ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs Cinci SOLD OUT!

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
End Zone surge pricing kicked in a week ago when cheap end zone tix went from $25 to $35...and then when game time of 8 pm AND Game Day was announced...priced jump to $60 and now its $75 and now almost gone!

(Ironically, those tix back in July could have been had for the entire SEASON TIX for just $99-$119)

Ticketmaster-for-Cinci-game-6-days-out-at-2-pm.png

Live tix availability
https://www1.ticketmaster.com/ucf-k...rcats-college-football/event/220054FACBE8B199

I have to attend a wedding. Wonder when I should post mine for sale
ASAP. It’s hot right now. Post it now and watch the trends. I can’t attend Gameday, but thankfully I can tailgate and attend the game.

A lot of people get married this time of year.

ASAP. It’s hot right now. Post it now and watch the trends. I can’t attend Gameday, but thankfully I can tailgate and attend the game.

Yup, I missed the USF game last year attending a wedding!

Many are unsold West Side Stadium Club Season Tix that are $200 plus per game but that's not too bad considering plan bleacher seat in upper end zone are now $75.

And still walks upstairs to use the restroom. SMH.
I ate all of your Paella. Highly recommended.
It’s the only thing in the whole stadium that ever filled me up. Totally worth the $12. Very surprised how good the quality was.

However, i needed a nap afterwards

Reactions: Knight Strength
Surprise surprise that Cincinnati is turning out to be our biggest game of the season. Who predicted this pre-season?

Dumb question here: Do we beat the overflow/SRO crowd from the Miami game back in 2009 ?
Not a dumb question. It’s unfortunate, but I don’t think that we will be able to. Simply because the addition of the Cabana has significantly lowered the number of seats

By the way, the Navy game looked like a near sellout. 44,738. Maybe it was

Amazing attendance this year that will finish strong. Will silence a lot of critics

We can’t put more in if the seats don’t exist

What's the plan for stadium expansion? Is it to expand what we have? Where do the new seats go? When do we plan to build a more permanent structure?

What's the plan for stadium expansion? Is it to expand what we have? Where do the new seats go? When do we plan to build a more permanent structure?
If we have a few sellouts a year, they will be losing money by turning fans away. No need to expand yet. First, ticket prices will have to go up or they will have to expand. When they first built the stadium, it was said that it could expand to 55-60,000. I would think they have to go higher

As far as a new stadium, that’s not likely unless we get some serious P5 money

As far as attendance records, the Pittsburgh game ranks 10th and Navy 11th. Both in the same year. The Cincinnati game will most likely soon be in the top 10.

So that’s 3 out of the top 12 in 2018 alone.

UCF needs a brand new made for TV state of the art technology saturated bricks and mortar staduim. Make it 30k seats for permanent sell out TV optics. Football attendance is going down every year. Many P5 stadiums are already downsizing. Really noticing the smaller P5 crowd shots this year, so it's not just a G5 problem. Smaller built for TV stadiums like Tulane's are the way to go.

UCF needs a brand new made for TV state of the art technology saturated bricks and mortar staduim. Make it 30k seats for permanent sell out TV optics. Football attendance is going down every year. Many P5 stadiums are already downsizing. Really noticing the smaller P5 crowd shots this year, so it's not just a G5 problem. Smaller built for TV stadiums like Tulane's are the way to go.
I have read quite a bit about dwindling attendance as well as programs like Northwestern downsizing their stadiums. I imagine we will also have to deal with this.

I just dont know if its smart to spend hundreds of millions of dollars so we can have fewer fans come to games. I guess I think the size we have now is good.

I'll put my trust in DW on this topic.

I have read quite a bit about dwindling attendance as well as programs like Northwestern downsizing their stadiums. I imagine we will also have to deal with this.

I just dont know if its smart to spend hundreds of millions of dollars so we can have fewer fans come to games. I guess I think the size we have now is good.

I'll put my trust in DW on this topic.
Tulane Stadium was 74M in 2014 dollars. GOL stadium was cheap to build, and good for its time, but UCF can do better.

If we have a few sellouts a year, they will be losing money by turning fans away. No need to expand yet. First, ticket prices will have to go up or they will have to expand. When they first built the stadium, it was said that it could expand to 55-60,000. I would think they have to go higher

As far as a new stadium, that’s not likely unless we get some serious P5 money

Well maybe we can hook the overflow people up with a VR set and they can attend a "virtual game" like ECU

Sure just what UCF needs to do with its limited resources, spend money on ego.

Reactions: Knight_Light
I don't think expansion is even on the mind of DW while we're in the AAC. Sure, we may have a game here and there that generates enough interest to expand, but every year we also have the Tulsa'a/ECU's/Temple's/Tulane's/SMU's/UCONN's of the world that are a really difficult sell no matter how good we are.

Honestly, if Gameday wasn't here, would this Cincinnati game even sell out?

Those are pretty good. Start by getting rid of the chain link fence in the stadium then work on offsetting the silver aluminum look of all the bleachers.

That's what I would do myself - work on bettering the stadium that we have. Slowly but surely replace all of the non-student section bleachers with black/gold bucket type seats with cup holders.

Then work on building a concrete/brick facade around all of the steel on the outside ring of the stadium. Similar to what FSU did back in the 90's.

Then top it off by expanding the Roth tower.

That said, getting to 55K would be a nice goal to have. That would put us right in the middle of the pack of about 1/3 of the P5 schools.

Really ? I had no idea. No, seriously. I'm about as marry-able as Barney Gumble....

iu

Reactions: Mikesi
Those are pretty good. Start by getting rid of the chain link fence in the stadium then work on offsetting the silver aluminum look of all the bleachers.

Chain link fence removal I hope is a top priority and isn't expensive. Be cool to add more medieval flare. Concourse lights like these. Haunted house type feel to the outside.
medieval-i-light-torch-wet-area-fire-pits-torches-08-outdoor-lighting-landscape-lights-locations-solara-custom-doors-and_201_1024x1024.jpg

Chain link fence removal I hope is a top priority and isn't expensive. Be cool to add more medieval flare. Concourse lights like these. Haunted house type feel to the outside.
medieval-i-light-torch-wet-area-fire-pits-torches-08-outdoor-lighting-landscape-lights-locations-solara-custom-doors-and_201_1024x1024.jpg

How about we add a lazy river up at the top that runs around the ring of the stadium. Build up a huge retaining wall so people don't fall over. Hmmm. Maybe that isn't such a great idea.

Then again, I wanted a damn moat around the entire damn stadium in the first place with a castle facade around the steel structure.

Every time the Knights score, someone dressed like a Knight would shoot fireworks from a bow and arrow from one of the four corner towers of the stadium.

Reactions: AussieKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT