ADVERTISEMENT

UCF / TT GAMEDAY THREAD!

Defensive guys clearly confused about where to line up and linebackers getting plowed over by a running back. Totally embarrassing.
Thank goodness we have a defensive coordinator that has years and years of experience, and will be able to straighten that out quickly!

Really ???
Yes, really. If we get into a bowl like the Gasparilla Bowl against a WKY or worse yet S Florida and they beat us that will do absolutely nothing for our program other than kill our recruiting. It will add no positive direction. Please explain how it would.

Yes, really. If we get into a bowl like the Gasparilla Bowl against a WKY or worse yet S Florida and they beat us that will do absolutely nothing for our program other than kill our recruiting. It will add no positive direction. Please explain how it would.
Not only does it, give us extra practice time, but gives us experience. As to the bowl, It also is good for historical perspectives in that it keeps a streak alive for bowl games. There is absolutely no downside should we get in a bowl. You cannot be scared to lose the game, that’s what many people play for, to get into the bowl. There is no doubt that we should have 7/8 wins right now have things gone the way they should’ve gone. The kids deserve a bowl. There is no downside to going to a bowl unless we don’t appreciate it from an attitude/work ethic.

Beat Houston !!!!

Last edited:
So what’s the consensus? Is this a deficiency of coaching, talent, or drive? No matter which, next season is gonna be a blood bath if something drastic doesn’t change.
Coaching bad, QB bad, undersized on defense, that’s pretty much it right there.

Recruiting is really great.

Last edited:
At least 7 points left on the field: 3 before half, missed 32 FG, block XP. At least they would have been forced to have to drive for a TD. Too many mistakes.

Their RB is an NFL RB.

Not only does it, give us extra practice time, but gives us experience. As to the bowl, It also is good for historical perspectives in that it keeps a streak alive for bowl games. There is absolutely no downside should we get in a bowl. You cannot be scared to lose the game, that’s what many people play for, to get into the bowl. There is no doubt that we should have 7/8 wins right now have things gone the way they should’ve gone. The kids deserve a bowl. There is no downside to going to a bowl unless we don’t appreciate it from an attitude/work ethic.

Beat Houston !!!!
I 100% agree with several statements you make. The experience gained by the players is a definite plus. Most of them gave 110% but weren’t coached properly. As for the streak, I never want it to end! I just worry that by making a bowl Terry and Gus will consider this a very successful year to build on, when in actuality there are parts of the program that need massive improvement and/or changes (as in coaching staff, philosophy, etc). Maybe it would help to stop the game announcers from telling everyone what an offensive genius Gus is as he blows another winnable game. We’re in the big leagues now and need to have coaches that have that level of experience, coaches that know how to make game time adjustments, how to bring out the best in players, how not to play favorites, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: connerito
I 100% agree with several statements you make. The experience gained by the players is a definite plus. Most of them gave 110% but weren’t coached properly. As for the streak, I never want it to end! I just worry that by making a bowl Terry and Gus will consider this a very successful year to build on, when in actuality there are parts of the program that need massive improvement and/or changes (as in coaching staff, philosophy, etc). Maybe it would help to stop the game announcers from telling everyone what an offensive genius Gus is as he blows another winnable game. We’re in the big leagues now and need to have coaches that have that level of experience, coaches that know how to make game time adjustments, how to bring out the best in players, how not to play favorites, etc.
A good coach puts players in positions to succeed. Certainly on defense we struggled with that. On offense, again, Gus looks like a genius at times, but makes you scratch your head at others.

When Gus gets interviewed it’s Coach speak. I tend to believe that the A.D. has been more honestly aggressive and will not settle for anything but success. Again, he’s only been here for a few years and he’s done a pretty good job developing the football program to succeed with long term results. His interviews seem to suggest that. I think Gus was the right, hire, when hired, and even now but not necessarily the long-term answer

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight59
I didn't think they played too badly. Very surprised to see Boomer miss the field goal and the extra point. Those two mishaps could have very easily made the difference in the game. Some costly penalties that hurt us badly. Can't have too many of those and win big games. They didn't play as well as they did last week but it wasn't awful either. Maybe we should always wear Cape Canaveral Blue. :)

Harvey looked pretty beat up too which didn't help us. His production over the last two months caught up to him and we know he has a foot issue.

Guess what…
Even if he Boomer had hit field goals on that drive and the one he missed, the blocked extra point would have been the nail in the coffin.

Texas Tech had a guy who could have rushed for 200-250 yards had TT needed him to.

Do you really think A-WILL's defense could have stopped Texas Tech on that final drive?

I’ve seen a couple pics now on socials of SJ flying on a private plane. This doesn’t sit right with me, unless a rich guy paid for it.
His dad is a rich guy ( even before Blind Side) n probably introduced his family to other rich guys I imagine

Even if he Boomer had hit field goals on that drive and the one he missed, the blocked extra point would have been the nail in the coffin.

Texas Tech had a guy who could have rushed for 200-250 yards had TT needed him to.

Do you really think A-WILL's defense could have stopped Texas Tech on that final drive?
No. Football is a game of momentum. Even a small fg at halftime tou go into the lockeroom with the lead on the road. Mentally you feel good about it. At same time ucf had 20 mins of possession to TT’s 10.

Instead coach bozo calls a low percentage play with no ability to stop the clock and sucks the air out of the balloon. Now we sit tied and TT gets a momentum boost.

Absolute idiocy on this coaching staff.

That JRP interception into triple coverage was so bad as well

Has he had a start this year with no turnovers? Even the Oklahoma State game he had a fumble lost and a couple close calls

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT