ADVERTISEMENT

Upcoming Two Super Conferences.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Reactions: UCFhonors
Big 12 will be able to go to 24 as well and be just as competitive with these two leagues except for having the big brands. But will stay relevant moving forward.

I would say if they split off and do their own thing, they should play 100% of their games against teams in their division (Big10/SEC schools). Then they legitimately could have a 4 team play off by making their championship games round 1 of the play offs. They can treat it just like the NFL - have a wild card race and everything. But if they go that route, they need to do it for all of their sports, not just football. They can use their football championship model for basketball, baseball, golf, tennis, etc. Then because they are not affiliated with the governing body that affiliates them with amateur college sports, they should be legally treated like the minors leagues and all of the players should be unionized and all athletes should be able to collectively bargain with all of the schools paying them a fair wage and benefits. Also, the athletic programs and conferences should lose their protections as they are no longer affiliated with Amateur Athletics as well (ie if they have a player who dies during practice, the family should be allowed to sue them as if they were a business not a governmental agency). They should be legally treated like the other minor leagues, as a business. They should be able to add non-football members who have to choose between the NCAA and this new model.

Miami, FSU, Clemson and NC will move on to the P2. Nobody from the Big 12 has enough value to be considered. The facts.

Miami, FSU, Clemson and NC will move on to the P2. Nobody from the Big 12 has enough value to be considered. The facts.

I think FSU, NC and likely ND depending on what they do with playoffs are locks. I think VA would be above UM on the pecking list, especially with the SEC. Then I would say Clemson and UM. I think UM has a 60-40 chance of getting called up. SEC has 0 need for UM, or FSU, but I could see them grabbing FSU. BIG if they get FSU UM would be gravy, but if ND or NC would come as #2 , They may stop at 20. That would be bad news for UM. I agree B12 isn't losing anyone, Utah doesn't bring enough, and neither does Kansas.

My guess is UM ends up in the Big. but depending on how many SEC/Big takes could very well be left out of the mix.
Example, Big adds ND and FSU for 20
SEC adds NC, VA, Clemson and one of NC state or VT. The last one for SEC likely would-be part of a package deal.
It is also very possible SEC would take just 2. They really don't need more schools. NC and VA give them new markets, everyone else does not.

Last edited:
I think FSU, NC and likely ND depending on what they do with playoffs are locks.
I would agree with you on that. Ironically, the "if-iest" one of the three is Florida State.
SEC has 0 need for UM
Same with the Big Ten. If the Big Ten decides to hit the Florida market, they have FSU literally begging them for a spot because the Gators will do everything in their power to keep them out of the SEC.
SEC adds NC, VA, Clemson and one of NC state or VT.
In my opinion, the B1G is more interested in NC than any other team not named ND. With Maryland in the B1G tent, it's not a given that the SEC gets either NC or VA.

New playoff format and CFP monetary distribution deal is all but done. It’s funny to me how it’s the G5 fans from UCF and Cincinnati where you find the biggest complainers.

Lol…don’t you guys realize the inclusion of your schools into the Big 12 greatly devalued the conference?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT