ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs BYU Game Thread.

We came out FLAT and look like we’ve just been dicking around leading up to this game...

Can someone explain why they WOULDN’T want to blow up this staff and go younger? Like what is your rationale? Clearly the old school guys can’t do jack shit here. Why not give guys like Kevin Smith, etc a chance?

I was insulted and kicked from this forum and nobody here had the balls to stick up for my right to post an informed opinion. Everyone likes getting fed a meal of b.s. cooked well at the Dungeon.

Too much talent on the team to recruit, that was one the favorite lies told by Dungeonites. Imaginary talent I said, nobody is even getting drafted.

Speaking facts makes me a troll in their eyes. Then I am a troll!
I don't check these forums a lot other than on gamedays or games leading to gameday but sorry to hear. A lot of the ppl in these forums are soft and get offended easily and will make you a target if you say something even slightly controversial. Just ignore them man, there are always gonna be sucky people in the world, even sucky UCF fans

Reactions: Trashcanzzz
Why the hell are we not getting Parker Navarro some PT now?

Look, I support DG being our starter, but -- for the love of all things holy -- let's try to develop some depth!

Reactions: Knight59
I get the losses to COVID, players opting out, injuries, and the portal. I don’t understand how a coach can so trash a top 25 team so quickly in two years. We’ve lost six games in two years, all six where we were leading in the third quarter. We haven’t won a single close game against a major competitor in the last two years. Heupel gets out coached repeatedly.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I get the losses to COVID, players opting out, injuries, and the portal. I don’t understand how a coach can so trash a top 25 team so quickly in two years. We’ve lost six games in two years, all six where we were leading in the third quarter. We haven’t won a single close game against a major competitor in the last two years. Heupel gets out coached repeatedly.

He’s a first-time head coach that’s learning how to run a program on the job? Seems fairly reasonable.

He’s a first-time head coach that’s learning how to run a program on the job? Seems fairly reasonable.
I get that. But I don’t get the way he doesn’t seem to learn from his mistakes. We get a big lead in the third quarter and he suddenly starts handing the ball up the middle multiple times over and over and diverges from the original game plan that got us a big lead to begin with. Then when the other team starts catching up he does nothing to adjust, just hangs on and hopes the clock runs out. I haven’t seen anything to suggest he’s learning from those games.

I refrained from posting for the last few games in regards to coach Heup. However, this is embarrassing. I have said it for the past two years, he is just a stubborn play caller. He came in here and basically said, I don’t give a crap that the offense was humming with Frosts style, let’s just throw it all away. This guy can beat the piss out of crap teams but loses against anyone with a pulse. Pay may $250,000 and I can give you the same results of this clown.
I hope we can get some UCF guys coaching here, we need passion.

Reactions: Knight59
So because he’s a first time head coach he should get a blank check to destroy this program? Because recruiting sucks, on field sucks, off field sucks. Explain one good thing he’s done as a coach besides beat up horrific teams.

Reactions: Finance2000Knight
He has been head coach for thee years and all I see is decline. He has been coach for damn near 20-years, either he can do it or he can’t. I don’t buy that line of logic at all. He is a Peter principal type hire. He is at best an assistant then.

So because he’s a first time head coach he should get a blank check to destroy this program? Because recruiting sucks, on field sucks, off field sucks. Explain one good thing he’s done as a coach besides beat up horrific teams.
I think his play calling has regressed, but his tactics have shown a SLIGHT improvement this year.

Recruiting is dramatically better under CJH than Frost, and anyone that comments otherwise is full of shit.

Let’s figure out a way to get Kevin Smith in here with the intent of developing him into a head coach. We need UCF guys for the long run.

I think his play calling has regressed, but his tactics have shown a SLIGHT improvement this year.

Recruiting is dramatically better under CJH than Frost, and anyone that comments otherwise is full of shit.
His recruits haven’t beaten a winning team this year. Those same recruits are getting humiliated on national tv and pushed around by a backup oline. But sure “he recruits better.” Frost’s recruits meanwhile are in the nfl or are getting ready for nfl.

Reactions: Finance2000Knight

How do you figure we are trending down and you can’t see that I don’t know what to say.

As a fan of my alma mater's football team, I am happier with 2* and low 3* recruits who get coached well, win big games, and get drafted into the NFL than with higher 3* recruits who stagnate/regress under poor coaching, lose every big game they play, and most will likely be UDFA for NFL.

His recruiting hasn’t produced any tangible results as of yet. In direct contrast, his coaching has. He does not respond well to the pressure of playing good teams. Our team has been undisciplined the last two years, committing way more penalties than we ever have, and having more off-field issues. We’ve never had players fighting each other on the sidelines and we have no obvious team leaders. That all falls on him.

Reactions: UCFatz1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT