ADVERTISEMENT

usf and uf schedule a 2 for 1 series.

As a season ticket holder, I would like to have 6 or 7 home games and not have to play 2 games at home a year against FCS schools. If we play 2 for 1s or one and dones, that simply won’t happen.

For some reason I’m sure that there are some UCF fans who may think a win against UF actually means something. It would have meant absolutely nothing for the past 2 years. We did just fine last year without them. A GT win (home and away series) would have meant a little more than a UF win.

Agree on the 7 home games. And if the Cabana beer lines were faster, even better.

Reactions: Mikesi
If UF is truly more like Pitt, than UCF will never be part of the big boys or be a consistent program. UF has everything UCF has, plus much more resources, an established fan base, a path to the national championship, and a built in national level rivalry. If people have that low of a perception of UF on a national scale now, if and when UCF falters they will be relegated back to ECU, Cincy, Marshall status.
I hate the Gators but UF is definitely no Pitt. If UCF can go 0-12 then go undefeated 2 seasons later UF can be a Top 10 team in a few seasons with their location and resources. This is the arrogance that I'm seeing from a lot of UCF fans especially on twitter. You would think UCF has won 10+ games for a decade straight.

Reactions: Knight Strength
The Cows are just cementing themselves further into 2nd class status and eventually they will end up playing two FCS teams every year because no FBS team is going to come to Tampa without a return game.

We have some good home and home games coming up. DW should stick to the demand for home and home against P6 opponents.

the rumor is Strong hates it there but I don't think he'll win enough to get a Big time offer again. I see him getting out-coached by Memphis, UCF, and Houston.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I also think ragging on USF for doing this deal is pretty low class. Not sure why it is such a big deal

If UF is truly more like Pitt, than UCF will never be part of the big boys or be a consistent program. UF has everything UCF has, plus much more resources, an established fan base, a path to the national championship, and a built in national level rivalry. If people have that low of a perception of UF on a national scale now, if and when UCF falters they will be relegated back to ECU, Cincy, Marshall status.
You can take my statement as a knock to UF, but they siimply aren’t worth giving into all their demands at this time and getting nothing in return. I believe in our AD, who obviously feels the same way. Actually, he appears to feel the same way even towards the Alabama’s of the world.

If the Gators have a low perception nationally at this time, than that’s on them. That’s their problem. It’s really not relevant to where we are program is this time.

As far as becoming ECU, Cincy or a Marshall, I’m hoping that we have evolved enough to not have to go back to that ever again. Our AD believes it, but it’s unfortunate that some of our fans aren’t thinking as big as he is. He’s trying to show a little swagger, but some fans are thinking in lesser terms of our program. We are trying to move forward as a program. Think in bigger terms, not of impending doom.

Last edited:
Look how thrilled we are that we got Tre Nixon lol. Every receiver at UF is Nixon caliber.
I have to disagree with you here. If you are insinuating that UF has better receivers (or RBs) than UCF, that simply is not true.

Look at the Pro Day 40 times of Auburn. They aren’t exactly who they say that they are.

Look at some of the players that we put in the NFL. Our program has been great at finding the diamonds in the rough and developing talent. Arguably the Gators best player, Antonio Callaway was a complete mess legally speaking.

Why don’t they have better WRs? Honestly, I have no idea. They should, but they don’t

Last edited:
I have to disagree with you here. If you are insinuating that UF has better receivers (or RBs) than UCF, that simply is not true.

Look at the Pro Day 40 times of day Auburn. They aren’t exactly who they say that they are.

Look at some of the players that we put in the NFL. Our program has been great at finding the diamonds in the rough and developing talent. Arguably the Gators best player Antonio Callaway was a complete mess legally speaking.

Why don’t they have better WRs? Honestly, I have no idea. They should, but they don’t
Didn’t they also get an ole miss transfer WR. Believe he came in a slightly higher 4 star to ole miss

If you knew UCF would win at least 2 out 3 games in the series, would you really still rather they played a 1-1 with a low to mid tier P5. Playing GT and Louisville is good, but winning a series with UF would bring a lot of excitement. Also a game at UF is one of the shortest road trips that any fan who traveled for the peach bowl would try to attend.

As for the swagger it works as long as UCF wins, they need a TCU, Boise, FSU run. Four losses in a season and its hard to act big.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Didn’t they also get an ole miss transfer WR. Believe he came in a slightly higher 4 star to ole miss
Correct. Van Jefferson I believe. A 2014 or 2015 recruit who had been playing for 2 years. Productive, higher rated than Nixon (but not in the same class), but not necessarily having more upside

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
If you knew UCF would win at least 2 out 3 games in the series, would you really still rather they played a 1-1 with a low to mid tier P5. Playing GT and Louisville is good, but winning a series with UF would bring a lot of excitement. Also a game at UF is one of the shortest road trips that any fan who traveled for the peach bowl would try to attend.

As for the swagger it works as long as UCF wins, they need a TCU, Boise, FSU run. Four losses in a season and its hard to act big.
Sure. We can play them. Additionally, they can schedule a 1 for 1. Going to a 92,000 fan Swamp and potentially losing twice because of home field advantage, puts our program back a few years. We can take our chances with a 1 and 1 at the Swamp and Spectrum

We need respect, revenue, fairness and W’s vs quality P5 opponents, not short-term excitement and being put in a terrible position to fail.

Our AD is smarter than anyone on here. He won’t do it. He respects our program and is thinking bigger than the crap these other schools are offering us. I’m sure Danny White has thought about this, consulted others on this and is looking at this at angles that we wouldn’t even consider. I’m sure “a fun away game” is down the list in the grand scheme of things for his overall vision of UCF.

What did the 2006 loss to the Gators do for our program?

Additionally, I totally forgot about the 1 for 1 with Louisville that USF wasn’t able to accomplish

If we can ask and get it from Louisville, then we can get that from the Gators, etc. When was the last time that the Gators were a better team than Louisville? Certainly not since 2012.

USF is getting $750,000 for the 2 games. Total for both.

They are paying $250,000 for the Gators to come down. Say the home and away are a wash.
So.., basically they are getting $500,000 to go to the Swamp of the extra away game instead of a home game.

They need that revenue due to their poor home attendance and maybe they have to pay to rent to use Raymond James stadium

I would think that we make more than $500,000 for a home game. That is better financially than to play an away game for $500,000. So it would be a bad business move for UCF

Additionally, Michigan paid us 1.5 million to play there, so $500,000 is peanuts.

Last edited:
When it comes to my team (UCF), I rather have a little swag and arrogance than an inferiority complex

I would really enjoy a home game at the Swamp. Heck, I never even have been to a single game there

However, it’s more about the program and it’s future, then a fun away game with the Gators and their one-sided terms

Believe in Danny White. Is he arrogant too? I wouldn’t say so. Maybe I’m wrong, but he seems to care less about who outside of UCF likes UCF.

Demanding 1 for 1 gives our program a much better chance to achieve a better than .500 record compared to playing 2 for 1’s. I expect our coaches to put our players in a position to achieve great things. I also expect our AD to do the same. Playing 2 for 1’s just sets us up for failure. Playing 1 for 1 also means most of those games will be against Middle to lower power 5 teams which translates to an even better chance at winning those games.

Believe in Danny White. Is he arrogant too? I wouldn’t say so. Maybe I’m wrong, but he seems to care less about who outside of UCF likes UCF.

No, he's doing his job. He did the same thing at Buffalo. He tried to establish them as New York's team and make them a flagship university in the New York system. His job is to sell UCF, much like it was Frost's job when he was the coach.

I think Bianchi talked about this today. I missed it. Did anyone catch it on the radio?

Demanding 1 for 1 gives our program a much better chance to achieve a better than .500 record compared to playing 2 for 1’s. I expect our coaches to put our players in a position to achieve great things. I also expect our AD to do the same. Playing 2 for 1’s just sets us up for failure. Playing 1 for 1 also means most of those games will be against Middle to lower power 5 teams which translates to an even better chance at winning those games.
The Louisville and Stanford games were amazing gets IMO. I definitely consider them to be in the top half of the P5. So.,, it can be done

There is no sense in taking 2 for 1s unless it A) makes monetary sense or B) adds some element of marketing/prestige. Even those two reasons could be picked apart.

You can't rob Peter to pay Paul which is what you are doing with the 2 for 1s.

As a fan, I don't mind mid-level "P5" teams. They bring just enough excitement and those schools understand we're not bending over backwards to certain programs. It's a win-win for both schools.

Why engage in win-lose situation ever?

Did anybody ever consider if we continue to schedule mid-level "p5" schools and win, we build prestige and then the bigger boys will come calling because the SOS now comes into play? Let's not forget, our "P5" record is still terrible.

I think most people are focused on the short-term and not the long term impacts of these uneven scheduling deals. Long term you slow build your brand while giving the best chance to win, not scheduling schools with a big name just because.

Did anybody ever consider if we continue to schedule mid-level "p5" schools and win, we build prestige and then the bigger boys will come calling because the SOS now comes into play? Let's not forget, our "P5" record is still terrible.

Does it? In terms of an appropriate comparison TCU. They had 10+ wins 8 of 10 seasons prior to joining Big12, during that span the biggest schools to visit was Oregon State and Texas Tech. CFP further emphasizes that ooc sos has less impact on a team's path.

I still think it’s quite interesting how we are scheduling all of these ACC teams home and away. Wonder if there’s something behind this. [winking]

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
The Louisville and Stanford games were amazing gets IMO. I definitely consider them to be in the top half of the P5. So.,, it can be done

Exactly. Two very good football programs. Keep this standard up. We know where UF and FSU stand on the issue and we don't see close to eye to eye at the moment since they arrogantly refuse to play us at our home stadium. Go after the likes of Miami, Oregon, Michigan State, VA Tech, and West Virginia, etc, and keep calling.

Exactly. Two very good football programs. Keep this standard up. We know where UF and FSU stand on the issue and we don't see close to eye to eye at the moment since they arrogantly refuse to play us at our home stadium. Go after the likes of Miami, Oregon, Michigan State, VA Tech, and West Virginia, etc, and keep calling.
Miami came to Brighthouse in 2009. A lot of their fans came and that set our attendance record. Good for them!

Oregon would be a fun OOC series to pursue & Cristobal might want it since he likes recruiting Florida

Stay the course, no 2 for 1s. Keep on having winning seasons and winning conference. Fill the trophy case, opposite of usf. We need to find next Milton type QB. Only recruit I care about in next recruiting class.

USF is done. They can't get a s
Stay the course, no 2 for 1s. Keep on having winning seasons and winning conference. Fill the trophy case, opposite of usf. We need to find next Milton type QB. Only recruit I care about in next recruiting class.
Also mostly concerned with QB. Not sure what Heups preference is but my feeling is pro style.

Fans prefer any win to any loss. I agree that we need to beat better teams but we are not prepared to do that in every OOC game we play. I love our team and our guys but our roster is (on average) not as genetically gifted as a blue blood program. We are weaker, slower, shorter, thinner, and have slower reaction times than the rosters at blue bloods. Look how thrilled we are that we got Tre Nixon lol. Every receiver at UF is Nixon caliber.

Remember we do have Stanford and Louisville coming up and thats great for us but we have to add difficulty over a period of years that matches our improved recruiting. And coaching changes are going to be a major setback every few years.

The way for us to stay relevant is to be in a NY6 game in back to back years. And several times in a short period of time before the next conference realignment.
I'm going to presume that in saying "genetically gifted" you meant athletically gifted. There is no proof that every great athlete reached that level due to genetics. Almost all succeed as a result of a such thing as hard work, i.e. weight lifting, extra hours of position drills, attending camps to hone technique, film watching, etc.. Those who don't do those things do not rise to the cream of the crop.

Certainly, if any of us worked our butt off to become the top rated accountant or engineer in our office, it would be a slap in the face for someone to say it was because we are "genetically gifted" to succeed in that role.

I'm going to presume that in saying "genetically gifted" you meant athletically gifted. There is no proof that every great athlete reached that level due to genetics. Almost all succeed due because there is a such thing as hard work, i.e. weight lifting, extra hours of position drills, attending camps to hone technique, film watching, etc.. Those who don't do those things do not rise to the cream of the crop.

Certainly, if any of us worked our butt off to become the top rated accountant or engineer in our office, it would be a slap in the face for someone to say it was because we are "genetically gifted" to succeed in that role.
This is incorrect. First, it's not a slap in the face. There is no doubt that the most sucessful have worked hard to get where they end up.

That said, the gifted don't know their gift. Genetics are responsible for everything from dwarfism to gigantism. Muscular dystrophy to myostatin deficiency.

For football specifically, speed is an athletic trait that we are not able to improve reliably. People are born to be fast and there's no amount or type of training that can consistently improve it in our athletes. Another good example is height. A taller receiver is desirable over a shorter receiver in order to increase reach and make more catches. No amount of training can increase height. Strength (and its contribution to power) is an athletic attribute that we can improve significantly...but some athletes genetic potentials are a lot higher than others.

No amount of hard work or training could have made me faster than Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps.

In sport physiology a common saying on this topic is, "choose your parents wisely." It's not a popular belief but in some ways, we are not born equal.

First the 5-star transfers, and now this. How does it feel to hear some actual college football news that's real, and not fabricated by your fans?

First the 5-star transfers, and now this. How does it feel to hear some actual college football news that's real, and not fabricated by your fans?
News? Do you call a 3 for 0 home and away deal with UF news or an embarrassment to your program and admitting that you’re inferior?

I hope you’re not referring to that transfer QB as your “actual news”.

The washed up, failure 5 Star QB?

See..., here at UCF, we have a 3-Star QB on our roster who can actually play QB in college

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
No. Our stadium is on campus and is our team’s home. Period.
It would technically be a neutral site game, like bowl games are. The only difference is that we would get a defector home game out of it, and they wouldn’t get anything. I understand your point, but UF agrees to play USF for 2 reasons, 1. They will have Aton of fans there anyway, and 2. The stadium is large.

Awww Poor Little Owen who goes shopping with his mommy.

How does it feel to be our bitch?

Now you are UF's bitch too, giving away home games. You know there will be 10x more Gator fans in your rented stadium than Heifer fans.

I am on the fence about it. Not really jumping up for joy but the position we are in makes it hard to schedule P5 teams. We shall see.

I doubt UF buys-out the return game (like they did a few years ago) as it is set at $2.5 million. Stranger things have happened, though...

This is incorrect. First, it's not a slap in the face. There is no doubt that the most sucessful have worked hard to get where they end up.

That said, the gifted don't know their gift. Genetics are responsible for everything from dwarfism to gigantism. Muscular dystrophy to myostatin deficiency.

For football specifically, speed is an athletic trait that we are not able to improve reliably. People are born to be fast and there's no amount or type of training that can consistently improve it in our athletes. Another good example is height. A taller receiver is desirable over a shorter receiver in order to increase reach and make more catches. No amount of training can increase height. Strength (and its contribution to power) is an athletic attribute that we can improve significantly...but some athletes genetic potentials are a lot higher than others.

No amount of hard work or training could have made me faster than Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps.

In sport physiology a common saying on this topic is, "choose your parents wisely." It's not a popular belief but in some ways, we are not born equal.

Not for this guy...

65355_h.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT