ADVERTISEMENT

UCF v. FSU in Gasparilla?

CBlackwellRN

Silver Knight
Oct 21, 2001
Orlando, Florida
drchristopherblackwell.com
If the Knights end up in the Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa, is there a high probability we'd face the Seminoles? And if so, would everyone be in favor of this matchup? Although FSU is down, they have won national championships. Any opportunity for UCF to face a program with as storied a history as FSU has is good by me. Plus, both teams would fill the stadium. On a personal note, it would tear my family apart since both my brother and sister are FSU Alums and die-hard FSU (and UCF) fans. Part of me thinks this is probably too good to be true--FSU will pull a UF and ensure the powers that be don't schedule the two of us in a bowl. Thoughts?

GO KNIGHTS!! BEAT THE bulls...

https://www.nolegameday.com/fsu-projected-to-play-in-state-school-in-gasparilla-bowl/

If the Knights end up in the Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa, is there a high probability we'd face the Seminoles? And if so, would everyone be in favor of this matchup? Although FSU is down, they have won national championships. Any opportunity for UCF to face a program with as storied a history as FSU has is good by me. Plus, both teams would fill the stadium. On a personal note, it would tear my family apart since both my brother and sister are FSU Alums and die-hard FSU (and UCF) fans. Part of me thinks this is probably too good to be true--FSU will pull a UF and ensure the powers that be don't schedule the two of us in a bowl. Thoughts?

GO KNIGHTS!! BEAT THE bulls...

https://www.nolegameday.com/fsu-projected-to-play-in-state-school-in-gasparilla-bowl/
Love to see it! And would like to beat that school that the other half of my family went to. We don't talk. And yes completely a possibility.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
Bowl committees never schedule in state matchups, especially P5 vs G5, for whatever reasons. So this is doubtful.

Would FSU pull a UF and get the bowl committee to dodge this game?

True. And is the “no in state teams” an official policy? If so, why? Makes no sense whatsoever.
No but they usually want unique matchups. In state play each other usually. Hard to get people to go to a meaningless bowl game and if you make it teams that have played a few times in last 10 years it won’t make people want to go.

Reactions: Wings0fred
No but they usually want unique matchups. In state play each other usually. Hard to get people to go to a meaningless bowl game and if you make it teams that have played a few times in last 10 years it won’t make people want to go.
Plus there would be a lot less people staying in hotel rooms and hanging around for a few days spending money in the city If those two teams played in FL

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I'm an FSU fan that started following UCF, and I work for UF (wrap your head around that)

I think UCF vs FSU would be a great matchup bowl-wise for both teams. I'm a little annoyed though that UCF isn't 11-0 given that they had the talent to get to the Cotton Bowl and beat whatever team was there.

Still, in a matchup like this, I'd give a slight edge to UCF. FSU's O-Line is awful. They make a lot of D-Lines look Alabamaesque. No matter who the QB is I'd expect UCF to get home and make a lot of sacs. Akers is good, but inefficient if FSU can't mix it up. And kicking/ST? Forget it, advantage UCF.

That being said, the FSU D would probably get home a couple times on DG. And Heupel is very poor at coaching situational football that I'm not sure he could take advantage of UCF's strengths. BUT, I also know that FSU gets routinely beat on the same play over and over again, so maybe they get away with it.

This is one where whomever has the ball last (if they're trailing) will probably lose. I'd say UCF 38, FSU 34

Just read there is a possible scenario for the AAC to send a team to the Hawaii Bowl and that UCF would be the logical choice..........nice trip for the players but very crappy for the fans..........
Playing Hawaii or BYU?

I'm an FSU fan that started following UCF, and I work for UF (wrap your head around that)

I think UCF vs FSU would be a great matchup bowl-wise for both teams. I'm a little annoyed though that UCF isn't 11-0 given that they had the talent to get to the Cotton Bowl and beat whatever team was there.

Still, in a matchup like this, I'd give a slight edge to UCF. FSU's O-Line is awful. They make a lot of D-Lines look Alabamaesque. No matter who the QB is I'd expect UCF to get home and make a lot of sacs. Akers is good, but inefficient if FSU can't mix it up. And kicking/ST? Forget it, advantage UCF.

That being said, the FSU D would probably get home a couple times on DG. And Heupel is very poor at coaching situational football that I'm not sure he could take advantage of UCF's strengths. BUT, I also know that FSU gets routinely beat on the same play over and over again, so maybe they get away with it.

This is one where whomever has the ball last (if they're trailing) will probably lose. I'd say UCF 38, FSU 34
Agreed...it would be solid match up and full attendance. Not sure FSU would agree due to obvious reasons. It's crazy we haven't played for almost 25 yrs and knowing FSU had agreed to series w/Boise State. I just don't get it.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
Playing Hawaii or BYU?
BYU is already locked into the Hawaii Bowl. If Hawaii beats Boise in the MWC CG then Hawaii goes to the Vegas Bowl as the MWC champ and AAC team plays BYU. If Hawaii loses to Boise in MWC CG and Boise gets the Cotton Bowl, then Hawaii goes to Vegas and AAC team plays BYU.

If Hawaii loses to Boise but Boise doesn't go to Cotton, Boise goes to Vegas and Hawaii goes to Hawaii Bowl to play BYU.

BYU is already locked into the Hawaii Bowl. If Hawaii beats Boise in the MWC CG then Hawaii goes to the Vegas Bowl as the MWC champ and AAC team plays BYU. If Hawaii loses to Boise in MWC CG and Boise gets the Cotton Bowl, then Hawaii goes to Vegas and AAC team plays BYU.

If Hawaii loses to Boise but Boise doesn't go to Cotton, Boise goes to Vegas and Hawaii goes to Hawaii Bowl to play BYU.
Last scenario sounds most likely to me.

I am thinking they might. ACC has some power I’m sure. Probably not as much as SEC had last year that allowed uf to deck out of the Fiesta. But I’m sure if FSU didn’t want to play us, the ACC could make sure that didn’t happen.
Of course

When did some of you start watching college football?

FSU has gone all over the country countless times for games. They have never had a reputation for dodging anyone.

Don’t confuse us with the pussies in Gainesville’s.

When did some of you start watching college football?

FSU has gone all over the country countless times for games. They have never had a reputation for dodging anyone.

Don’t confuse us with the pussies in Gainesville’s.
Your program is in scramble mode right now. No Coach, AD who doesn’t have a background in sports, and a President who is retiring. I wouldn’t put it past them to pull all kinds of stunts right now

Your program is in scramble mode right now. No Coach, AD who doesn’t have a background in sports, and a President who is retiring. I wouldn’t put it past them to pull all kinds of stunts right now

We just finalized a deal with Bama while we were in your quote on quote shambles.

We have one with UGA and they are trying to workout one with LSU. FSU would not try and ask the ACC to avoid you guys in a shit bowl game.

Please stop!

We just finalized a deal with Bama while we were in your quote on quote shambles.

We have one with UGA and they are trying to workout one with LSU. FSU would not try and ask the ACC to avoid you guys in a shit bowl game.

Please stop!
Please leave then.
All of that is great and everything, but yes your program is a huge dumpster fire right now. Just admit it instead of freaking out on another teams board about how everything is rosy with your program.

Please leave then.
All of that is great and everything, but yes your program is a huge dumpster fire right now. Just admit it instead of freaking out on another teams board about how everything is rosy with your program.

4417921.gif

Please stop!
Haha the program interviewing Deion for its head coaching job. Real stable.

The AD tried to fool you guys into thinking you’d get Bob Stoops. Little did you know he’s trying to push his brother from KY. Hahaha

Then the latest news, FSU tries to put out a false story that WT never signed his contract. Haha it was the school that never signed it. More chaos

Haha the program interviewing Deion for its head coaching job. Real stable.

The AD tried to fool you guys into thinking you’d get Bob Stoops. Little did you know he’s trying to push his brother from KY. Hahaha

Then the latest news, FSU tries to put out a false story that WT never signed his contract. Haha it was the school that never signed it. More chaos

FSU put it out?

However, earlier today, a story from Matt Baker of the Tampa Bay Times stated that Taggart and Florida State never actually signed an official contract. As a result, there looked like a possible way for the school to get out of the $18 million it owed him.

FSU put it out?

However, earlier today, a story from Matt Baker of the Tampa Bay Times stated that Taggart and Florida State never actually signed an official contract. As a result, there looked like a possible way for the school to get out of the $18 million it owed him.
If that happened Willy needs a new agent, because he should be on top of everything contract related.:sunglasses:

Hahahaha! Slick Willie T didn’t sign the contract?? Not a chance in hell!

That dude signed that shit before the ink even had a chance to dry!!

Well.., right after he could stop drooling on himself from excitement and mumbling about how he conned FSU so badly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT