wholly blown out of proportion. If you asked any player on any undefeated team if they are as good or better as another undefeated team, of course you would say “yes.” Why would you ever say you weren’t? The only way to settle it is by playing. Everything else is conjecture.

GOL wouldn't allow him to be interviewed. I remember Snelson being suspended by csf for hinting we would score 70 on ecu? The media has some nerve..lol

Vandy favored over every AAC team? Just shut up with that ridiculous garbage. They are 5-6. They beat TN State by 4. They suck. The good AAC teams are like 6-2 against P5 losers like Vandy. Jesus Christ, do a teeny bit of research.

Reactions: ahabmw and Mikesi
Notre Dame is a good team and I don't want to disrespect them any way or what they have accomplished. An undefeated season is pretty remarkable. But if we played them 10 times, I'm not sure one team would have an advantage over the other. When it comes down to it, I tend to go with the school with the most players out of Florida high schools.

On another note, when a kid transfers into UCF from Alabama he has a good shot at making the starting team. When a kid transfers in from Notre Dame he is a backup. Backup at Notre Dame then the next year a backup at UCF, tells me we are at least on their level, if not better.

IMO, if we played Notre Dame 10 times, 5 home and away, I think we win at least 6 games. Our speed is tough to match up with.

One a side note, I have always hated the hurry up spread teams. I felt it left your defense high and dry forcing them to play the majority of the game and they wouldn't be fresh, or at least somewhat rested at the end of the game. I am slowly starting to come around to it. As fast as we play, if the defense could force a 3 and out then the opponents D is right back on the field. Then we put the pedal to the metal again. Leaves the opponents D sucking wind mid way through the 1st quarter.

Reactions: Knight Strength
One a side note, I have always hated the hurry up spread teams. I felt it left your defense high and dry forcing them to play the majority of the game and they wouldn't be fresh, or at least somewhat rested at the end of the game. I am slowly starting to come around to it. As fast as we play, if the defense could force a 3 and out then the opponents D is right back on the field. Then we put the pedal to the metal again. Leaves the opponents D sucking wind mid way through the 1st quarter.
That is definitely a good point and its why i think offense scoring at a high percentage especially TDs early is real important. If you have a defense that can control the game early with some stops in addition to the offense scoring early and often, then its excusable for defenses to lapse due to attrition.
One motivator came from our old DC now with NGEbraska, something to the effect of having the opportunity to make big plays and treating the game like you did when youre a kid, playing all day. Another way of improving our defense in a hurry up scheme is to plan to rotate deep and hope you can coach as many players to be effective fresh bodies.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Vandy favored over every AAC team? Just shut up with that ridiculous garbage. They are 5-6. They beat TN State by 4. They suck. The good AAC teams are like 6-2 against P5 losers like Vandy. Jesus Christ, do a teeny bit of research.

Oh, I've done my research and it's not ridiculous garbage at all. Which teams from the American do you think would be big favorites over Vandy? Houston? The same Houston that lost to Ole Miss when they actually had their QB? You realize that Vandy beat Ole Miss, right? Memphis? The same Memphis that lost to Missouri by 32? You do realize that Vandy just played Missouri last week and lost 33-28, right? You do realize Vandy played Notre Dame, Florida, and Kentucky down to the wire, right? You mean to tell me that teams like Tulsa, East Carolina, Navy, SMU, USF, Tulane, Uconn, etc. would be favored over Vandy? Sorry, but that's just not the case.

Vandy would project to be one of the top teams in the conference. They are similar to the other top teams in the conference other than UCF. I'd say they might be a very slight dog to a couple of teams (maybe Cincy and Temple, for example) and would be favored against almost all of the rest. Now don't get me wrong...I don't think Vandy is a very good football team...I just don't think the teams in the American are very good either. I do think the American may very well have decent bowl results if the current projections stand, however. Really like the American teams to beat the Sun Belt and CUSA teams they're projected against.

Last edited:
Oh, I've done my research and it's not ridiculous garbage at all. Which teams from the American do you think would be big favorites over Vandy? Houston? The same Houston that lost to Ole Miss when they actually had their QB? You realize that Vandy beat Ole Miss, right? Memphis? The same Memphis that lost to Missouri by 32? You do realize that Vandy just played Missouri last week and lost 33-28, right? You do realize Vandy played Notre Dame, Florida, and Kentucky down to the wire, right? You mean to tell me that teams like Tulsa, East Carolina, Navy, SMU, USF, Tulane, Uconn, etc. would be favored over Vandy? Sorry, but that's just not the case.

Vandy would project to be one of the top teams in the conference. They are similar to the other top teams in the conference other than UCF. I'd say they might be a very slight dog to a couple of teams (maybe Cincy and Temple, for example) and would be favored against almost all of the rest. Now don't get me wrong...I don't think Vandy is a very good football team...I just don't think the teams in the American are very good either. I do think the American may very well have decent bowl results if the current projections stand, however. Really like the American teams to beat the Sun Belt and CUSA teams they're projected against.
Vandy finishes sixth in aac

Why is everyone using Vandy as an example? For some reason, they can beat some G5 teams and yet shit on the bed in their conference. That said I doubt they do well in the AAC east. UCF, the Cows and Cinci would beat them any time of the year. ECU would win if its early and Temple would win if they were scheduled in the middle of the season.
If you want to talk about crap SEC teams sure Arkansas proved to beat Tulsa already. They would only beat bottom feeders in our conference, maybe have better games with middle teams.

Why is everyone using Vandy as an example? For some reason, they can beat some G5 teams and yet shit on the bed in their conference. That said I doubt they do well in the AAC east. UCF, the Cows and Cinci would beat them any time of the year. ECU would win if its early and Temple would win if they were scheduled in the middle of the season.
If you want to talk about crap SEC teams sure Arkansas proved to beat Tulsa already. They would only beat bottom feeders in our conference, maybe have better games with middle teams.

That’s because the teams in their conference are ridiculously tougher than the teams they’re playing out of their conference. Teams like Missouri who look average in conference beat Memphis by 32 points and Memphis lost to Tennessee something like 20 times in a row. Teams like Arkansas pitch shutouts against teams like Tulsa and have beaten them many in a row. Teams like South Carolina beat G5 teams with tremendous frequency. Don’t be fooled by the records these “bottom” teams have in conference. They still handle the vast majority of G5 teams with ease.

Last edited:
MZ's comment was 100% in the context of direct comparison v. Pitt. That's it. Everyone misses that.

hes-not-wrong-you-know.jpg

SEC homer website did a hit piece saying Vandy has better Recruits than AAC schools. More 4and 5 stars over last 5 years. Therefore AAC schools don't have the talent and cannot beat Vandy. Except the AAC schools do beat them where it matters on the football field.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
That’s because the teams in their conference are ridiculously tougher than the teams they’re playing out of their conference. Teams like Missouri who look average in conference beat Memphis by 32 points and Memphis lost to Tennessee something like 20 times in a row. Teams like Arkansas pitch shutouts against teams like Tulane and have beaten them many in a row. Teams like South Carolina beat G5 teams with tremendous frequency. Don’t be fooled by the records these “bottom” teams have in conference. They still handle the vast majority of G5 teams with ease.

Memphis wasn't motivated for that game against Missouri. They had just played their hearts out and lost their RB to injury.

Memphis wasn't motivated for that game against Missouri. They had just played their hearts out and lost their RB to injury.
Wish Missouri would have traveled to Memphis that week instead of playing UCF

Wonder what the score would have been then

Vandy is an f’n joke, as is the rest of the SEC East outside of Georgia and Florida. Vandy loses to UCF, Temple, Houston, Memphis, Cinci EASY. Probably also lose to USF, Tulane and ECU too.

Friggin Vandy? Shut up.

Vandy is an f’n joke, as is the rest of the SEC East outside of Georgia and Florida. Vandy loses to UCF, Temple, Houston, Memphis, Cinci EASY. Probably also lose to USF, Tulane and ECU too.

Friggin Vandy? Shut up.

Easy? So Vandy doesn’t lose to Notre Dame, Florida, Kentucky, etc. easy...but they lose to ALL of those teams easy? Based on what? Ole Miss is near the bottom of the SEC West and lost to Vandy. Would they lose to all those teams easy too? Oh wait, Ole Miss actually played Houston and beat them by multiple scores? Man, this is confusing.*

And now you’re saying teams like Missouri are “f’n jokes”? The same Missouri that beat Memphis by 32 points? Really bizarre bias you have.

Last edited:
Yes, Ole Miss loses to them too. They also suck. You listed a bunch of Vandy losses as if losing is impressive. Close loss to ND? Yeah, so was Pitt. Ya know Pitt, right? The team UCF pounded into the dirt.

It’s funny, all you SEC honks refuse to play the transitive property game when UCF uses it to argue their national title after beating Auburn, who beat UGA and Bama BUT you’ll use it to defend....Vandy?

Don’t like when you lose hypothetical games? Neither do we. Welcome to our world.

Sorry, you either do or you don’t. Vandy and the SEC East suck.

Yes, Ole Miss loses to them too. They also suck. You listed a bunch of Vandy losses as if losing is impressive. Close loss to ND? Yeah, so was Pitt. Ya know Pitt, right? The team UCF pounded into the dirt.

It’s funny, all you SEC honks refuse to play the transitive property game when UCF uses it to argue their national title after beating Auburn, who beat UGA and Bama BUT you’ll use it to defend....Vandy?

Don’t like when you lose hypothetical games? Neither do we. Welcome to our world.

Sorry, you either do or you don’t. Vandy and the SEC East suck.

Oh, I’m certainly happy to use nearly any “property” you want. You keep talking about UCF and I agree that UCF is a good team. But that’s not what we’re talking about. We’re talking about the fact that none of the other teams are very good. You realize that NONE of those American teams have a win over ANY Top 30 teams, correct? There’s really no reason at all to think that any of them are good. They don’t recruit well and they have awful collective records over good teams over any significant sample. The only evidence we really have suggests that some of the top teams in the conference like Houston and Memphis don’t even compare favorably to some of the of the mid to lower level SEC teams...teams like Ole Miss and Missouri. Heck, teams like Missouri and Kentucky are rated higher than all of those random teams you mentioned in virtually every human poll AND every computer poll...yet somehow you’ve determined the former teams are “‘f’n jokes” but you have nothing to say about the latter teams. Really should work on your bias.

Wow this has to be the most delusional fan base in the country. I respect UCF and it seems they have a great academics for athletes but their fans? Wow... Just wow lol!

Wow this has to be the most delusional fan base in the country. I respect UCF and it seems they have a great academics for athletes but their fans? Wow... Just wow lol!
Maybe you need to wow your ass over to your own board and discuss with your own peeps how you curb stomped Pittsburgh.

Oh wait..,, that was us

Spoken from a fan who’s trolling another team’s board on Thanksgiving. Wow. Just wow

All of the pissing contests about hypothetical matchups are getting old.

The G5 schools have to do more with less and, for the ones that do, there usually is a setback due to a coaching change or a star player graduating. The P5 schools have their clear top and bottom tier teams. The line between the top G5 and lower P5 can be blurry.

Reactions: bluechip12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT