ADVERTISEMENT

USF AD Mark Harlan leaving to take Utah AD job

The bigger donations came in during The EF which was designed to give raises to coaches AFTER they started winning games. The larger donations that came in before that were from people who had already given large donations in past. I don’t care how much money he brings in if the teams suck.
yep that Excellent Fund Drive probably misled some of the donors. At the time it was sold as 'Give Frost and staff a raise to be UCF's Spurrier'. He went on the radio and said 'I want to keep the gang together'. I doubt the urgency and amount raised would be the same if he was honest and said "I'm gone to Nebraska in one month".

The real test will be the next 2 years. If Heupel ends up being a '8 win a year' plateau, Dawkins continues to struggle recruiting after Jones recruits are gone, and baseball continues to under achieve the star will fade. Stetson Baseball advanced to a super regional before UCF. I've said this a lot on this board but there really is no excuse for Football, Baseball, and Golf to be 'average' any year within the conference with UCF's location.

White came out the gate hitting on everything and he deserves the raise but let's get a larger sample size before giving him God status. Frost leaving so fast obviously puts him to the test. The health of any Athletic Department comes down to the Football Program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT