ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Only 200 Season Tickets left for 2019 Season

I thought that nooner against Mizzou would have worked to our advantage.
It did, other than them running back a punt for a TD, which ultimately cost us the win....yes, we choked away defeat from the jaws of victory again.

I would think that the total capacity of the stadium has actually dropped now to make room for a Cabana, concessions, etc. There’s been no additional space added.

True. But new NW Loge Seat Tables are being added this year to go along with the SW Loge seats that were added last year in places that didn't havee seats prior. (North Field Cabanas were added too).

New capacity is probably close to 43,500 or so as individual.chairs plus more barricades take up more space compared to.plain bleachers. (Let alon giant rows of.bleachers taken out for Cabana club between the 40's.

Here’s the thing. UCF has taken a pretty generic “erector set stadium” and has turned it into an amazing stadium with a great gameday experience that a lot of other fanbases are envious of.

Yeah, it only holds 43,500, but it’s been packed and the games/offense has been exciting. DW is always thinking of new things to add and is constantly expanding the premium seating.

The food is good with lots of options, there are now water stations, the Cabanas are really innovative and cool, and you can purchase alcohol

It used to suck when you had to sneak in drinks as your only option.

The staff is generally pretty organized and friendly. They definitely do make an effort.

Additionally, there’s a full bar (Burger-U) a few hundred yards away.

All this, at a very reasonable price. I pay $1200 for 2 lower Cabana seats in the first row for 6 home games. Can’t beat that

I’m never giving those up

True. But new NW Loge Seat Tables are being added this year to go along with the SW Loge seats that were added last year in places that didn't havee seats prior. (North Field Cabanas were added too).

New capacity is probably close to 43,500 or so as individual.chairs plus more barricades take up more space compared to.plain bleachers. (Let alon giant rows of.bleachers taken out for Cabana club between the 40's.

They need to keep adding premium seats until they reduce the capacity to 41,000 and then plan a 10,000 upper deck in the future. 51,000 is the magic number.

They need to keep adding premium seats until they reduce the capacity to 41,000 and then plan a 10,000 upper deck in the future. 51,000 is the magic number.

Lets see how many of the new 835 or so new East Side Cabana additions they sell this year (hopefully they will sellout but I suspect the will sell at least 75% or more as otherwise, why do it?).

Adding new premium areas/sections every 2 years or so is a pretty smart thing to do (you can build up a waiting list the prior year).

Reactions: firm_bizzle
So is this the first year we've sold out of season tickets at spectrum?

If so that's pretty impressive. Let's drive that revenue baby!

You know I think DW is wise to be focusing on revenue generation rather than lopsided scheduling practices. Perhaps this is more of what conferences are looking for (able to stand on your own without a lucrative TV contract?) So that we come in and contribute and not suck on the teeth of the conference.

You know I think DW is wise to be focusing on revenue generation rather than lopsided scheduling practices. Perhaps this is more of what conferences are looking for (able to stand on your own without a lucrative TV contract?) So that we come in and contribute and not suck on the teeth of the conference.
I know they go hand in hand but I think more than a sell out DW wants a waiting list for season tickets. It sounds super impressive and would allow him to jack up ticket prices

Additionally, It’s in Heupel’s contract that he gets a nice chunk of that. A lot of that isn’t talked about. That could HELP keep him here.

Additionally, It’s in Heupel’s contract that he gets a nice chunk of that. A lot of that isn’t talked about. That could HELP keep him here.

Heupel's original contract:

DQUJtgqW0AA7-cr.jpg

Here’s the thing. UCF has taken a pretty generic “erector set stadium” and has turned it into an amazing stadium with a great gameday experience that a lot of other fanbases are envious of.

Yeah, it only holds 43,500, but it’s been packed and the games/offense has been exciting. DW is always thinking of new things to add and is constantly expanding the premium seating.

The food is good with lots of options, there are now water stations, the Cabanas are really innovative and cool, and you can purchase alcohol

It used to suck when you had to sneak in drinks as your only option.

The staff is generally pretty organized and friendly. They definitely do make an effort.

Additionally, there’s a full bar (Burger-U) a few hundred yards away.

All this, at a very reasonable price. I pay $1200 for 2 lower Cabana seats in the first row for 6 home games. Can’t beat that

I’m never giving those up

UCF has done more than this. It has taken a generic stadium on campus and made it the focus of the University 7 weekends out of the year. People are building game day traditions and making a connection with the university. Most importantly they have created a desire in the student body to participate. 13,000 students live on campus. UCF has made it easy for them to attend and to become engaged with the program. I know UCF was a different place but when students had to travel to the Citrus Bowl you did not get the participation that we got even in 0-12 years

I think the last few years are the first time that students actually stood in line to ensure they got tickets. That is a big deal

UCF has done more than this. It has taken a generic stadium on campus and made it the focus of the University 7 weekends out of the year. People are building game day traditions and making a connection with the university. Most importantly they have created a desire in the student body to participate. 13,000 students live on campus. UCF has made it easy for them to attend and to become engaged with the program. I know UCF was a different place but when students had to travel to the Citrus Bowl you did not get the participation that we got even in 0-12 years

I think the last few years are the first time that students actually stood in line to ensure they got tickets. That is a big deal
I think this is one of the most important things we need to keep working on. We need people to come to our games and build their connections to the university. That's where the money comes from. Ticket sales and donations. This is where the blue bloods have the biggest advantage over us and we need to catch up. Everything else like TV deal, recruits, etc. will follow.

Reactions: ahabmw
Studies show that alumni that VISIT said University Campus are much more likely to donate back to the school and stay engaged in said school activities vs those that don't make it back to campus.

Also, the #1 event for most Universities that bring alumni back to campus? On-campus football games...hence why UCF building their on-campus stadium will have lasting impact for decades and decades and generations to come.

Hell, even if you don't like sports you know your friends will be there and you can talk among them while the game is going on and spend a few bucks at concessions. $$$$$ The excitement alone is worth the experience regardless of whether or not you're actually following the game.

And I don't care who you are, if you were at the Cincy game last year and don't really follow football, it'd be really hard not to get jacked up when Cincy got those penalties on their first possession. BTW, anybody see that video UCF football posted? #Goosebumps!

Hell, even if you don't like sports you know your friends will be there and you can talk among them while the game is going on and spend a few bucks at concessions. $$$$$ The excitement alone is worth the experience regardless of whether or not you're actually following the game.

And I don't care who you are, if you were at the Cincy game last year and don't really follow football, it'd be really hard not to get jacked up when Cincy got those penalties on their first possession. BTW, anybody see that video UCF football posted? #Goosebumps!
Which one?

On behalf of our coaches, staff and student-athletes, thank you for your support of UCF Athletics. Season ticket members are an integral part of a championship winning program.

We are excited to share with you that we are very close to selling out our season ticket allotment in Spectrum Stadium for the 2019 season. As of today, fewer than 200 season tickets remain.

In other words, it will be more challenging than ever to assist you with access to single game tickets during the 2019 season (and possibly in future seasons).

We know that throughout the season, many of our fans will be seeking additional tickets for family, friends and colleagues to our biggest games. In many cases seats will not be available through the UCF Athletics Ticket Office. The best alternative is to immediately encourage these individuals to consider fully supporting the football team through the purchase of season tickets.

To purchase tickets, they can call our sales team at (407) 823-1000 (option 1), purchase online HERE, or respond to this email with their contact information and one of our staff members will personally reach out to them with seating options.

We can't wait to see you in Spectrum Stadium on August 29th!

Go Knights, Charge On!

Best way create facilitate school spirit and connected alumni....end the direct connect program. Too many students of our students are here for just four semesters with no real connection to the school. Ideally we dramatically increase on campus housing as well.

Best way create facilitate school spirit and connected alumni....end the direct connect program. Too many students of our students are here for just four semesters with no real connection to the school. Ideally we dramatically increase on campus housing as well.
But those fees we take in tho....

And don’t we have the largest number of beds on campus of any school in the state?

I understand the points about direct connect and on campus housing influencing the fanbase but there's no way they're going to stop direct connect. Best to just double up on dorms. I heard that freshmen are guaranteed a spot on campus but when you become a sophomore they have the right to kick you out. The purpose being so they can guarantee freshmen will have a place to live on campus. Apparently there's a major dorm shortage.

" I know UCF was a different place but when students had to travel to the Citrus Bowl you did not get the participation that we got even in 0-12 years"

Agreed that games at the Spec is waaay better than the shitrus bowl ever was, but in 2005 everyone came out for this game:

51K+ in Citrus Bowl for a Conference Championship game (that we lost).

December 3, 2005 Tulsa
ESPN L 27–44 51,978

" I know UCF was a different place but when students had to travel to the Citrus Bowl you did not get the participation that we got even in 0-12 years"

Agreed that games at the Spec is waaay better than the shitrus bowl ever was, but in 2005 everyone came out for this game:

December 3, 2005 Tulsa
ESPN L 27–44 51,978
Everyone I knew went to games when it was at Citrus Bowl.

I understand the points about direct connect and on campus housing influencing the fanbase but there's no way they're going to stop direct connect. Best to just double up on dorms. I heard that freshmen are guaranteed a spot on campus but when you become a sophomore they have the right to kick you out. The purpose being so they can guarantee freshmen will have a place to live on campus. Apparently there's a major dorm shortage.
I get that. Perhaps instead of automatically letting anyone in who finished local community college, they only admit those with a 3.0 or higher (ideally 3.6 or higher) and increase the number of freshman admitted.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Purpose of dorms and on campus are to meet people and get around if you don’t have a car. I think after a year you’ve met people to move in with and most 19-23 year olds have cars. I didn’t want to live on campus. But I moved up with friends and the campus wasn’t as built up as it is now.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I get that. Perhaps instead of automatically letting anyone in who finished local community college, they only admit those with a 3.0 or higher (ideally 3.6 or higher) and increase the number of freshman admitted.
My colleagues and I have talked about that. We're not decision makers but think it would be an improvement.

December 3, 2005 Tulsa
ESPN L 27–44 51,978

For that game...yes...because it became an EVENT.

In 2005...that was the year Buddy Dyer told UCF to "get lost" as he told UCF that the City would probably close the Citrus Bowl for 2 years while they renovated...so UCF might need to find a temporary place to play...and that is why ALL of UCF's non-conf games that year were all ROAD games and UCF played just FOUR (all conf games) at home:

Game.....Attendance:
Marshall: 22,127
Memphis: 20,562
Tulane: 15,009
Houston: 32,635 (HOMECOMING)

So yes...most students did NOT go to those games in 2005 (or any year at the Citrus Bowl)...as the only games that drew a nice crowd were Homecoming and the Conf Championship Game (UCF's first ever Championship Game).

For that game...yes...because it became an EVENT.

In 2005...that was the year Buddy Dyer told UCF to "get lost" as he told UCF that the City would probably close the Citrus Bowl for 2 years while they renovated...so UCF might need to find a temporary place to play...and that is why ALL of UCF's non-conf games that year were all ROAD games and UCF played just FOUR (all conf games) at home:

Game.....Attendance:
Marshall: 22,127
Memphis: 20,562
Tulane: 15,009
Houston: 32,635 (HOMECOMING)

So yes...most students did NOT go to those games in 2005 (or any year at the Citrus Bowl)...as the only games that drew a nice crowd were Homecoming and the Conf Championship Game (UCF's first ever Championship Game).
Enrollment and Alumni have grown since Citrus Bowl Days.

But you know, UCF is like, you know, a school. If they are here for four years to finish a degree, it's ok too. [roll]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT