ADVERTISEMENT

UCF @ WVU

I can feel the excitement just based on the number of posts. Honestly, I just now finally was able to sit on my ass and see what is going on in the world.

I’m not surprised by the loss. We’re just god-awful on the road…1-9 overall.

“70/30 Keys to Success”:
FT = 67%
3pt = 24%

Dawkins now below .500 in conference play at UCF. Catching up fast to his conference record at Stanford.

I’m not so negative on Dawkins. I’m also not positive. With extreme roster churn each season I don’t know how any coach can be successful.

This is 5 years of mediocrity, though, and although it was exciting to go through our first Big 12 season it’s also easy to see you can’t clown around hoping something is going to change, if the top of the food chain doesn’t change.

Players love him but he just isn’t getting good results. It’s hard to get excited about basketball knowing “the definition of insanity” is going to keep occurring.

It is the same pattern regardless of conference. More years than not the team gets worse the closer we get to the Spring Equinox.

it is a boring brand of basketball to watch . maybe recruiting changes that

We just can't seem win on the road. Not sure how to fix that. Is it a travel or a preparation issue?

I didn’t watch. I didn’t miss much. I’ll watch Saturday. Just hurry up and get to postseason. Not playing our way in at large.

I can feel the excitement just based on the number of posts. Honestly, I just now finally was able to sit on my ass and see what is going on in the world.

“70/30 Keys to Success”:
FT = 67%
3pt = 24%
D and rebounding have let us down the past 4 games. The letdown is a big step backward. We wouldn't have even been in the game without their turnovers.

Dawkins is building this you can't just go from the American to the best conference in basketball and expect to win it. He has a solid class coming in. But also why Is Darius Johnson taking so many shots? He would launch up a brick anytime he got the ball in the second half.

4 out of the 5 remaining regular season games are against Top 25 teams.

And, all the teams are looking to get good seeding in NCAA tourny so will not be any let downs by them.

The preseason prognosticators were correct. UCF predicted to finish last in conference.

Yeah it won't mean much when we'll be lucky to win 2 more games....BUT we won't finish last! :D

Stetson/USF should be ranked if they're ranking UCF at 58!

4 out of the 5 remaining regular season games are against Top 25 teams.

And, all the teams are looking to get good seeding in NCAA tourny so will not be any let downs by them.

The preseason prognosticators were correct. UCF predicted to finish last in conference.
We WILL NOT finish last @Central Floridave !!!

I read the same analysis year after year, “Dawkins is building something special with a great recruiting class NEXT YEAR!”

He couldn’t win in the AAC and he won’t win in the Big12. He’s good for a few upsets but inconsistency, middle of the conference play is the ceiling.

Dawkins needs to go!

“70/30 Keys to Success”:
FT = 67%
3pt = 24%
Good teams win on the road

As a long time UCF fan and alum, I've been impressed with our BB team so far this year. Prior to WVU, we lost the previous 3 games by a total of 11 points if I remember correctly. I thought we were going to be blown out game after game but that hasn't been the case. We've been very competitive and I believe JD has done a good job and deserves a few more years. He is a class act and really is what college sports is about.

I'm impressed with a number of players and their skills. I see growth game after game. We just start out slow in almost every game and then dig our way back. But it seems that we dig too deep of a hole to overcome. I'm excited about the rest of the season and the B12 tournament. We may lose them all but our team puts out effort. I hope they keep pushing through this losing streak and get a few upsets in the coming weeks. Next year is going to be better. Hard to complain about our effort thus far. A few different bounces and things would look a lot different.

I won't be surprised if things come together and we do very well in the B12 tournament. We are very close and it just takes a hot streak. We have the ability to really shock the world. I hope our guys believe that and keep up the good effort. Eventually, statistics even out and we deserve some better results. I'll enjoy watching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT