ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs Tulsa Game Thread

I also want to know who's operating the clock? They are running a lot of time off that shouldn't be.

No I in team, but I don't think I have seen a worst game by one player.

Heup be having boys run gag and choke drills to be like him.
Unreal.....

#55 should never see the field again.

Gameplan to beat UCF is pretty simple. If you control the LOS and stop the run and can play man, DG is not good enough to win the game solely by throwing the football. The inability to run the football in this game was alarming, but so was the inability of the receivers to get any separation on the Tulsa defenders.

#55 should never see the field again.

Gameplan to beat UCF is pretty simple. If you control the LOS and stop the run and can play man, DG is not good enough to win the game solely by throwing the football. The inability to run the football in this game was alarming, but so was the inability of the receivers to get any separation on the Tulsa defenders.
What happened to McRae?

Reactions: KnightNite
Pathetic. Now we get to listen to Heupel say a bunch of bullshit. I was really trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt by this crap keeps happening. He is a stubborn ass play caller, never adapts. We don’t seem to run any crossing routes, everything is big bombs or up the middle runs. Tired of the freaking penalties, I mean peewee teams have more discipline. I don’t know what to make of it. I guess they believed their own hype

Loss doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would. Guess cause my mind can grasp that football's not as important as usual in life right now. Would've loved a win but this loss definitely feels different when compared to normal years. Great game Tulsa.

Pathetic. Now we get to listen to Heupel say a bunch of bullshit. I was really trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt by this crap keeps happening. He is a stubborn ass play caller, never adapts. We don’t seem to run any crossing routes, everything is big bombs or up the middle runs. Tired of the freaking penalties, I mean peewee teams have more discipline. I don’t know what to make of it. I guess they believed their own hype
Exactly. Where are the crossing routes? These one-on-one routes, which are basically all of our routes, give a huge advantage to teams with good DBs.

Not to mention a minute left in half and we give up. What a clown. I was a Heupel fan. Not anymore. Plays too safe and it doesn’t work.
This is what really pisses me off, especially after they just scored. What a joke. You play all 60 minutes or just don’t play. I think I will go to work this week and say screw it, I am leaving Wednesday and did enough for the week

Can't face adversity. The tougher a game gets the more the team becomes undisciplined and blames one another. No leaders.

Reactions: PhDee
The center obviously had a horrific game but he is a freshman, hopefully this experience will make him a better player down the road. That being said, there has to be some alternative for now.

Exactly. Where are the crossing routes? These one-on-one routes, which are basically all of our routes, give a huge advantage to teams with good DBs.
It really is crazy to me, if this is all it takes to make over two million a year, I want the gig and I will do it for $500,000 and hire a bunch of great assistants

The big advantage for UCF is the play fast gimmick. All the penalties negate that advantage. Then you have to play big boy football which is not UCF’s strength.

The big advantage for UCF is the play fast gimmick. All the penalties negate that advantage. Then you have to play big boy football which is not UCF’s strength.
Heupel plays fast like you say as a gimmick, Frost was creative and played fast with out speed, really night and day difference. He just like to air it out with deep bombs, it is fun when it works and like I said last year, it works and looks great agains not so good teams, good teams can hang around

What happened to McRae?
When the QB stares down the receiver, it will invite double coverage from a safety or LB, even when the WR was initially open. Instead of watching an open receiver for two seconds, throw the ball as soon as he makes his break. When this happens it is NOT a receiver issue.

Starting to see a pattern with CJH and it’s not comforting. Can’t coach a game if he’s not getting a blowout. 2-3 more years of so-so seasons under him and we’ll have flushed all the progress we’ve made and have to start all over with the naysayers and P5 geniuses.

Starting to see a pattern with CJH and it’s not comforting. Can’t coach a game if he’s not getting a blowout. 2-3 more years of so-so seasons under him and we’ll have flushed all the progress we’ve made and have to start all over with the naysayers and P5 geniuses.
You do have to give him credit for the wins like last seasons Stanford or Temple game. His play calling and preparation led to the blowouts

How the hell do we get burned on a 3-4 all night? I don't understand?
Because we ran a predictable offense almost all night. On about 90% of our plays, they knew exactly where we would run: up the middle, and where we would pass: WR screens on the short drops, and go routes on all deep drops. They know that on the few occasions that we pass to the middle, DG will stare at the receiver long enough to let defenders get there before he delivers the pass. That's how they can defend us with a 3-4.

Reactions: Yaes
Because we ran a predictable offense almost all night. On about 90% of our plays, they knew exactly where we would run: up the middle, and where we would pass: WR screens on the short drops, and go routes on all deep drops. They know that on the few occasions that we pass to the middle, DG will stare at the receiver long enough to let defenders get there before he delivers the pass. That's how they can defend us with a 3-4.
So it's a coaching issue....if that's the case, we don't stand much of a chance the remainder of the year.

for our level, he'll be like what coker did to the canes. slow and steady decline. this staff's recruiting isn't all that good either.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
You do have to give him credit for the wins like last seasons Stanford or Temple game. His play calling and preparation led to the blowouts
Despite the issues we have, I do give Heup lots of credit. Our roster is probably more full of talent than ever in the history of the program. We have great playmaking ability on both sides of the ball. When we are efficiently playing fast we are competitive with most any team in the nation.

However, the play calling must diversify. We need to learn to also attack the middle of the field with our passing game, make better use of crossing routes and misdirection plays, to keep aggressive defenses honest, and get much better at in game adjustments.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
The hard part of all this besides tonight’s game is the realization that CJH will continue to be our coach for the foreseeable future. The AAC is hiring better coaches and becoming more competitive while UCF is regressing under CJH.

The center obviously had a horrific game but he is a freshman, hopefully this experience will make him a better player down the road. That being said, there has to be some alternative for now.
Obviously Matt Lee had a bad game. But I still believe he will be a good one for us. His mistakes tonight are fixable and teachable type moments. Hopefully he can learn from them right away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT